Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: LCS Guardian Backfire  (Read 2394 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LCS Guardian Backfire
« on: August 08, 2009, 10:28:26 pm »

If you release a Special Edition, you are guarranted to affect the issues postively. Unlike terrorist actitives, there is no chance you would alienate the issues.

This calls for balance. If society is L+ enough, Conservatives will end up doing less crime. The result is that when you publish a Liberal Guardian SPECIAL EDITION, you'll end up exposing to the whole world...absolutely nothing. People are going to roll their eyes, and you thereby alienate the United States as a result.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Guardian Backfire
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:09:01 am »

Yeah, I see what you mean.  If you publish, say, secret corporate files that turn out to have nothing interesting on them...

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 06:33:23 am »

Breaking News! A major corporation is considering upgrading its computer software! Scandalous!
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 07:51:47 am »

Really though, if the entire nation is whipped into a frenzy in any direction, even the slightest hint of wrongdoing from a perceived enemy would bring down the hammer.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 02:41:32 pm »

I've posted lib gaurdian special eds. and I've had rednecks showing up on my door in every place I've built a lib gaurdian.
Hello Hunam

irmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 09:09:29 pm »

If you release a Special Edition, you are guarranted to affect the issues postively. Unlike terrorist actitives, there is no chance you would alienate the issues.

There is the chance of violent retaliation, though. And you had to do some B&E or hacking to get the files, so it's not like you're getting something for nothing.

This calls for balance. If society is L+ enough, Conservatives will end up doing less crime. The result is that when you publish a Liberal Guardian SPECIAL EDITION, you'll end up exposing to the whole world...absolutely nothing. People are going to roll their eyes, and you thereby alienate the United States as a result.

Not the way it works. If you publish a Special Edition, you presumably have something on them. And while in an L+ society their crimes may not be all that sinister--"BREAKING NEWS: EvilCorp donated a hundred copies of Atlas Shrugged to an elementary school!"--the public will be more easily incited. Look at Bill Clinton--he gets a blowjob from an intern and half of the country is calling for his head, because they already hated him. They just needed an excuse.

I'd think you would have worse results publishing in a C+ society, where people are afraid to read your paper in public.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 01:00:16 pm »

And you had to do some B&E or hacking to get the files, so it's not like you're getting something for nothing.

Not entirely true. You could always get sleepers to snoop around (no risk for the LCS, only the sleeper). That's how I get mine (though I never use them until I have a team of 40 writers and five squads that actively destroy the Conservative Machine with the Liberal Guardian's backing)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 02:31:02 pm »

irmo convinced me.

And you had to do some B&E or hacking to get the files, so it's not like you're getting something for nothing.

Not entirely true. You could always get sleepers to snoop around (no risk for the LCS, only the sleeper).

Then I guess that should be changed then...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 06:44:26 pm »

Eh, it's not as easy as I made it sound. Requires somebody higher up, usually. Like a news anchor. And converting them is a bitch.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 08:20:26 pm »

I got a corporate CEO once.  It was fun getting him to snoop around in his own house and steal documents to incriminate himself.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 09:28:57 pm »

I got a corporate CEO once.  It was fun getting him to snoop around in his own house and steal documents to incriminate himself.

Maybe he was digging up dirt on his corporate rivals and incriminating them. That would be a fun mechanic for the game, actually. Depending on the laws, different corporations could give you evidence pointing fingers at their rivals.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 05:37:56 am »

Wait, so Corporate CEOs are now room mates?  Hmmm, sounds like a sitcom waiting to happen.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 06:44:03 pm »

Well, there is only one "CEO Residence" in the game. You can go to the one place and recruit dozens of CEOs.

I guess its like a lavish apartment complex for the corporate elite.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 07:21:54 am »

Maybe CEOs secretly indulge in communal living when not at work, to achieve balance in their otherwise highly capitalism-driven lives. Maybe they all know each other and come over for D&D sessions.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 10:58:10 am »

According to the Liberal Guardian, the CEO House is

a building with enough square footage enough to house a hundred people if it weren't in Conservative Hands. 

How many CEOes live in the CEO House?
Pages: [1] 2