Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 20d11 Issue with food and above ground house.  (Read 468 times)

SierraKaine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
20d11 Issue with food and above ground house.
« on: August 08, 2009, 03:34:44 pm »

I think there is some weird issue in the AI programming about what is considered inside and where the food is located.

Decided to take a different approach to things, building houses to live in above ground as opposed to digging my dwarfish a home. Even though there is a huge food stock next door, dwarves are starving to death left and right in the dinning room, and yes the food is accessable as far as I can tell. tried several different things just as putting food in the mountain's tunnel, removing doors, and so on. Can't seem to figure it out.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 20d11 Issue with food and above ground house.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 04:38:35 pm »

Draft a dwarf, and station them in the food stockpile. That should tell you if the route is blocked or not. If that dwarf can still get there, check to see if civilians are allowed outside to get to the food stockpile; you set this in the (o)rders menu.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

SierraKaine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 01:50:54 am »

They can get in there, they just won't pick up the food to eat it for some reason. And yah they're allowed outside. tried setting the door as internal to see if it helped somehow but didn't.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:16:28 pm »

Is the food forbidden?  Forbidden items have curly braces around their names, and won't be used by any dwarf for any purpose.