Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Turning the economy on question  (Read 504 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turning the economy on question
« on: August 08, 2009, 02:30:12 am »

ok so i downloaded the game but with the graphics mod however it had economy off and i did not know this until the tax collector and baron arrives.  I turned it on after they came but i dont think it actually activated the economy cause i dont have the option to build a shop i think.  Is this because the economy will never activate after the baron and tax collector arrives if the economy was turned off when this happens?

i also have the same question about turning on invaders. it was off by default when the game started but i dont have an army yet.  if i turn it on will invaders start spawning or will i need to make a new game ?

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Turning the economy on question
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 02:40:21 am »

For the first: It's off forever for that fort, unless perhaps you kill off the tax collector and force a new one to come, I'm not sure if that works.

For the second, Yes, you can freely turn that option on and off with no problems, turning it back on will cause invaders to spawn again. :)

And for a personal note: I wouldn't suggest the Economy no matter what, it's simply a placeholder right now and not very well worked upon.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 02:43:53 am »

so i shouldnt consider using the economy then? i mean it sounds interesting but some of the forum posts keep talking about dwarves becoming really poor and stuff and all that so i dont know

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 03:41:01 am »

i think you should try it at least once.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 04:47:25 am »

I agree with andrea, you should try everything this game has to offer at least once. It adds a new layer of challenge to the game, but as Smew says, it functions very poorly and is mostly a placeholder.

Anyways, it's your call.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.