Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cmon metalsmith!  (Read 522 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cmon metalsmith!
« on: August 07, 2009, 01:32:23 pm »

I'm modding it so i can get free bars and charcoal and stuff at the smelter-so i get the stuff and need to make a chain, i add it to the forges task thing, no one comes. I go see my blacksmith/metalsmith, all his metal/weapon/armor/blacksmithing labors are on and he has those skills, he's not doing any other task so how do i get him to do it?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Cmon metalsmith!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 02:37:08 pm »

Chains are made using metalcrafting, not blacksmithing.

To clarify, there are 4 metalsmithing labors/skills - Weaponsmithing (Weaponsmith), Armoring (Armorsmith), Blacksmithing (Metalsmith), and Metalcrafting (Metal Crafter).

Metalsmiths use the blacksmithing labor to make metal furniture (except for chains), and Metal Crafters use the metalcrafting labor to make metal crafts (amulets/crowns/scepters/earrings/etc.), toys, instruments, chains, and decorations on existing items (Stud with [Metal]).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:42:53 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

DeathOfRats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cmon metalsmith!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 02:49:38 pm »

There's also Furnace Operator which, while not exactly having to do with crafting, is the one who operates the smelter to turn ores into bars (and to activate those reactions you modded in).