Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf starts mysterious construction: waits awhile, goes insane for no reason.  (Read 1516 times)

Wazdakka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

A stonecrafter of mine went into a possesed mood, grabbed all the items she needed, and promptly started construction. Construction seemed to be taking a long time, and then the dwarf went insane.

Basically the "000209 ▨ (doesn't reproduce) [dwarf mode][moods]   mood dwarf went crazy after working on their artifact for a long time" bug from the official bug list forums, although that one is listed as 'non reproducible'.

I reloaded the game, and the dwarf went insane again.

I dont know if its relevant, but the one significant activity i observed happening anywhere near the moody dwarf was some animal slaughtering and butchery.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was anything in the workshop forbidden?

If so, a dwarf will continue to work on the item even though none of the items are being used for a [TSK]. They will never be able to complete the item and then will go insane.

Wazdakka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I don't think so... I'm not actually sure how to set items as forbidden in a workshop, or check for that matter, especially with the moody dwarf claiming it.

Geargrinder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Push t and point at the shop.

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, you've reproduced an unreproducible bug! Post the save on DFMA and send a message to Toady.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can forbid the items while the dwarf is working on them. Once he begins construction he will not leave the workshop to get more items. So if you forbid the materials he will never be able to produce anything, and then eventually go insane.

This is great for aborting bad artifacts, like a soap maker at a craftsdwarf workshop.