Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Toon Mafia II - Day 4 - One Of Us Is Not Us - GAME OVER  (Read 32691 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia II - Day 3 - Two Wrights With A Left
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2009, 09:48:36 am »

Now, assuming both aren't townies because that's stastically unlikely, one of them is scum and lying about their role while shifting blame onto others.

It's really that logic that I object to most. By that, I can say "I think that Frelock is town. Thus, if I choose any other person, they are likely to be scum!". It's true, right now each of us has a 28% (2/7) chance of being scum. But using that to try to justify enough lynches to lose the town the game seems extremely scummy to me.

You also didn't mention Cheeetar or your suspicions of him at all when you FoSed me, and it was a suggestion of hanging both me and Frelock, not one of me, Frelock, and Cheeetar.

I'm not really finding your defense convincing, even in a possible "scared townie" vein. Especially, as Cheeetar said, in reaction to a single lynch vote.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2009, 11:56:30 am »

~Voting Ends In 6 Hours~

That should be enough time, right?

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2009, 05:10:10 pm »

It's really that logic that I object to most. By that, I can say "I think that Frelock is town. Thus, if I choose any other person, they are likely to be scum!". It's true, right now each of us has a 28% (2/7) chance of being scum. But using that to try to justify enough lynches to lose the town the game seems extremely scummy to me.

Well, since we know the odds, we just have to pick out the suspicious people in our midst, which I did. I voiced my suspicions, defended them, and already explained this point in an earlier post. Stastically, if we hang two people, one of them is likely to be scum. Quack quack quack! We hang the suspicious people, and odds are one of them is going to be Mafia. Simple point, I don't see why you object to it. Frelock and you seemed eager to dump blame on other people, and I find that suspicious.

I'm not really finding your defense convincing, even in a possible "scared townie" vein. Especially, as Cheeetar said, in reaction to a single lynch vote.

I'm fairly certain you're going to dissect my points, make me seem suspicious, and then get me hung. It's how Scum do things in the day. Quack quack quack.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2009, 05:26:16 pm »

I'll extend it a day.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2009, 06:15:46 pm »

Not to divert attention,but has overlordFT deserted us?

Also,Cheeetar,would you list your suspicions?

I'm suspicious of Little,naturally,as he's made alot of fuss and a half assed arguement.

I'm not suspicious of Cheeetar yet,he needs to talk a little more before I can evaluate him.

The Rysith-Frelock thing is uncertain with me,they both make somewhat valid arguements,I find Frelock's only slightly flawed,and Rysith's defense is pretty good. And really I suspect neither,both seem like genuine scumhunting to me.

I'm not casting aside the chances of there being two newbie mafia members,and overlord hasn't been speaking much,not to mention the wildly frantic voting behavior we witnessed from him earlier in the game. But as it stands I'm not entirely sure he's the odd man out.

And again,archangel hasn't been in this too prolifically,so please tell us of your suspicions.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2009, 07:29:13 pm »

I think that Little is scum, because of his 'You guys all suck for lynching me I'm a townie' argument, and OverlordFT for his 'I don't think anyone is scum and I'm never going to vote' argument. It's the same argument I used when I was scum a few times.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2009, 12:20:58 am »

In terms of reactions, I too believe that Little seems more scummy to me.  Sorry, Rysith, but I had nothing else to go on.

And Little, I'm not trying to "dump blame" on anyone, just trying to get some clue as to who is scum.  The only hint I had was the fact that I was attacked after I told Rysith that, were I to be killed, he should blame you.  Call it a hunch at the time.

I'm also still confused as to how I survived that night, but thankful that I did.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 20, 2009, 12:22:35 am »

Wow, I can't believe I keep on forgetting this.  Darn you, no-editing rule!  Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2009, 01:49:43 am »

Alright,that's enough for me to vote little,sorry man but that's the skinny.(don't ask me why I used that figure of speech)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2009, 03:31:50 am »

I'm an evil Mafia penguin? Quack quack quack?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2009, 03:39:40 am »

It's toonyman's mafia,doesn't seem too out of the ordinary to me.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2009, 04:55:47 am »

I'm suspicious of OverlordFT specifically because he's a newbie and I think he might be hiding behind that fact. I don't think Little is mafia, but that's just a feeling. I'm not really sure about this, but I will trust Frelock and vote Rysith because I feel that that is right.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2009, 07:09:56 am »

Not to divert attention,but has overlordFT deserted us?

Also,Cheeetar,would you list your suspicions?

I'm suspicious of Little,naturally,as he's made alot of fuss and a half assed arguement.

I'm not suspicious of Cheeetar yet,he needs to talk a little more before I can evaluate him.

The Rysith-Frelock thing is uncertain with me,they both make somewhat valid arguements,I find Frelock's only slightly flawed,and Rysith's defense is pretty good. And really I suspect neither,both seem like genuine scumhunting to me.

I'm not casting aside the chances of there being two newbie mafia members,and overlord hasn't been speaking much,not to mention the wildly frantic voting behavior we witnessed from him earlier in the game. But as it stands I'm not entirely sure he's the odd man out.

And again,archangel hasn't been in this too prolifically,so please tell us of your suspicions.

I'm here and I vote Rysith due to reasons given by other players.

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2009, 07:14:51 am »

I think that Little is scum, because of his 'You guys all suck for lynching me I'm a townie' argument, and OverlordFT for his 'I don't think anyone is scum and I'm never going to vote' argument. It's the same argument I used when I was scum a few times.

I didn't suspect anyone at the time, and generally whenever I vote you get angry about me bandwagoning.

I think your "Let's suspect OverlordFT because he dosen't want to accidently lynch a townie" arguement is very suspicous in itself.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 07:28:21 am by overlordFT »

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2009, 09:27:41 am »

I will trust Frelock and vote Rysith because I feel that that is right.

In terms of reactions, I too believe that Little seems more scummy to me.  Sorry, Rysith, but I had nothing else to go on.

FoS Archangel too, for not paying attention at the very least.

And Frelock, don't worry. Accusing people on thin evidence, and then discussing it, is what mafia is about.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20