Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: Toon Mafia II - Day 4 - One Of Us Is Not Us - GAME OVER  (Read 32713 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia II - Day 2 - Sasquatch Crush You
« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2009, 07:30:30 pm »

Yeah, just post once a day. Read over the 10 or so new posts that have appeared, and see if you can see anything suspicious. It's perfectly fine if you're a newb, you just need to be slightly more active.

Quack quack quack.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2009, 09:12:12 pm »

I never got to post my analysis and a "Bah" post (I assume) isn't allowed to contain it. ._.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2009, 09:12:58 pm »

I'm going to vote Diakron. You've been lurking something fierce after we called you out on your vote hopping early day 1.

Continue to hold a FoS on Mr.Person for jumping on the new players. Possibly also that I'm 23 and can understand the annoyance of having a job and playing mafia (and another mafia, and a community story =).

That said, I'll agree with the other people that it's not that big a deal to post once a day. I don't think that first-time lurking is a lynchable offense, though, and I especially don't think that it should be an excuse to bandwagon rather than voice other possible suspicions.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2009, 09:23:25 pm »

I'm going to vote Diakron. You've been lurking something fierce after we called you out on your vote hopping early day 1.

Continue to hold a FoS on Mr.Person for jumping on the new players. Possibly also that I'm 23 and can understand the annoyance of having a job and playing mafia (and another mafia, and a community story =).

That said, I'll agree with the other people that it's not that big a deal to post once a day. I don't think that first-time lurking is a lynchable offense, though, and I especially don't think that it should be an excuse to bandwagon rather than voice other possible suspicions.

Strangely, you post that without voicing YOUR suspiscions. Why is that? I'll voice my suspicions later, I'm in a bit of a hurry right now.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2009, 09:29:22 pm »

Bah!
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2009, 09:31:57 pm »

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2009, 09:38:58 pm »

maybe in a few months i can get some free time to play another game.
Back to Mafia with me!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2009, 01:03:42 am »

Strangely, you post that without voicing YOUR suspiscions. Why is that? I'll voice my suspicions later, I'm in a bit of a hurry right now.

Suspicion of you doesn't count?

I've (as I mentioned) not had much time to go over posts for suspicion, though I should be able to throw some FoSes together tomorrow morning. As a preliminary:

Mr.Person, Cheeetar, OverlordFT, SHAD0Wdump, and Diakron, who were votes three through seven for Inaluct yesterday. Obviously, not all of them can be mafia, but none of them gave reasons beyond "I agree", which seems flimsy. Yes, it was a lurker lynch, no there wasn't really anything for them to agree or point out, but it still seems like a good place for investigative roles to start with their looking, since hiding in the majority is a classic mafia tactic.

Extra scrutiny towards Cheeetar, who implicitly claimed a PWV-equivalent. Possibly true, possibly a mafia ploy to avoid being investigated when it came up.

Yes, that's a lot of finger-pointing. I wouldn't try to lynch on that, just direct investigations. Tomorrow, I'll likely make a time-graph of votes and see if I can draw anything out from that.

We also may have a vigilante helping us. If so, we showed last night that vigilantes aren't as useful when they don't have people there to "target" them. I'd suggest anyone with either of those roles start feeling around (investigative roles, probably toward people you confirmed last night) and see if you can find each other. A cop and a vigilante together is much better than the two of them apart.
Try my orc mod!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2009, 02:16:21 am »

I'd rather that I kill no mafia yet no investigater than have an investigater die to me.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia II - Day 1 - Put The Bunny Back IN THE BOX
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2009, 02:20:17 am »

Today I'm going to vote overlordFT for the reasons I gave earlier.
What were your reasons again?

At the moment I'm most suspicious of overlordFT. He is new to the game, but even after being told to give reasons for his votes, he's still saying nothing about them and jumping on easy bandwagons.

He also hasn't done any scumhunting.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2009, 09:50:40 am »

Wall of everyone's votes, claims, FoSs, and reasons Day 1, with some explanatory links inserted:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, a few things jumped out at me during that read:
First, the Little and Cheeetar interactions and posts. Little claimed penguin very early, unprompted, and then said that he might be lying about it when questioned:
Because then the awkward questions about quacking would start quack quack quack.

Of course, I could be lying about my role and just doing this for fun, but that's the whole quacking mystique of Mafia.  ;)

Little later asked for Cheeetar to be investigated, and Cheeetar very quickly claimed PWV. Cheeetar (today) said he didn't want to kill investigators, but it's another WIFOM that Little is involved with, and around someone already On My List. So, add Little to my list of FoS.

Archangel's vote stayed on overlordFT despite never voting, and pointing it out. That makes me wonder if his vote either was tied to Pandarsenic's or is tied to the first vote of Cheeetar or Frelock. Archangel, if you can shed any light on that it would be great. If his vote is/was tied to someone else's, that (to me) would indicate townhood, since vote-tying mafia->town or mafia -> mafia seems much less likely than town -> town or town -> mafia.

Eduren never unvoted Cheeetar, despite the flimsy reason for the vote in the first place. We know he's town, now, though. That opens the possibility of using the "Cheeetar killed eduren for voting him!" reasoning. I don't really think that Cheeetar would use that reasoning, but I can't think of another reason to kill Eduren, based on his d1 actions. That might point to Cheeetar as a vigilante, some sort of combination AWV/PWV. Or a mafia member claiming PWV to avoid investigators. I'm hesitant to ask an investigator to sacrifice themselves to check the claim, though.

Xegeth, despite his vote for Cheeetar for placing the second vote twice, ended up doing the same (with Cheeetar himself, and with Inaluct, which was the real start of the bandwagon). Given my suspicions of Cheeetar, and the unvote to vote Inaluct, that seems like it might be two mafia trying to distance themselves.

OverlordFT attracted a lot of suspicion day 1, but managed to defuse it, and did some bandwagoning of his own. I think he's town, if only because I can't imagine his fellow mafia letting him keep acting like that. I've still very much got an eye on him.

Diakron, as others have pointed out, came in very active, hopped around between Xegeth and me, unvoted around halfway through, and finally voted Inaluct at the last minute. That looks really suspicious, to me, especially the final bandwagon on Inaluct. There wasn't a reason for it, there hadn't been any other activity from him, and it looks like it was just to have voted with the lynch. That looks like a new mafia player playing as mafia (as opposed to Overlord). The defensiveness today adds to that.

So, if I had to pick out the mafia right now, I'd say Diakron, Xegeth, and Cheeetar, voting Diakron since I'm most confident about him and want to watch Xegeth and Cheeetar today, especially with the suspicion on Diakron. If I'm wrong about Diakron, I'd substitute the Little/Cheeetar/Xegeth combination that would be implied by the accusations and distancing around Cheeetar, who would seem like the leader of such a group.

And, as a final, Mr.Person: You said you'd post your suspicions. Where are they?
Try my orc mod!

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2009, 10:33:09 am »

Xegeth, despite his vote for Cheeetar for placing the second vote twice, ended up doing the same (with Cheeetar himself, and with Inaluct, which was the real start of the bandwagon). Given my suspicions of Cheeetar, and the unvote to vote Inaluct, that seems like it might be two mafia trying to distance themselves.

I voted for Cheeetar because he was placing a second vote against lurkers to get them to talk, not just because it was the second vote on them. I was satisfied with the explanation he gave though. When I voted for inaluct, it was because I believed he was not helping the town at all so I thought he needed to be lynched.

Do you have any idea why Diakron would vote for himself if he was mafia? It looks like it would cause a lot of problems for them if a member just quit the game.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2009, 11:00:12 am »

Sorry,I havn't been paying enough attention to this just lately. Personal matters.

And there isn't much left for me to say,almost every angle has been covered.

On Diakron's self vote,often when newbs get into situations where there seems to be no hope they just give up. I've seen it before.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2009, 11:51:42 am »

I'll end the day soon, not even worth a vote count.

@Rysith:
I think I screwed up on the voting for Archangel.  I don't remember him ever telling me it was wrong.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2009, 12:10:19 pm »

Diakron glances around nervously, there didn't even have to be a vote count.  Diakron must be killed.  Mr.Person gets up from his chair and moves towards Diakron first, almost at a jog like pace, holding a noose.  Suddenly, Diakron begins to scream and charges at Mr.Person, revealing a BOMB under his jacket.  Mr.Person tries to turn away, but it's too late.  The two of them explode in red.

Diakron was a Ticking (Vote) Bomb and Pro-Mafia!
Mr.Person was a TF2 Medic and Pro-Town.

Night 2 begins now.  Send in your actions.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20