Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Toon Mafia II - Day 4 - One Of Us Is Not Us - GAME OVER  (Read 32729 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia II - Day 1 - Put The Bunny Back IN THE BOX
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2009, 09:52:37 am »

~6 PM EST Monday~

Well, that ending time means that this is the last I'll be able to contribute today. Real jobs are overrated.

Mr.Person/Xegeth seem right, not many people have done much that is suspicious. I have a pinky FoS at Mr.Person for being so eager to jump on the new people, and now on the developing Inaluct bandwagon, but that's a first-day pinky FoS, not something that I would vote him for. Other than that, I've got nothing.

I'm also concerned that Inaluct isn't a useful lynch. Probability says he'll flip town, and even if he flipped scum we wouldn't gain much information based on who voted for him: We've all agreed that we've voted for him because he's not talking, not because of anything particularly scummish.

The problem is, I don't have a better lynch suggestion, and we'll get more out of a lynch than a no-lynch. Conditional unvote if Inaluct posts, since I won't be here to unvote if he does, and would rather unvote than lynch him for the wrong reasons.

In the mean time, can everyone share their suspicions? We might as well try to generate some discussion before the first hard evidence comes in, so that we have something to point to for day two.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2009, 10:45:36 am »

I wish I could share my suspicions,but I just don't have any,it's too early.

Besides,I don't tend to pick up on stuff as easily as some of you.

But yeah,I'm with Rysith on this one,Inaluct is just not active,I too havn't a better idea on who to vote,and if we do hit a scum all the better for us.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2009, 10:46:49 am »

And make that a conditional unvote if Inaluct posts.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2009, 12:10:14 pm »

Vote Count So Far:

overlordFT - Pandarsenic, Archangel (2)
Cheeetar - eduren (1)
inaluct - Rysith/C, Xegeth, Mr.Person, Cheeetar, overlordFT, SHAD0Wdump/C (6)

Aren't Voting - inaluct, Little, Frelock, Diakron (4)

I can make the day longer if you want me too.

EDIT:  Fixed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 12:14:00 pm by ToonyMan »

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2009, 12:12:31 pm »

Sorry, but you have me listed as voting for both Xegeth and inaluct

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2009, 12:26:08 pm »

Just wanting to clear that up, I'm going after the beginners because they're making mistakes. Even if they aren't scum, it should teach them not to make mistakes. And of course by them, I mean overlordFT, but that's not the point.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2009, 02:14:20 pm »

In the mean time, can everyone share their suspicions? We might as well try to generate some discussion before the first hard evidence comes in, so that we have something to point to for day two.

At the moment I'm most suspicious of overlordFT. He is new to the game, but even after being told to give reasons for his votes, he's still saying nothing about them and jumping on easy bandwagons.

I'm also a bit suspicious of the fact that Little gave away that he has no other abilities so early in the game because it just gives the mafia more chance of hitting a useful role, or he's lying which pro-town should never do. This is a very minor point but at the moment it doesn't seem like we have much to go on.

One final possibility I can think of is that the mafia are made up of experienced townies who know how to hide at this point in the game. This would explain a lack of any scum tells.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2009, 02:23:35 pm »

I'm also a bit suspicious of the fact that Little gave away that he has no other abilities so early in the game because it just gives the mafia more chance of hitting a useful role, or he's lying which pro-town should never do. This is a very minor point but at the moment it doesn't seem like we have much to go on.
This is a interesting point. Although,a power role attached to a speech impediment seems somewhat odd to me. Then again,who knows what was the extent of Toonyman's genius when he thought that role up.The concept of a quacking quack doctor or a quacking mafia member just tickles my imagination.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2009, 02:30:27 pm »

At the moment I'm most suspicious of overlordFT. He is new to the game, but even after being told to give reasons for his votes, he's still saying nothing about them and jumping on easy bandwagons.

One final possibility I can think of is that the mafia are made up of experienced townies who know how to hide at this point in the game. This would explain a lack of any scum tells.

1: Thus why I haven't changed from my vote on overlord.
2: Lying isn't always bad for town-aligned roles.
3: There is not a lack of scum tells here. At all.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2009, 02:38:12 pm »

Would you mind saying some of your suspicions then? Or do you think it would be better to hide them for now?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2009, 02:40:18 pm »

After careful consideration, I have decided to cast my final (re)vote of the day on OverlordFT.  Too often have I seen obvious scumtells, and ignored them on the premise of "oh, he's new; he doesn't know any better," only to have the newbie reveal that he was, in fact, scum all along.  The objective of being a good mafia player(on the scum side) is to learn how to hide your scummyness, and newbies can often mess up and reveal themselves accidentally.  Therefore, my vote will stand.  The Father of Waters again goes unvexed to the sea.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2009, 03:04:33 pm »

Would you mind saying some of your suspicions then? Or do you think it would be better to hide them for now?

Sure. Later.

I just pulled an all nighter finishing Season 2 of Burn Notice, I'm in no shape for analysis now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2009, 04:31:37 pm »

Quack quack quack!  >:(
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2009, 04:32:29 pm »

30 minutes left.  inaluct hasn't even posted so I'm not sure what's up.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2009, 05:08:56 pm »

im on now soory long day at work. Vote Inaluct
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20