Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Toon Mafia II - Day 4 - One Of Us Is Not Us - GAME OVER  (Read 32717 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia II - Day 3 - Two Wrights With A Left
« Reply #180 on: August 18, 2009, 04:31:11 pm »

It's just a way to find at least one Mafia member, since one of them has to be lying.

*AHEM*

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2009, 04:57:46 pm »

Emphasis on the 'lying' part,I want it explained why they both can't be telling the truth.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2009, 05:27:11 pm »

I don't get this 'one of them has to be wrong, so one of them has to be mafia' thing.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2009, 10:54:09 pm »

How many people are there left? 7. Cut out two people and your most likely going to find a Mafia member. Looking over the thread though, Frelock isn't that suspicious and Rysith might be legitimately scumhunting. I think the most suspicious person is Cheeetar for his roleclaim, but that really isn't much to go on.

What happened to Archangel, btw? QUACK QUACK QUACK.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 10:59:01 pm by Little »
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2009, 10:56:40 pm »

How many people are there left? 7. Cut out two people and your most likely going to find a Mafia member. Looking over the thread though, Frelock isn't that suspicious and Rysith might be legitimately scumhunting. I think the most suspicious person is Cheeetar for his roleclaim, but that really isn't much to go on.

What happened to Archangel, btw?

*AHEM*

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2009, 11:26:35 pm »

Archangel once again...

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2009, 01:27:23 am »

It's just a way to find at least one Mafia member, since one of them has to be lying.

Quack quack quack.

Yeah, I'm not sure where you get the lying part from, either. Frelock did send me a message, and it did say that if he were to be killed he suspected that Little was to blame. I disagree with Frelock that this means that I attacked him to throw suspicion on to you, but that's not a question of lying.

Choosing two people randomly gives us a roughly 61% chance (2/7 + 2/6) of hitting a scum, but mafia should be about seeking out the scum in our midst, not randomly lynching people and hoping we guess right. And with that, I'm going to vote Little, for

a) The reasons I mentioned before
b) Pseudo-bandwagoning onto me, then proposing that we lynch me and then Frelock when I flip town. That would be lynching (I believe) two townies and losing us the game. That goes extra since he was using nonexistent lying as his reasoning for the "one of them must be scum" argument, and wasn't even willing to vote for either of us (or Cheeetar, now).
c) Backing off extremely quickly when challenged, and going after Cheeetar (who had previously been mentioned as potentially suspicious) instead. It's like jumping from one bandwagon to the other, but without actual bandwagons.

Little, can you defend yourself?
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2009, 02:12:23 am »

While I am suspicious of Little, I'm not going to vote for him. I'll wait for his defence.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2009, 02:28:50 am »

Same here,Rysith's accusations are sufficient for me to vote on if Little can't defend himself.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2009, 02:43:46 am »

What happened to Archangel, btw?
I went to a movie last night, so I didn't have time to look at the forums. I'm here now, but I've got nothing much to say. I do think that at least one of the three people currently in the spotlight is mafia, but I'm not sure which one. I will watch with interest.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2009, 04:32:28 am »

I backed off because I realized this was coming. Screw it, I can't defend myself, I quite simply don't know how. Frelock probably isn't Mafia, Rysith probably is, and Cheeetar is up in the air.

You both accuse other people of being Mafia, Frelock throws suspicion onto Rysith. Now, either Rysith is scum and Frelock is onto something here, or Rysith isn't scum and Frelock is just a townie with suspicions, or Frelock is scum and throwing suspicion onto Rysith to get him hanged. Now, assuming both aren't townies because that's stastically unlikely, one of them is scum and lying about their role while shifting blame onto others.

It wasn't bandwagoning, it was a suggestion because we should lynch someone rather than waiting for the Mafia to pick us all off. You seemed the most suspicious, but Frelock was dumping suspicion onto you, and Cheeetar claimed PWV. I voice my suspicions with a suggestion we hang one of the three, and now I'm going to be hung.

Fantastic. Have fun killing a Townie, guys. Quack quack quack.

Edit: I keep forgetting I'm a cold-loving bird. :P
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:12:24 am by Little »
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2009, 04:34:35 am »

Little, that seems an over-reaction to one lynch vote. As both Shadow and my post said, we were waiting for your defense. For now, I'm not going to vote. I'm just not sure who is and isn't scum. I'll probably vote before the day is over, however.
I've played some mafia.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2009, 04:50:42 am »

If that was a overreaction,it was pretty well thought out response. Still you'd better hope that someone else says something suspicious because I'm gonna vote you otherwise.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2009, 05:05:51 am »

I note a distinct lack of quacking in that post...
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2009, 06:39:06 am »

I mean overreaction because he immediately assumes everyone is going to vote to lynch him.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20