Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My creations fail help?  (Read 892 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My creations fail help?
« on: August 07, 2009, 09:59:26 am »

I just started to try modding and I made a few megabeasts ect that all worked but when I attepted to make this new civilization it never even started can someone take a look and tell me where I messed up? please
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and this is the civ.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
thanks for any help.. p.s. i do know it's kinda a rip off of The Elder Scrolls but I don't care I'll change the name if anyone gets pissed.
Nom nom nom

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My creations fail help?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 10:07:58 am »

I'm going to guess [CAN_CIV].

Could you be more specific about "doesn't start"?

Do they not show up in worldgen?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 10:10:00 am »

ya no world gen or legends. The just never existed. No first ten or anything just none. p.s. I thought it might be [can_civ] but then I noticed no other civilization races have it.  i'll still try though.
Nom nom nom

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 10:10:26 am »

the first advice i would give is that look at the errorlog.txt (where DF exe is) it tells if there is a problem with your tag's and wich makes the problem, then just look at generated world (if no problem were in the phase before) Are there any swamps? it migth be that they have no place to spawn, (even more if you tested on pocket worlds) what i do to force spawning civs i set the civs needed in worldgen to the same amount then civs alowed by entities (so i will have everything if it is possible from bioms)
---
i am almost sure that CAN_CIV is in INTELIGENT alredy
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 10:16:16 am »

Yeah, I guess [CAN_CIV] is part of intelligent.

Second try.

[START_BIOME:ANY_SWAMP]

Are swamps biomes?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 10:23:01 am »

the first advice i would give is that look at the errorlog.txt (where DF exe is)

Always this first.

One thing that might be a problem is your leader types. Druid and Master Thief need to be permitted as jobs first... I think. I've never messed with alternate leader types before.

Another problem, as others are pointing out, may be your BIOMEs. I created a similar race of lizard-men and had problems getting them to generate consistently until I loosened their BIOME requirements.

EDIT: Doh, I should've noticed. ANY_SWAMP isn't a proper BIOME. Try ANY_WETLAND
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:26:21 am by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 10:29:20 am »

Thanks so much guys you were right it was the swamp bit there are swamp boimes but they are  Temperate Freshwater marsh
 Temperate Freshwater swamp and the saltwater versions.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 12:12:34 pm »

ya btw when I got these guys working they are really powerfull and the manage to be even more then a match for orcs from the orc mod taking 2-5 orcs down for each argonian. So if anyone  wants the final script I can post it.
Nom nom nom