Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Talk #2: Your Questions!  (Read 58151 times)

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Talk #2: Your Questions!
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2009, 07:28:48 am »

if players choose to be a criminal and/or sneak around a lot. would the adventurer be able to place poison in foods or on projectiles. if so could this mean kobolds and elves would be a force to be reckoned with in fort mode and adventurer
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

jamoecw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2009, 01:26:40 pm »

did snow white and the seven dwarfs have anything to do with the decision for the number of dwarfs at embark?

Ixoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2009, 03:53:32 pm »

How Many Lines of Code is the entire Dwarf Fortress Code Base?

guyinthecrowd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2009, 04:12:26 pm »

I figured I'd be different, Will the environment a dwarf is raised in affect what they like/dislike? For example, if a dwarf is unhappy as a child being raised in a fortress made entirely out of mined Orthoclase, will said dwarf dislike Orthoclase as an adult? Or as a counter-example, If a dwarf is happy whilst being raised in a room of Kaolinite, will said dwarf like Kaolinite when they become an adult?

Question #2: Is it possible that you could maybe put Scamps in the game? Like maybe as a roaming invulnerable kitten with an exotic tag? We could train it to claw at the face of invading elves, steal their paper, and go up in their cave and eat it.
Kill the babys. DO IT FOR SCIENCE

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2009, 05:21:34 pm »

I figured I'd be different, Will the environment a dwarf is raised in affect what they like/dislike? For example, if a dwarf is unhappy as a child being raised in a fortress made entirely out of mined Orthoclase, will said dwarf dislike Orthoclase as an adult? Or as a counter-example, If a dwarf is happy whilst being raised in a room of Kaolinite, will said dwarf like Kaolinite when they become an adult?

Will the alignment of an area affect it's residents? For example, currently, any tigers in an evil biome are usually zombies. Will dwarves in a fire-aligned area be say, extra passionate?  Or turn into Azer?
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2009, 10:48:17 am »

Are the songs mentioned here progressing at all?

...edit: "here" is a link.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:26:15 am by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2009, 02:34:39 am »

did snow white and the seven dwarfs have anything to do with the decision for the number of dwarfs at embark?

I think this was answered in the affirmative in the MSPA interview a while back. :)
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2009, 01:56:59 pm »

With all the changes to the underground, will some lakes and ponds be any deeper, or still just be a single Z level?
Signature goes here.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
Re: Bay 12 Recorded Call #2: Your Questions!
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2009, 02:25:26 pm »

Do you like pie? :P

I am definately asking this.
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 27, 2009, 02:27:41 pm »

With all the changes to the underground, will some lakes and ponds be any deeper, or still just be a single Z level?

If you mean underground lakes, yes.  Dunno about aboveground though.

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2009, 03:02:17 pm »

If you mean underground lakes, yes.  Dunno about aboveground though.

nope, asking about surface lakes.
Signature goes here.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2009, 11:48:52 pm »

What are your thoughts regarding POWs in fortress mode? Would dwarves attempt to re-educate prisoners into their society as goblins currently do with snatched children?
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Ghazz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2009, 01:44:47 am »

What are your thoughts about 3rd party utils that actually affect gameplay? (dwarf manager, quickfort, reveal.exe)

3d-utils were asked about on page 3, but i'm really more interested in knowing the official bay12 stand on these types of apps...

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2009, 03:23:57 am »

With the changes to the civilization raw setup, will it be possible to disable certain nobles if you just don't want to deal with them or want a new civ with a different setup?

Things like aggressive societies only having military posts while peaceful ones would have more bureaucratic posts.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2009, 07:02:56 am »

With the changes to the civilization raw setup, will it be possible to disable certain nobles if you just don't want to deal with them or want a new civ with a different setup?

Things like aggressive societies only having military posts while peaceful ones would have more bureaucratic posts.

building upon this. would you eventually allow the player to set what population the nobles and economy actually arrive. e.g instead of 80 dwarves. how about 40?. or the ruler arrives at 80 dwarves?
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12