Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Talk #2: Your Questions!  (Read 58143 times)

JGT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Recorded Call #2: Your Questions!
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2009, 04:30:59 am »

Hello. This is my first post but I've been involved since the olde days.

1. How will the detailed combat reports work in dwarf mode? Will be game need to be paused to read them?

2. Do you have any plans for more detailed reports in general? For example, reporting one's population and wealth over time, or maybe lifetime medical/psychological reports for dwarfs, or production histories for workshops, etc.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Talk #2: Your Questions!
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2009, 11:45:40 pm »

To settle the question asked by Murphy in his general discussion thread, how do you pronounce 'Urist'?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2009, 12:59:01 am »

To settle the question asked by Murphy in his general discussion thread, how do you pronounce 'Urist'?

Seconded.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2009, 01:54:08 am »

How much more stockpile customization can we expect to see? I see in the dev notes that seperating out dyed and undyed cloth is a goal, but will you be able to to say make an all inclusive stock pile, but not accept masterwork iron corkscrews?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2009, 06:58:13 am »

Will the terrain-alignment system allow for nonsensical or opposite combinations of affinity, such as Rainbow-Zombie or Evil-Sunshine or Sadness-Love?
Not at all nonsensical, as the other guy said.

Evil-Sunshine is particularly sensible, actually-look at it from a desert-dweller's point of view, and suddenly the sun god could easily be that of unfeeling destruction (Perhaps not evil- or perhaps yes, that cloud could get shoved out of the way so that yon innocent traveler dehydrate that extra bit.) evil isn't on the sphere list, but death is. Life isn't, hmm.

Would you share some of the less-obvious or more-interesting sphere-related effects, if you have any thought out? What would Festival-aligned land be like?

I can see people wanting to gen/build on MINERALS-METALS-FORTRESSES-WAR-VOLCANOS[sic] aligned land already. (edit: actually, I think this community's more likely to do that, once, then find that nice site that's actually in DEATH-CHAOS-BLIGHT territory for Fun.)

Do you have an everydwarf name that stuck in your head, as the community seems to think of Urist? (I think Kivish.)

In other news, thanks, Footkerchief! Your patience and helpfulness appear as in legend.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2009, 10:22:44 am »

You mentioned in the teaser that there might be different skillsets for treating animals and dwarves, but what about other intelligent races? What about a human, an elf, a goblin, a kobold, a centaur, a slugman, etc. The entire sliding scale seems sorta covered so were will the border betwen something using the doctor and verinarian skills actualy go?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2009, 01:00:11 pm »

Seconded.

Haha! This age-old question truly deserves an official answer. :D
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2009, 01:18:01 pm »

2. Do you have any plans for more detailed reports in general? For example, reporting one's population and wealth over time, or maybe lifetime medical/psychological reports for dwarfs, or production histories for workshops, etc.

Seconded, also:
Are there plans for more reports in general? Such as "4 of your 23 Dwarves 'prefer to consume Dwarven Ale'". It could help players who like to specialize production to their dwarves preferences.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2009, 03:30:38 pm »

Seconded, also:
Are there plans for more reports in general? Such as "4 of your 23 Dwarves 'prefer to consume Dwarven Ale'". It could help players who like to specialize production to their dwarves preferences.

Or just to see break down of thoughts.

5 Urist are Ecstatic recently.

10 Urist went without a decent bedroom recently

So forth. Something that we can see the mental health of the fortress at a glance.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

NiknudStunod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2009, 04:47:25 pm »

I am still fairly new to this game but I had a question.

Will our fortresses ever be able to send out seven dwarfs to start a new colony?

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2009, 06:50:34 pm »

this may be offtopic :(

if multiplayer ever emerges would it be done on seperate embarks on the same world usin vanilla and would players attack by sending parties of military dwarves to the other fort and control the seiging forces. while the defender does the usual?
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2009, 08:05:12 pm »

if multiplayer ever emerges would it be done on seperate embarks on the same world usin vanilla and would players attack by sending parties of military dwarves to the other fort and control the seiging forces. while the defender does the usual?

Unless I am mistaken multiplayer isn't even on the offical table at this point.  Footkerchief you have any references on this?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2009, 08:27:34 pm »

Unless I am mistaken multiplayer isn't even on the offical table at this point.  Footkerchief you have any references on this?

No references, but I know he's said repeatedly (in podcasts I think?) that he and ThreeToe aren't at all interested in multiplayer.  It's probably the least likely of all the commonly requested features.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2009, 04:03:08 am »

Will animals eat, and more importantly, will they eat adventurers? Like wolves devouring your corpse, or a giant cave spider paralyzing her victims, wrapping them in web, and letting them hang in her lair for a week before eating them.

Will we ever see wild animals actively hunting each other in Fort Mode?

Last time, you mentioned dwarves jumping, or rather, not jumping. Would especially reckless dwarves (or children) regularily jump, climb, and get into all kinds of crazy parkour hijinks, even if they don't have to?

Will the thermal insulation properties of equipment matter when fighting things that breathe (or are made of) fire?

Will adventurers be able to walk on magma, if their shoes insulate heat well enough?

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2009, 07:04:14 am »

Will we be able to cut enemies open, grab their intestines, and then tie them to things by their intestines? Will we be able to see this in fortress mode?
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12