Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So long. . .

And thanks
for all the fish

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36

Author Topic: Deadliest Dwarf: The Nerf Tourament - Down For the Count  (Read 65811 times)

pbheadtemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf: The Nerf Tournament - Round 6
« Reply #495 on: October 04, 2009, 05:59:19 pm »

I won! I won!

yay!

I find it funny how 19 of the twenty times he killed me... i guess decapatation... ROFL. lead head... cute.

lets see here .... 400 bucks to spend... decisions decisions...

edit:
considering how many draws there were... I think I am going to use my 400 to upgrade my swordsmanship... which i hope will allow me to kill more before my opponent is saved by the bell. (teehee)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:17:25 pm by pbheadtemp »
Its preety dam fail when you manage to type in your email address wrong twice in the same way in a row, and create an account you cant access.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 04, 2009, 06:17:25 pm »

I actually meant to write "Lead Head Bled Out" but I guess it slipped my mind.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 04, 2009, 09:17:59 pm »

Lead Head Bled Dead?
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 04, 2009, 09:20:13 pm »

Crash, based on the voting, it would seem that double elimination is in Favor of the People.

My suggestion is that we get the same amount (or slightly more) money than the winners, so that we can keep up and have a chance at the Championship.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 04, 2009, 09:52:15 pm »

My suggestion is that we get the same amount (or slightly more) money than the winners, so that we can keep up and have a chance at the Championship.

I think you'll end up earning slightly less money overall for the following reason:  In a double elimination tournament, the loser's bracket competitor has to beat the winners bracket competitor twice to win overall.  Since I already do 1000 fights for the final, an extra fight isn't gonna make much difference.  Since the winners have to be given some handicap over the losers, a monetary handicap is all I can offer.  It's probably not going to be a big difference, but it'll be something.

Lead Head Bled Dead?

I really wish I thought of that one.  You sir, have won one internets.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:14:11 pm by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf: The Nerf Tournament - Round 7
« Reply #500 on: October 04, 2009, 09:58:37 pm »

Round 7 of the Nerf Tournament

Zule, weaponmaster and veteran from the Beta Tournament.  Modestly armored and decently skilled:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ragebrew, a former brewer brought to Dwarf Memorial Stadium for crimes against his previous fortress.  Something about !!cat meat biscuits!!.  Lightly armed and heavily skilled.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Who is deadliest?

Fight Video

Spoiler: KILLS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Aftermath (click to show/hide)

Edit- Hey!  Quincentennial post!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:26:51 pm by crash2455 »

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 04, 2009, 10:31:33 pm »

I really wish I thought of that one.  You sir, have won one internets.
Thank you!  I shall update my sig appropriately.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 04, 2009, 10:44:51 pm »

I think you'll end up earning slightly less money overall for the following reason:  In a double elimination tournament, the loser's bracket competitor has to beat the winners bracket competitor twice to win overall.  Since I already do 1000 fights for the final, an extra fight isn't gonna make much difference.  Since the winners have to be given some handicap over the losers, a monetary handicap is all I can offer.  It's probably not going to be a big difference, but it'll be something.

So do I have money to spend?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 04, 2009, 11:11:44 pm »

After the first round of the loser's bracket.  It'll be a sum of what you didn't get last round and your winnings from that fight.

pbheadtemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 05, 2009, 11:59:28 am »

are you going to finish the normal bracket before you start the loser bracket? or will you do them at the same time?

Ima wishing i could change my vote back to single elimination... the amount of time and effort your using on this awsome thread is awsome... adding a losers bracket means that there will be twice as much work... and the arguments for single elimination you allready mentioned earlier in the thread were preety sound.

also... we have the issue of who gets the right to be second place? the guy who lost the last round of the normal bracket (like the first turney) or... the winner of the loser bracket? or... will the guy who lost the last round of the normal bracket have to fight against the winner of the loser bracket... and then the loser of the normal round gets to fight the winner of the normal round... again... now with a dwarf buckz disadvantage...

if it were not this 100 fight average thing, a loser bracket might make sence... but now, after thinking about it a bit further.... a losers bracket does not make sence.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:06:58 pm by pbheadtemp »
Its preety dam fail when you manage to type in your email address wrong twice in the same way in a row, and create an account you cant access.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 05, 2009, 12:03:10 pm »

Yes, single elimination is better. Dwarves that die will just die again.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #506 on: October 05, 2009, 01:24:44 pm »

Lol.  Posting to keep track of this.  It's pretty awesome...

Once in a while (At least in the finals) you could post the pics of the battle...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 05, 2009, 11:03:55 pm »

Yes, single elimination is better. Dwarves that die will just die again.
Not every dwarf can die twice.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 05, 2009, 11:45:03 pm »

But 14 out of 15 will, and it will take nearly as many matches as the main tournament to determine who is the one that won't.

Meanwhile, dwarves who have not lost at all are sitting around waiting for their own next matches. If you could run multiple fights simultaneously it would be a different story, but I think it would be better to not have a losers bracket so we're able to find out who is truly deadliest quicker.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 06, 2009, 05:27:14 am »

Well, votes are cast anyway, it seems. As a winner, I'd want single elimination. But if I were to lose, I'd want double. So it's fine.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36