Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So long. . .

And thanks
for all the fish

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Deadliest Dwarf: The Nerf Tourament - Down For the Count  (Read 65909 times)

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2009, 08:34:47 pm »

Oh yeah, you still have 100 left over from your last fight, don't you?

Saw the first two pictures, and thought I was going down. Then I CLOVE HIM ASUNDER

That's why I picked this fight.  It wasn't a straight beat-down.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:36:37 pm by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2009, 08:44:50 pm »

I'll go on the waiting list.

NAME: Godking Ryan

EQUIPMENT: Steel Spear, Copper Plate Mail, Bronze Chain Mail, Copper Greaves, and a Copper Shield.

(I believe it's possible to wear two sets of armor in the current version by equipping the chain first.)

Fighting Style: Charge the enemy and end it quickly. If that fails, let them waste their strength on the impenetrable shell. Then stab them.

EDIT: coffer retains 10 turtles.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:13:02 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2009, 08:54:38 pm »

Oh yeah, you still have 100 left over from your last fight, don't you?

Saw the first two pictures, and thought I was going down. Then I CLOVE HIM ASUNDER

That's why I picked this fight.  It wasn't a straight beat-down.
Yes I do

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2009, 09:28:12 pm »

I'll go on the waiting list.

EQUIPMENT: Steel Spear, Copper Plate Mail, Bronze Chain Mail, Copper Greaves, and a Copper Shield.

(I believe it's possible to wear two sets of armor in the current version by equipping the chain first.)

Fighting Style: Charge the enemy and end it quickly. If that fails, let them waste their strength on the impenetrable shell. Then stab them.

I'll add you to the waiting list, but I'd recommend against making a totally unskilled dwarf.  The last one that entered the competition was nearly beaten to death by a wrestler.  If this is what you desire, then it shall be done

(also, yeah, you can wear two kinds of armor, there was someone in this tourney that wore a cap and a hat).
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2009, 10:11:43 pm »

Is Demonic spoon going to make one? I would love to see Demonic Spoon III Vs GodKing Ryan

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 18, 2009, 10:14:56 pm »

You could ask him.  I don't think he'd join, on account of Dungeon Masters not being amazing combatants.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 18, 2009, 10:52:08 pm »

Editing.

EQUIPMENT: Steel Spear, Copper Plate Mail, Copper Chain Mail, Copper Greaves, and a Copper Buckler.

SKILLS: 1 in speardwarf, 1 in Armor User

STYLE: Charge the enemy and end it quickly. If that fails, let them waste their strength on the impenetrable shell. Then stab them.

COFFER: coffer retains 0 turtles.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 18, 2009, 11:04:12 pm »

Is throwing allowed? If so:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If it's not allowed:

I'm assuming I got the system correct.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 18, 2009, 11:11:54 pm »

You did indeed get the system correct.  Adding you to the waiting list.

Also, as much as I'd like to have throwers (the spinning vomit breaks the wolf's face!), I don't think they'd know how to attack without throwing a tantrum.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 18, 2009, 11:27:17 pm »

You did indeed get the system correct.  Adding you to the waiting list.

Also, as much as I'd like to have throwers (the spinning vomit breaks the wolf's face!), I don't think they'd know how to attack without throwing a tantrum.

Thanks. Sun the Cat will work just fine.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2009, 05:39:27 pm »

For my balance on the first page, I have another $25 saved from character creation.

And did you reduce the weapon damage, or are you waiting for next tournament to do that?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:46:57 pm by mjo625 »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2009, 07:56:03 pm »

Aww curses, my dwarf died while I was away. I guess armour is a pretty useless investement after all.

For a next tournament I would suggest balancing this a bit. Either by ajusting the prices of weapons or armour (nobody is going to buy proper quality armour the way it is now. The $200 earnings wouldnt be enough either. Wasting money on armour that can just be cleft apart with that little effort seems a bit futile. Also, too many dwarves without pants.)
That, or you could ajust the raws of armour or weapons.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 20, 2009, 01:44:20 am »

He said that he was reducing the damage of weapons in the raws.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 20, 2009, 03:06:33 am »

I wouldn't say that the armor's being cleft apart without effort.  Org is a level 3 axeman with a steel axe, a material which is twice as strong as your copper.  Also, it took two hits to actually kill you with all that.  That being said, two is not very many hits, and even Bloodbeard pointed out in WoA that armor does not reduce enough damage, and as such, weapon damage will be reduced.  Hopefully I can find the proper balance in a timely fashion.

I've also taken the winning allowances into consideration.  They may be higher for the next tournament (but don't get your hopes up for full adamantine gear).

Also, it may be a day or two before the next fight, as I'm packing up for school in the next few days (classes start Monday).  Hopefully I'll be able to continue this during the semester, but don't expect my standard 1 - 2 illustrations a day.

Edit:

To all of you who voted for the third option: There isn't a clear way to get rid of polls, so until I get it figured out, I'll just post some random questions for the lulz.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:14:04 am by crash2455 »

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 24, 2009, 10:43:45 am »

You thought we were dead, but, well. . . yeah, I guess we kinda were for a moment there.  But it's back!

Round 10 of the Beta Tournament

Dresdor, a lightly armored hammerdwarf whose ferocity is matched by his toughness!

Gorshak, who demonstrated that copper plate cannot hold back his might!

Who is deadliest?

Let's find out

Fight Video

Aftermath
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36