Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So long. . .

And thanks
for all the fish

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: Deadliest Dwarf: The Nerf Tourament - Down For the Count  (Read 65913 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf
« Reply #240 on: August 16, 2009, 10:54:50 pm »

Dwarf is "Steve Enchantmentbreaker, Nerevarine."

Spoiler: Skills & Equipment (click to show/hide)

So that leaves me with $230 (I think).
All done.  To explain the name, I beat Morrowind recently with a character of the name "Steve" with whom I broke the game with enchantments.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:57:03 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 16, 2009, 11:15:16 pm »

If you want my advice, lowering the starting money and attributes won't make things better. In fact I believe it would make things worse. The problem, as I discovered is that weapons in relation to armour of the same quality are far too overpowered. Lower the damage amount weapons do in the raws.

Maybe, I dunno.  The main problem I was noticing is that the winnings weren't really enough to buy anything.  I guess I could increase winnings by a bit.  I was also planning on decreasing weapon damage, but not announcing it.

Okay, made my decision.  Lowering weapon damage is the easiest way to fix everything.  Sorry Legolord, you're going to have to add another $700 to your character.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:43:26 am by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2009, 01:01:09 am »

All done.  To explain the name, I beat Morrowind recently with a character of the name "Steve" with whom I broke the game with enchantments.

Was it with the "Soulbind" exploit?  Using that, I managed to get enough strength to kill Dagoth Ur.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2009, 01:43:19 am »

Sorry Legolord, you're going to have to add another $700 to your character.

He doesn't HAVE to. Personally, I'd like to see him fight just as he is.

Speaking of which, no upgrades for me. I'm saving my money.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2009, 02:12:52 am »

True that.  It would be advisable, as he'd be $700 lower than anybody else.  Also, your abstaining means that DF Newb is the only one we're waiting on.  He did give permission to automate his advancements, so I'll do that as a last resort.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 02:21:51 am by crash2455 »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2009, 11:05:11 am »

Nah, I'm going with the upgrade.  Sword level 2 (200) and Armor level 2 (200).  Then a bronze sword (150) instead of a copper sword (+60)

So I should have 230 left.  Unless I mistyped or my calculator's broken.

(Since you asked, the enchant breaking I did was just making a lot of fortify enchant 10 sec stuff.  Also abused the fact that ranged constant effect [say 0-47 in a skill] allowed for higher potential.  47 constant effect sanctuary is a bit overpowered, especially with the ancestor guardian power.  The range made it more like 40 sanctuary though, normally.  Don't have the patience for the full effect.)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2009, 02:29:34 pm »

Alright, just append it to your current character sheet so I don't miss it later.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2009, 03:58:31 pm »

Done.
Just so I remember

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 17, 2009, 09:06:09 pm »

Could have said that the totals add up...

Ok, new character skills:

Armor (lvl 1) 100pts
Shield (lvl 1) 200pts
Axe (lvl 2) 300pts

leaving 100pts spare which I then use to purchase 2 copper gauntlets, gotta protect those hands!

So the new character should look like this:

Name: Joe Fearless
Profession: Murderous surgeon

Skills:
Armor (lvl 1) 100pts
Shield (lvl 1) 200pts
Axe (lvl 2) 400pts

Equipment:
Copper Plate Mail (200pts)
Bronze Greaves (150pts)
Bronze Shield (75pts)
Bronze Helm (75pts)
Copper gauntlet x 2 (60pts)
Iron Battle Axe (300pts)

Total: 1460 points

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2009, 10:28:35 pm »

I would like to to get level 1 swordsdwarf and level 1 wrestler :) and I am back
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2009, 10:42:18 pm »

You already have 1 level of swordsdwarf.  Getting level 2 would cost $200.

Also, I'm nearly finished with the next fight, but I need to get to bed.  Expect the report sometime tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 11:02:55 pm by crash2455 »

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2009, 04:37:08 pm »

You already have 1 level of swordsdwarf.  Getting level 2 would cost $200.

Also, I'm nearly finished with the next fight, but I need to get to bed.  Expect the report sometime tomorrow.

ok I will take level 2 swordsdwarf.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 18, 2009, 07:42:31 pm »

could I be put on the waiting list?

if so, I will edit this post with character info

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2009, 07:45:01 pm »

Edit-- Samus, Consider yourself added.

Round 9 of the Beta Tournament

Org the Ruthless, a completely unarmored warrior whose axe cut clean through the armor of his last opponent:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cheesebrains, an lightly armored warrior who felled her previous opponent in three easy steps:

Who is deadliest?

This round brings the question of strength versus speed to the table: One warrior totally unencumbered and agile, the other lightly encumbered but very strong.  Thanks to our simulator, masterfully crafted by Bay12Games and now outfitted for 5 matches, we will be able to examine the full fighting force of these two fearsome combatants:

Fight Video

Aftermath:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 07:48:08 pm by crash2455 »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2009, 08:20:22 pm »

Ranks 2 and 3 in Wrestling.

Yey! Another win!  ;D

Edit:Saw the first two pictures, and thought I was going down. Then I CLOVE HIM ASUNDER
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:22:34 pm by Org »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36