Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So long. . .

And thanks
for all the fish

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36

Author Topic: Deadliest Dwarf: The Nerf Tourament - Down For the Count  (Read 65903 times)

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2009, 03:55:06 am »

The lack of a shield was more for style points than anything else. One hit from the spear, and my dorf would probably have been twisted to death.

I use 100☼ to add one level of wrestling skill, leaving me with 150☼.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2009, 08:18:12 am »

Spears are totally hit or miss, esp. vs a naked dwarf. One good hit and he'd been done. But a naked dwarf is super-fast. Fast dwarf with a good sword = flying limbs.

Nice fight.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2009, 08:34:05 am »

Hey, I was hoping I could switch around my gear before my match?

Bear with me, it's complicated.

First, I take away the Bronze Mace and Iron Shield for an Iron Mace.

Then, I take away the Copper Plate Mail for Copper Chain Mail, Copper Chain Leggings, and a Copper Buckler and Copper Helm.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2009, 09:37:30 am »

Changes have been made.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Shizu was doomed from the start, as two hits into the fight, her leg was broken.  I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:39:28 am by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2009, 09:59:30 am »

Sorry, I forgot to post my new character stats:

Name: Conan

Skills:
Weapon: 4-1000
Total:1000
Equipment:
Iron Spear: 300
Iron Buckler: 100
Total: 400

Extra: 100

Fighting Style: Win?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:38:25 pm by Beanchubbs »
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2009, 03:39:13 pm »

Crash, can you help me? I want to know how to get DwarfCompanion(which is what you are using, yes?).

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2009, 04:12:51 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Utilities#Dwarf_Companion

It's also the first result if you google dwarfcompanion.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2009, 05:28:50 pm »

So are we gonna get to see another fight today?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2009, 06:34:08 pm »

Crash, can you help me? I want to know how to get DwarfCompanion(which is what you are using, yes?).

If you're trying to simulate these fights yourself too, I think I posted how BloodBeard and crash do it earlier in this thread, I'll see if I can find the post.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf (currently accepting players!)
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2009, 06:37:22 pm »

How are the battles fought exactly? I'm new to this sort of thing.

BloodBeard and Crash2455 use the dwarf companion to do these. They modify the skills & equipment of the dwarfs that will be used in the fights. They draft them then place them in the arena. Using dwarf companion, they turn one into an enemy, then one-step until the the one that isn't classified as an enemy paths to the other one. Then they do the same for the other dwarf.
Profit! :)

There.

Edit: except I was wrong about them modifying skills. I had just assumed that's what they did.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2009, 07:33:11 pm »

I have the next fight played out.  I just need to get it illustrated.  It'll be a few hours till it's posted, as I'm busy today.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2009, 12:27:38 am »

Make the following changes to dresdor:

Increase armor skill by 1 level (200 points).

And let no mere crippling chest injuries stop me!

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2009, 03:22:59 am »

Round 6 of the Beta Tournament

Ditch Digger, a fighter with no training but a lot of gear:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nearly Naked Mad Dwarf, a. . . um. . . basically naked mad wrestler:

Who is deadliest?

Another paper versus rock match, but in this case, "paper" decided to train only in martial arts.  Will this be another grueling victory, or will paper be quick to fold?
Warning: Borderline NSFW, (though I suppose if you've been reading 4 pages of gratuitous violence then nobody really cares, right?)

Fight Video

Comments:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:41:40 pm by crash2455 »

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2009, 06:53:04 am »

Wow. I was not expecting that to happen at first. Once I saw she was over-exerted I knew  it was game over.

NNMD would have been a lot better off had she taken a hammer instead of a helmet, for all the good it did her.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2009, 08:27:34 am »

This game needs more neck protection.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36