Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So long. . .

And thanks
for all the fish

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36

Author Topic: Deadliest Dwarf: The Nerf Tourament - Down For the Count  (Read 65863 times)

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf: The Nerf Tournament- Round 14
« Reply #360 on: September 13, 2009, 12:04:57 am »

Alright.  I've confirmed you into the Nerf Tournament and updated your equipment in the fighter list.  I'll also extend the redraft deadline for the Nerf Tourney to whenever the Beta Tournament ends (hopefully in the next week or so, but schoolwork has delayed my work on the illustrations for round 14).
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 13, 2009, 05:48:44 am »

My deductive skills have deduced that if he, who joined later than I, is in the Nerf Tournament, then I must be as well!

Right? Riiight?
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 13, 2009, 06:11:54 am »

Then that goes for me and the other 6 or something. I think we're in the next tournament. or perhaps this is the next tournament. Wow. Trippin.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 13, 2009, 05:41:42 pm »

My deductive skills have deduced that if he, who joined later than I, is in the Nerf Tournament, then I must be as well!

Right? Riiight?

Actually, pbheadtemp signed up sometime during the Beta Tourney.  There are 4 others (5 if Bloodbeard's out) who haven't responded as well.  If they're not in by the end of the week, then I'll throw the remaining queued contestants into their slots.  The current schedule will hopefully start the Nerf Tournament in a couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 11:09:16 pm by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 13, 2009, 11:40:29 pm »

Signup for waiting List:

Rhenaya, the Axe Lady

Weapon:
Iron Battle Axe (300)

Equipment:
Bronze Chain Mail (240)
Bronze Chain Leggings (60)
Outworn XXLeather Left High bootsXX (0)
Outworn XXLeather Right High bootsXX (0)

Equipment Total 600 (900 left)

Skills:
Axedwarf +3 (100+200+300 = 600)
Armor User +2 (100+200 =300)

Skills: 900 (0 left)

Style: As Bookkeeper and Hunter in her Forts, she is very calculating and is not taking risks in reckless attacks, mostly tries to flank her opponents. She will also insult her opponents as low wood elves, treehuggers and the likes if she is going to win, even its another dwarf. On the other hand if she is going to lose, she will call them equal, well trained and so on, but would never admit they are just stronger.
For more details about thoughts and likes: http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/User:Rhenaya
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 14, 2009, 12:13:11 am »

You've been added.  Also, you overpaid for armor user.  You still have another 100.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 10:01:10 am by crash2455 »

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf: The Beta Tournament- Round 14
« Reply #366 on: September 15, 2009, 12:04:13 am »

Okay, I can't think of any good way to do illustrations for Round 14.  Does anybody mind if I just skip it and get to the final?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 15, 2009, 12:09:16 am »

DO IT!
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 15, 2009, 12:32:24 am »

Yeah... cmooon!
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 15, 2009, 01:10:22 am »

I didn't want to do it initally because the vote for the illustrations was unanimous.  If someone else wants to take a crack at it, I welcome their help.  As it's kinda late tonight, I'm gonna let the vote go until tomorrow afternoon (GMT 19:00).

The results of the last poll were:

13 in favor of Gorshak (56.5%)

10 in favor of Ravus (43.5%)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 01:12:01 am by crash2455 »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 15, 2009, 01:28:12 am »

honestly... you use photobucket which is blocked at our school, So I can't see any of them anyway. It's going to be a very biased vote.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 15, 2009, 08:40:02 am »

Is there an image provider that isn't blocked at your school?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 15, 2009, 02:51:04 pm »

Alright, most were in favor of skipping so that's what I'ma do.  Unfortunately, school just kicked me in the ass, so there will be a few more delays.  Hopefully, I'll have this done in a day or two. 

Also, I'm trying out another hosting service (not certain if it will last, as I'm pretty sure what I'm doing goes against their ToS).  I put up the equipment and skill charts from that site, so if they load up then this will be good.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 15, 2009, 07:57:53 pm »

Round 15 - The Beta Tournament Final

Gorshak, the smashing machine whose defense has yet to be fully penetrated:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ravus Maniacus, the Roman swordsman whose sword goes unhindered by any armor:

Who is deadliest?

This battle looks to be the most promising.  Both fighters have defeated the respective counterparts of their opponents:  Gorshak defeating highly-skilled Org in Round 13, and Ravus defeating the moderately armored Hyperchicken in Round 14.  Both fighters received crippling injuries and managed to recover in at least one round of their respective bouts, and both won by a narrow margin in our "Best 3 out of 5" round styles.  In light of these circumstances, we have brought our combat simulator, designed by the brilliant minds at Bay 12 Games, to its peak thanks to a new automation.  The details for this EPIC BATTLE SCENARIO can be read in the Technical Details section. 

For the rest, the battle simulation, as rendered by Vester, can be viewed below:

Spoiler: The Aftermath (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Technical Details (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:38:29 pm by crash2455 »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf: The Beta Tournament- FINAL ROUND
« Reply #374 on: September 15, 2009, 08:15:53 pm »

Well, how 'bout that.  I had voted saying I thought Ravus Maniacus would win (although I really just guessed), and so he did!

Say, anyone want bets on the next tourney? ;D

(no, just kidding.)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36