Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So long. . .

And thanks
for all the fish

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36

Author Topic: Deadliest Dwarf: The Nerf Tourament - Down For the Count  (Read 65870 times)

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf- Last Update: Round 14
« Reply #315 on: September 02, 2009, 04:37:41 am »

I buy an additional level of sword skill for 600 turtles and a second level of wrestling skill for 200 turtles.

On a side note, it is probably a better idea to reduce the weight of armor. Hyperchicken's copper chainmail stood against an iron sword pretty well, but I was getting two attacks in for every attack he made.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 02, 2009, 09:04:11 am »

I'm still using the unmodded version of the game for this tournament.  Mind you, I am testing stronger armor and weaker weapons for the next one.  Yours is a good suggestion, though.  I'll try to fit it in. 

Additionally, you may have been hitting him as part of a Parry/Counterstrike thing.  I recall that being a major problem when I was first testing this game.  The rules on when you can counterstrike are kinda ridiculous right now; I've seen a dwarf come back from getting their leg chopped off because they counterstriked their opponent to death.  Also, I think if your skill's high enough, you can block and counterstrike while unconscious.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:21:07 am by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 02, 2009, 09:15:50 am »

My money is on Ravus. Dont let me down!

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 02, 2009, 05:27:58 pm »

Okay, I think I've finished game balancing for the next tournament.  Modified rules have been posted on the front page, so if you want to make a change to your waiting list character, go for it.  For some characters, changes will be required.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:32:18 pm by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 02, 2009, 08:48:23 pm »

if you require us to wear armour at least let us buy "other" types of armour.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 02, 2009, 09:44:10 pm »

I looked over the armor prices again, and decided to follow a different rubrick.  Armor prices have been modified.  With this addition, all characters must be redrafted before they can enter the second tournament.  Furthermore, this means I have to redo all my testing, as anything can happen.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:47:05 pm by crash2455 »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 02, 2009, 11:53:10 pm »

and other types of armour? at least let me have copper armour that looks like shell
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 02, 2009, 11:56:48 pm »

Ah, I thought you were talking about armor being too expensive again.

If you want it to look like something, you can specify that (like you did with the pirate hat), and I'll try to find something that fits.  Aesthetics are separate from the rules.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 12:16:19 am by crash2455 »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 03, 2009, 12:11:50 am »

I've modified my entry accordingly

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 03, 2009, 12:36:00 am »

Redrafted version:

Name: Hexed MacSlasher
Skill: Level 3 Shield user (600)
Skill: Level 2 Armor user (200)
Skill: Level 1 Sworddorf (100)
Equipment:
Copper Shield (30)
Bronze Chain Leggings (60)
Copper Chainmail (120)
Bronze Short Sword (150)
2 Bronze High Boots (120)
Copper Cap (20)

100 Dorfbucks spare.
Revised as to deal with new costs and such. :)
They started to collide~

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 03, 2009, 02:41:18 am »

Interesting. What's the final verdict on wrestling?

I'll agree that it may not be as good as additional armor or levels in weapon/shield, but as a dwarf levels up and the other skills become more expensive, wrestling could still be a good choice if it also means reaching an attribute breakpoint.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 03, 2009, 07:46:04 am »

What about leather or bone armour and wooden shields?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 03, 2009, 09:47:16 am »

Interesting. What's the final verdict on wrestling?

For right now, I'll treat wrestling as a weapons skill.

What about leather or bone armour and wooden shields?

I don't plan to add non-metal or silver equipment any time soon.  That said, you can specify that your equipment looks like something else for extra lulz.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:59:48 am by crash2455 »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 03, 2009, 03:28:05 pm »

The prices don't look very different, although the only ones I remember from before are the copper and bronze prices (cause those are what I bought).  Are the better armors less expensive, or is it a reduction to all prices?

Either way, I've made a small edit to my dude, exchanging the copper shield for a bronze one, leaving me with $200 instead of $230.  Just follow the link for the edited post.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=40002.msg710615#msg710615
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 03:30:48 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 03, 2009, 09:21:55 pm »

I cut down prices for everything above copper by 20%.  You may notice that some adamantium items are nigh-attainable.  Additionally, shield skills are now half-price.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:26:54 pm by crash2455 »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36