Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So long. . .

And thanks
for all the fish

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36

Author Topic: Deadliest Dwarf: The Nerf Tourament - Down For the Count  (Read 65883 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2009, 09:28:07 am »

This fight was hilarious, the one was all armour while the other was all... well, nothing. Im actualy quite suprised about how long the naked one lasted, I guess the armour guy must have been weighted down a whole lot.

To CJ, armor serves as neck protection as well, that is, if it has UBSTEP:1 in its raw definition. Only some pieces of clothing dont have it, I think.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Iroel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2009, 01:16:56 pm »

Signing up for the reserve, if you don't mind.

Name: The Elf-tarian.

Skills:
Weapon(Sword) 3 (600 points)
Weapon(Wrestling) 3 (600 points)

Equipment
Iron Shortsword (300 points)

Background: Heard a group of humans discussing being "vegetarians". Decided that being elf-tarian was the ideal way of life.

Style: Or lack of, anyway. Charges in with sword in hand, trying to cut enemies into ribbons before they know what happens. Is known to afterwards consume said ribbons with a light seasoning of plump helmets and kittens.
« Last Edit: Tomorrow at 25:61:61 PM by Iroel »

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2009, 01:49:06 pm »

For a number of reasons, I'm probably changing the starting setup after this tourney is over, so anyone who drafted a character is most likely going to have to make some revisions.

Additionally, a number of these fights are coming down to luck more than anything else.  While I'm not entirely opposed to this, I'd like to make fights from the quarter finals onwards a "Best 3 out of 5" setup to get a better sample range.  I've added a poll to take your input.

If you have any other opinions about this idea, feel free to voice them.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 02:03:59 pm by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2009, 02:38:38 pm »

Why am I imagining the 3 out of 5 part coming out as something akin to the black knight in Monty Python?

snuflufagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2009, 02:52:12 pm »

I wasn't expecting NNMD to spend all her time bashing with her shield instead of arm bars and chokes.  But then if she got hacked down so quickly without it...  Perhaps an armored wrestler might fare better?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2009, 02:59:57 pm »

There is a chance, though totally unarmed wrestlers seem to prefer punching to grappling.

Also, when she did grapple, she ended up just taking Ditch Digger's shield and beating him with it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 03:08:11 pm by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Blast

• Bay Watcher
  • Deadliest Dwarf Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2009, 04:23:24 pm »

Hey, my dwarf won!! I told you he was good at smashing.

Well, with the money he got, i would like to buy a skill: Shield lvl 1 - 200

Money left: 15

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2009, 04:27:31 pm »

OBOYOBOYOBOY I'm next! Will the fight be done today?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2009, 04:30:39 pm »

You should make it out of 1000 battles.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2009, 04:31:50 pm »

This isn't the Deadliest Warrior computer, that'd take days. I think he meant 5 rounds, like in Street Fighter. To the death, then Round Two starts.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2009, 04:49:09 pm »

True that.  The Ironblood/Morul fights took me about 3 days to do, and that was only about 80 rounds.  Also, your fight's been played out, but I'm not sure when I'll get it illustrated.  For some reason, no matter how I work on these or how long the fight lasted, illustrating a battle tends to take about 3 - 4 hours.  For the next tournament, I'm going to reserve them for the quarter finals onwards.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2009, 04:00:06 pm »

?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 14, 2009, 09:52:50 pm »

What about what?

Also, I was out of town today, so fight results may be posted later tonight or sometime tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 09:56:34 pm by crash2455 »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2009, 09:56:50 pm »

The thread was mysteriously inactive, that's all.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2009, 10:01:03 pm »

People really only talk on here if there's been a fight posted, or occasionally to request a fighter.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36