Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So long. . .

And thanks
for all the fish

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36

Author Topic: Deadliest Dwarf: The Nerf Tourament - Down For the Count  (Read 65844 times)

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2009, 08:46:07 pm »

Keep in mind that WoA had a different fighter setup.  I'm not saying I know that this will play out any differently (because I sure as hell don't), but we shouldn't call it a done deal yet.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2009, 08:47:44 pm »

True, WoA had less money/no skills. I still believe results will be similar but not as devastating.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2009, 09:11:12 pm »

I hadn't read any of WoA when I made my dwarf. Now that I've seen the first few battles, I'm beginning to regret some of my equipment choices....

Although maybe the one wrestler level will provide enough of a defensive bonus to make up for it.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2009, 10:24:41 pm »

*laughs manically*

There's a reason I never made my own dwarf in WoA.

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2009, 11:20:24 pm »

Figures.

I retract my challenge against The Copper Turtle and challenge Phoenix Firesteels!

Either I'll get lucky and knock out a favorite and be able to make up for my mistakes with my winnings or I'll be early on the waiting list for the next tournament.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2009, 12:46:27 am »

Nobody loves the turtle any more  :'(

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2009, 03:35:27 am »

For the sake of getting to the fighting quickly, the final time to issue a challenge will be GMT 09:30 August 9th (approx 12 hours from now).
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2009, 07:55:52 am »

I won't be active for a week from today sorry real life problems :(

So just like him fight Random battles and upgrade his skills. ( or let someone else contol him)
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2009, 10:46:59 am »

I won't be active for a week from today sorry real life problems :(

So just like him fight Random battles and upgrade his skills. ( or let someone else contol him)

Aww... No fun fighting a robot. Okay, I'll take Grimlocke, since we both have similar fighting styles.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2009, 01:21:07 pm »

There's really no difference in Fighting DF Newb now and fighting him later (unless you want his reaction when he loses).

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2009, 01:33:35 pm »

There's really no difference in Fighting DF Newb now and fighting him later (unless you want his reaction when he loses).
Itsnt their reaction one of the foremost reasons for this kind of thread? ;)

Ill take your challenge, randomnumbers, a spear versus spear fight might be interesting. It could also be fun to see whether wresteling (and more atributes) or better armour is better.

EDIT; whoops, name mixup. fixed now.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:47:51 pm by Grimlocke »
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Axil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2009, 02:54:14 pm »

So, when is the first round going to be done? Later today? Or maybe tomorrow? Also, i assume you meant PM when you made the challenge statement?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 02:56:00 pm by Axil »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2009, 03:05:45 pm »

Itsnt their reaction one of the foremost reasons for this kind of thread? ;)

Ill take your challenge, DF newb, a spear versus spear fight might be interesting. It could also be fun to see whether wresteling (and more atributes) or better armour is better.

Umm... I'm RNG. DF Newb left, he was the guy I challenged before you.

You're right though, it will be interesting. Shouldn't the fights be happening soon?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2009, 03:33:53 pm »

Hopefully I'll get the first fight done before the end of today.  I have the competitors built, I'm just working on some stylistic things and getting the bracket set up.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2009, 04:15:45 pm »

Also, make sure you get some nice engravers so you can engrave these fights into the walls of the Arena.  ;D
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36