Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Creatures without [POWER] tag receiving worship  (Read 791 times)

Johnny Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Creatures without [POWER] tag receiving worship
« on: August 07, 2009, 12:23:42 am »

I was reading legends, and saw that various mega and semi megabeasts were getting worshiped without the power tag. I don't know if this is an actual bug, but the Wiki says that only creatures with the tag can get worshiped by entities with the any_appropriate_power tag, in which case that needs to be changed.

I can provide a screenshot or a save file, and this was on an unmodded fresh install.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Creatures without [POWER] tag receiving worship
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 12:51:48 am »

No, only creatures with the [POWER] tags can become leaders of civilizations whose leaders are determined by [RELIGION:ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER].

Aside from that, the megabeasts and the semimegabeats do have [POWER] tags, which is probably what enables their worship.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Johnny Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 01:13:56 am »

According to the wiki, the power tag: "Allows the creature to be worshiped by entities with the RELIGION:ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER tag." If this is wrong, we should change it. Also, I looked through my creature_standard folder, and I don't see a power tag on anything except the demon. That said, the demons are becoming leaders and being worshiped, and megabeasts are only getting worshiped, so I think you're right.

Edit: What does one do to enable things with the power tag to lead civs? I don't see anything on gobbos' entity entry.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:18:52 am by Johnny Chthonic »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 01:22:23 am »

D'oh, you're right.

I was confusing the [POWER] tag with the [SPHERE:?] tags. Anyways, [POWER] probably does indeed do what the wiki says it does, and the [SPHERE:?] tags probably (I'm speculating) allow creatures to gain worship during world generation, thus accounting for demons being chosen as leaders of civs and megabeasts getting worshiped.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Johnny Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 02:27:36 am »

I can't tell what's going on here. If you only need matching religion tokens on a creature and entity, then the wiki is wrong. If you need the power tag, then why are dragons getting worshiped without it? And on that note, why do demons become civ leaders but nothing else does (I assume this is because of the power token, but the wiki doesn't mention this).

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 03:26:36 am »

Okay, I think my last post may have lead to some confusion.

[RELIGION:ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER] makes the civs ruler a [POWER] creature and forces the religion to worship that.

[POWER], as above, allows a creature to lead a civilization with [RELIGION:ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER]

[SPHERE:?] allows for worship to be gained during the course of world generation.

None of these tags are necessarily mutually exclusive. This explains why only demons become leaders of goblin civs, and why dragons and other megabeasts and semimegabeasts gain worship during world generation.

Johnny Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 10:22:45 am »

Okay, that all makes perfect sense to me, but it means the wiki needs to be changed.

This report can be considered closed.