Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Modding in a creature that doesnt move  (Read 1318 times)

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
Modding in a creature that doesnt move
« on: August 07, 2009, 12:11:49 am »

Ive been atempting to make a plant based on the creature system in order to prepare a comnity fort where the Dwarves are battling against Invasive plant life.

So far... I have failed miserably, once they all just died, the next time they took a little longer to die but could move around... im not that good at making completely new creatures. so Im going back to square one how could I make a creature that will act like a tree or towercap (immobile) not have any organs (and not die from the pain) I think I get the tags for the creature entity right its just the body that has thrown me through a loop. also I would like to add a natural attack that does little damage but will cause paralysis (I think I know how to get that to work too, just wondering if I have to attach it to a bodypart or something)

well those are my questions. anyone got the answers?

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding in a creature that doesnt move
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 12:46:25 am »

You could give them [IMMOBILE_LAND], but that will make them stand still where they spawn.

[NOPAIN][NOBLEED][NOSTUN][NONAUSEA][NOTHOUGHT][NOEXERT] should make them fairly impervious to damage (until it cuts them in half).

For the paralyze, you need to have extract information. Then just add the special attack inject extract token to the attacks.

If you want to post the raws, I could give you a hand with it.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 01:50:26 pm »

Well, I don't know what got into me last night to make this topic, but since it is here, might as well use it.

I decided to read through the token sections of the wiki again and trouble shoot after I had some sleep. I decided to make a new body and then re work the creature itself. Problem is now that it isnt just a gutted dwarf with no arms, it simply doesnt show up anywhere it was supposed to, so I broadened its Biome, and I still couldn't find any.
Spoiler: body (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: creature (click to show/hide)
For easier testing and for the final version I made it an entity, but the entity would never show.
Spoiler: Entity (click to show/hide)
I even went as far as replacing the Dwarf entity with the Bane-cap creature, it would never place the Civ then, even though the only thing that changed was the creature.

LOSNR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 05:09:44 pm »

Try removing the frequency token. Then they should spawn as normal monsters if you remove their entity entry.

Also, unless you have a wood matgloss entry to match their item corpse material, that token is going to make them drop no-material wood, which is extremely heavy. A wood entry won't spawn if you don't give it a biome, but creatures that trade wood will probably start carrying it.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 06:04:51 pm »

I made the matgloss wood and I gave it the same Biome, because its suposed to create an overrun sort of feel to the environment I'm planing, there will actually be 5 or so non moving creatures when I'm finished. I will remove the frequency now and test it.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 06:20:43 pm »

No luck on that frequency deal, just realized the trees wont show up either, going to make a non civ version to test other aspects. (don't worry I know about the problems with duplicates, name will be changed.)

Edit: oops sorry about that double post  :-\

Well that worked in making the tree show up, my forests are infested by invasive giant mushrooms, the critters are yet to show, and the entities are yet to place, but im moving in the right direction now.

Edit Edit: OMG! I know why now! they are not forming on their own they are growing out of the backs of Camels.  How the heck did that happen... i will try and fix that.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:35:56 pm by Bloogonis »

Deadbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 07:02:41 pm »

OMG! I know why now! they are not forming on their own they are growing out of the backs of Camels.

Sigged for Dwarf Fortressiness.
Quote from: chmod
SEX AND HAPPINESS NOW REPORTING CORRECTLY!

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 07:30:54 pm »

I have removed the Shrooms from the camels... but they still wound show up on  their own, Im so glad I was hitting start now or else I wouldn't have had any camels in my embarks. I noticed them flashing with the gray X every so often, and it took me a while to scroll down the wound list after figuring the X was winded.

so why wont the Shrooms make themselves known?

Polymorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 07:44:23 pm »

Man, those are quite the parasitic mushrooms there. I wouldn't want to go near them.

A_Big_Bear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 08:23:47 pm »

Shouldn't the tag [CREATURE:Bane-Cap] and [ENTITY:Bane-Cap] be [CREATURE:BANE_CAP] and [ENTITY:BANE_CAP]? That might be the problem.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 08:50:03 pm »

I just got it to work... I think... I added size to the creature after fixing the body and changed the Entity Biome to Non_Freezing like the creature and it worked, still havent seen any critters in the wild, so I am starting a fort to wait for a seige... already had a miner lose an arm to a Harpy, hes "Very Tough" already so he should make it.

Editwow never mind, Beak dogs swarmed and killed my militia real fast... Ill just embark on top of the town this time.

Edit Edit they move around nooo

Edit^3 They are lead by a demon!

One more edit: They are ridiculously powerful, they slaughter whole swarms of beak dogs with ease, I have 15 dead Harpy's on the map, a couple dead alligators. and not a single dead Bane-cap (not counting the ones that are trees I have killed hundreds of those) any thoughts on how to make them not move?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:00:12 pm by Bloogonis »

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 10:58:34 am »

ok I'm stumped on how to make them not move at the moment, Immobile_Land didnt do anything. any thoughts, or can it not be done...

I still havent encountered the wild variety so Im not sure if the movement is strictly tied to their Civ status.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 11:15:16 am »

they are not forming on their own they are growing out of the backs of Camels.
What the hell does it mean??

Also IMMOBILE_LAND is bugged. They don't move on their own but sometimes suddenly (I think when they try to retreat) they start to move.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 12:03:09 pm »

The ones by my site move around randomly, they pause for a long time, and then the will Jump 8 or nine spaces realy fast. I guess that might be the bug you are talking about.

Is their a way to set their base land speed? I would actualy be fine with them moving if I could make it so they moved at about 1 square a year or month or whatever. since plants arn't actually immobile, even though they dont usualy move across the ground on their own.

The growing out of camels thing was the Body token i made for them was registering as part of the 2Humps token so they sudeny had giant mushrooms growing out of their backs. it was an easy fix once I noticed it was happening. I think it was just an error with the BP:CAP part,

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 12:15:41 pm »

Making them slow also makes them attack slow.
Pages: [1] 2