Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rebel Demands Plans For A Church  (Read 592 times)

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rebel Demands Plans For A Church
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:04:11 pm »

Well I am currently working on an above ground only fort for my dwavres but after receiving huge loses due to goblin ambush and legendary archer elves, I realize that I need a place to bury my dwarves.  I could always build a standard building and randomly place coffins, but there is no fun in that.  I need someone to come up with plans for me to build a church with an extensive underground cemetery to honor the lives of fallen dwavres.  Sadly I have no sand or magma, but I do have access to stone, wood, and water.

My plan is for a church like area to be build up above ground with a statue garden meeting area for my dwavres to pray to Amrok (party) in, and an underground catacombs underneath  the church to place dead dwavres.  Can anyone draw up blueprints for me to build?

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebel Demands Plans For A Church
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 10:24:35 pm »

Hey Rebel I remember seeing an amazing church a little while back in this forum; go back a few pages or so. Anyways, I don't bury my dwarves but I do bury humans who die on my map. I just dig a ramp and a single mine tile which is designated for humans only. Once the whole thing is complete I place a single marble block wall above the ground over the body and another marble floor over the ramp. It looks pretty classy and if you had the coffins it would look even better.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 11:39:43 pm »

if you want a quite authentic church, your going to need scaffolding for building a high ceiling. thats one of the annoying parts about some constructions, at least for me.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 11:56:28 pm »

if you want a quite authentic church, your going to need scaffolding for building a high ceiling. thats one of the annoying parts about some constructions, at least for me.
On the contrary, I love using scaffolding for my larger buildings. It's a lot of work but it feels a lot more authentic.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.