Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Game Over!)  (Read 32451 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Day 4)
« Reply #330 on: August 24, 2009, 10:48:55 am »

Let's not forget that the super voter is the only counter scum could have against the mirror voter, so there's balancing that way too.

Except that a single vote couldn't possibly lynch the mirror voter. Not unless we had no one else voting at all. So it's really not a counter to that.

In any case, Meph is scum for the reasons I listed before.  He started day 1 by accusing and then defending Chaoticjosh.

Hmm...I'm going to have to throw out there that Josh's role could actually be the Vote Stealer...might explain why WA shouted out that he had no votes? If it is, he's almost certainly scum for lying about it.

So either he's confused, lying to us, or you're lying to us again.
*sigh*
I'd be more worried about you lying, except that you always do that, even as town. So it's not a good scum-tell against you.

He then proceeded to persuade you to put enough votes on Panda that he was merely one vote away from being lynched.  Heck, if I had switched my vote then, and given the reason that panda was lurking, josh would have 2 votes to Panda's 3.  Obviously, neither he nor I couldn't know that Panda was the mirror voter, so he operated under the assumption that Panda could be lynched.

Persuaded? I didn't persuade anyone to vote for Panda. I left my vote on him, yes, because he'd posted a few times but was essentially lurking. I found that more suspicious then Josh's gambit, since Josh lies all the time anyway. I figured I'd wait until Day 2 to see who's vote got stolen and who did what voting before declaring Josh scum. Turned out to unnecessary, but that was my plan. In any case, I spent most of Day 1 talking about Josh and Org and the various roles. I didn't do anything at all to get other people to vote for Panda.

His real claim to townieness was voting for Diakron, while I didn't vote at all.  It was merely a clever bus on his part; with Diakron acting so scummy, and Panda and I out, he had no choice but to cast the unneeded final vote for his buddy.  He then proceeded to make sure that the arguably most powerful town role, the Fibonacci voter, was lynched.  He needed them out of the way before Zai got 3 votes and could basically control the lynch.  Yes, I understood his reasoning at the time, but the scum can use seemingly good reasoning against us.

*sigh* I was wrong on that one. I really thought that Org was our last scum, and had a bad feeling that Zai was actually the last scum and that not lynching him would doom us.

Looking at the night kill patterns, though, speaks more strongly against you then me. I was scum I'd have night-killed Zai instead of Panda. After all, I didn't have to worry about his mirror causing me problems, whereas Zai's ability is much more powerful against me. You, however, would have to worry about both equally, since you couldn't do anything to lynch Panda.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #331 on: August 24, 2009, 04:35:04 pm »

So after getting hammered a number of times in IRC Mafia for choosing exactly who I should not have chosen, I'm going to stick with my vote here.

(Which means it's probably wrong (which means it's probably right (which means that I WIFOM myself much better than anyone else WIFOMs me (WIFOM is a verb and a noun!))))

Anyways, not going to change my vote.  Sorry Frelock.  And I vote for ending the day early.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 24, 2009, 04:41:49 pm »

I'm fine with the day ending early. Might as well find out if we've won or lost this round. I'm really hoping Frelock is the scum.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #333 on: August 24, 2009, 04:56:51 pm »

I'm fine with the day ending early. Might as well find out if we've won or lost this round. I'm really hoping Frelock is the scum.
Me too... Me too.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2009, 05:35:00 pm »

If I can't convince you, Janus, then there's no point in prolonging this.

Just remember, I had a chance to save a mafia member, and didn't.  Meph never did.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 25, 2009, 12:19:34 am »

Vote Tally

Frelock - Mephansteras, JanusTwoface (2)
Mephansteras - Frelock (1)

JanusTwoface and Mephansteras corner Frelock. They string him up with a noose Mephansteras conveniently has in his pocket. He goes limp and then suddenly Mephansteras turns toward JanusTwoface with an evil smile on his face.

"You fell for it...," Mephansteras says, going after JanusTwoface. JanusTwoface covers his face and waits...

He looks out to see Mephansteras laughing.
"Nah, I'm just playing with you."

The two of them go through Frelock's clothing, finding out that not only was he a Vote Seer... Not only was he in the Mafia... But he was the Mayor's son!

A brilliant save by the town and for the town.

And that's the game.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Game Over!)
« Reply #336 on: August 25, 2009, 12:35:08 am »

That was interesting.  I was hoping... But it's nice to have been right.  (Especially after IRC ;D)

Just for reference, that's three times today (yesterday now?) I've been in a situation with three players (1 scum left) with me basically confirmed and having to choose.  Ug.

webadict, you think you'll run another?  It does go a touch heavy on the logic at the beginning, but I still like it.  It's a nice counterpoint to Paranormal.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 25, 2009, 12:41:03 am »

That was interesting.  I was hoping... But it's nice to have been right.  (Especially after IRC ;D)

Just for reference, that's three times today (yesterday now?) I've been in a situation with three players (1 scum left) with me basically confirmed and having to choose.  Ug.

webadict, you think you'll run another?  It does go a touch heavy on the logic at the beginning, but I still like it.  It's a nice counterpoint to Paranormal.
Oh I think so. I like these, because they're really cool to watch everyone. I liked the analytical aspect of everyone when they play this game.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 25, 2009, 12:46:35 am »

I'm kind of glad the mafia killed me. I have no idea why they chose to do so, since I probably would of been lynched. Still, I had a good excuse to vote for myself.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 25, 2009, 12:49:23 am »

Quite simply, we had two choices that night; you or zai.  We knew that one of you was the fibbonachi voter, and the other was the doctor voter.  Both seemed like good targets, so we choose you at random.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2009, 02:17:59 am »

Good job, Frelock! I really didn't suspect you until that last round, where it had to be you or Janus.
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 25, 2009, 06:21:35 am »

FRELOCK! What's WRONG with you!? You let mafia-logic get in the way of clear thinking! You GAVE UP trying to win! You could've flipped the suspicion back onto Janus with a few posts, but instead you created a false dichotomy between you and Zai, thereby giving all the power to Janus! I wanted to YELL at you so bad! Go down fighting Frelock! Don't just put your hands in the air and go "Well... even though I'm town, and it's lylo, I don't care if you kill me!"!!! Was that supposed to be some sort of guilt trip appeal? It didn't work!

You let so many good chances go by, it was so frustrating to watch.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2009, 12:30:55 pm »

I MUST LIVE LONGER.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 26, 2009, 12:57:28 am »

I was fighting until that last post, Josh.  At that point, it was a forgone conclusion; with majority reached and a day shortening voted on.  Sorry for not doing so well; I can get to the endgame easily, but once there, I have no clue of what to do.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 26, 2009, 09:34:11 am »

I was fighting until that last post, Josh.  At that point, it was a forgone conclusion; with majority reached and a day shortening voted on.  Sorry for not doing so well; I can get to the endgame easily, but once there, I have no clue of what to do.
The funny thing is you had a chance. You shouldn't've tried that voting with no reason thing. That was your big mistake. You ALWAYS give reasons for voting.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24