Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Game Over!)  (Read 32452 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Night 3)
« Reply #315 on: August 21, 2009, 09:24:32 am »

Today you find Leafsnail missing. No one can find him and it's quite possible that he was killed. Luckily, someone found a book of Leafsnail's titled "How to be a Vengeful Voter in 7 Days".

It is now Day.

Also, there will be no double lynches unless 80% of the voters vote. If there is a tie, the game will end when the tie is broken.

Vengeful Voter - If anyone has their vote on you by the end of the Day, you kill them during the following night. This power only works if you are alive.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Day 4)
« Reply #316 on: August 21, 2009, 10:10:07 am »

So...three of us left. Every single one of us has voted to kill off one of the Mafia. Frelock day 1, Janus and I day 2.

*sigh*

I'm going to have to think hard about this.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 21, 2009, 10:27:37 am »

Vote Janus
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 21, 2009, 10:28:44 am »

What's your reasoning, Frelock?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #319 on: August 21, 2009, 10:51:41 am »

I'm kind of curious as well.

First, I'm actually glad that Leafsnail was not Mafia.  That would have been fun to sort through without all of us townies dying in the process.

Why I think each of you is suspicious:
- Meph for pushing the double lynch of what turned out to be 2 townies (although I did agree with it at the time).
- Frelock for jumping on me without explaining why (I don't agree with this one).

So, I'm not really sure which of you is mafia for now.  I'm leaning towards Frelock at the time being if he won't / can't post why he's suspicious of me.

I won't vote until I'm sure, because if I vote incorrectly, all the Mafia has to do is vote with me and the game is over.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 21, 2009, 11:59:03 am »

Ok...so I've just gone through and tallied up all of the voting actions for Days 1 and 2.

Day 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Day 2
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The only really odd thing on here is that Janus was still listed as voting for Pandarsenic even after he unvoted. Web, was that a mistake?

Otherwise...I'm most suspicious of Frelock now. He was the first to vote for chaoticjosh day 1 (and still the first vote, even after switching to Org and back), and he didn't vote day 2, when we lynched Diakron. Also, he just jumped on and voted Janus without giving any reasons, which seems odd.

It's still possible that JanusTwoFace is playing an elaborate game. But...it seems a bit unlikely. It was his Reporting on chaoticjosh that helped expose his role (and Diakron's). And yet he didn't vote for Josh that day. It seems to me that if it had been an elaborate plot to bus josh, he'd have made sure he was on the bandwagon to kill him so he could clear himself. But he didn't, even though he voted again after Frelock changed his vote back to josh.

So, I'm going to FOS: Frelock. I'm thinking that you unintentionally bussed Chaoticjosh, and either didn't get on in time to save him or you guys decided to have you leave your vote on so you'd remain unsuspicious. I'm guessing you didn't vote Diakron day 2 because by the time you realized that he was doomed, your vote would have been a needless last vote - a common scum tell when bussing. So you elected to use the 'I was busy' card instead, which is less suspicious.

However, I'm not going to vote yet. I want to hear your explanation before I cast my vote. Like Janus, I don't want to risk the mafia jumping in with a vote to win the game before I hear what you have to say and get a chance to change my mind.
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 21, 2009, 12:22:34 pm »

I must've missed that unvote... My bad.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 21, 2009, 06:02:19 pm »

Ok, thanks Web.

BTW, when does the day end?
Come play Mafia with us!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 21, 2009, 07:39:08 pm »

Unvote

It was just a random vote, to gauge reaction; nothing more.  This isn't IRC mafia, where the day ends as soon as majority is reached, so I didn't have to worry about Meph hammering as scum.  Janus was the one I suspected more as scum; and naturally, Janus was unreadable in his reaction.

And as to your concerns about day 2, Meph, I was and am still busy.  Right now, I'm in the middle of marching band camp, with practice from 8am to 10pm, with 2-hour lunch and dinner breaks (it's dinnertime now).  I'll go through and give my reasoning on things and cast my real vote tonight.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 22, 2009, 12:09:13 am »

Well, after a lot of thinking, I'm going to cast my real vote on Mephansteras.  My reasoning comes down to a few points:

• Day 1 you put your vote on Panda, and for good reason as he was lurking.  However, you didn't really seem to find Josh's lying all that suspicious.  Your lists, while helpful, could have been put together for that express purpose, to seem helpful (I know I did that in Pirate Mafia as scum).
  • Day 2 is your day of glory, the day you voted for scum.  However, I found your statment to be somewhat interesting:
I'm guessing you didn't vote Diakron day 2 because by the time you realized that he was doomed, your vote would have been a needless last vote - a common scum tell when bussing.
Funny, wasn't that what you did that day?  Yours was the last vote, and with a mere 8 hours left and as little talking as was going on that day, Diakron was pretty much so doomed even with only 2 votes.  The only people who could vote who hadn't were myself, you and Diakron; with myself afk, and by no means guaranteed not to vote for Diakron, it was pretty much so you two against Zai and Janus.  Yes, you and he could have voted together and double-lynched Diakron and a townie, but that would have clearly identified you as scum.  Therefore, you bussed him, and claim that the move confirms you as town.

• Day 3, your main push was to get rid of Zai, who would have been a very powerful force for the town had he survived.  I understand your reasoning, and I agreed with it at the time.  However, I also note that Zai, a confirmed townie, was suspicious of you at that point.  Obviously that doesn't make you scum, but it does give me pause.

Your defense?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 22, 2009, 03:15:41 pm »

I see you're conveniently leaving Pandarsenic out of that list of people who could have voted but didn't. Leafsnail as well, technically, but he'd already left at that point so the chances of him (or a replacement) voting would have been slim. So the scum could have tried to get someone else lynched instead, with 4 possible votes outstanding by the time Janus added his vote to Zai.

Typing that, though, makes me fairly certain the JanusTwoFace isn't the scum. Which means you are. So, vote Frelock. Which means Janus gets to decide which one of us dies. I can only hope he chooses wisely.

If you're the scum, Janus, then bravo on a very thorough bussing campaign.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 22, 2009, 04:41:48 pm »

I realized that I forgot to talk about one of the points you brought up: Josh's lying on day 1.

You're right that in most cases lying is a major scum-tell. But I was going off of my experiences with Josh in Paranormal. I see all the PMs that go around, and Josh lies a lot, scum or town. With him, it really isn't a tell. It's just his normal play style. So while his lie made me a bit more suspicious then usual, it didn't make me suspicious enough to warrant voting for him that day. Panda's general lack of activity and the lack of any real content in his posts made me much more suspicious of him. I was wrong about Panda, yes, but there really isn't much to go on day 1.
Come play Mafia with us!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 22, 2009, 08:06:55 pm »

Your right, I forgot about Panda.  He didn't vote on day 1, and made only 2 posts with minimal content on day 2, and again didn't vote.  You really wanted to trust that guy to vote for a townie, rather than setting up a quick and easy buss against someone who was already suspicious, and therefore compromised?

Janus, I'm relatively certain that you're town.  Look things over, and make the right choice.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #328 on: August 24, 2009, 12:18:21 am »

Oh good.  Allow me to just say that, at this moment, I really wish that I was scum.  That would make this decision so much easier.  Unfortunately, I'm not.  So it's not.  I could just guess and have a 50/50 chance of being correct...

Right now, I think that either one of you could be scum.  Each time I read through the last page or so of posts, I start leaning one way or the other, but I'm still not quite sure.  Overall, I wish that it was still possible to double lynch right now.  Then you could just shoot each other and I would feel much better about the whole thing.

OK.  So, the logical part of me thinks that Frelock has been acting more suspicious and that Meph has been more helpful to the town.  On the other hand, something in my gut has been telling me that there is something off about Meph for the past 2 days (game time).  So I'm getting a nice conflict between logic and intuition.  Oh joy...

For now, I'm going to vote Frelock.  I am willing to change my mind, but only if you can bring sufficient (to me) evidence to the table to convince me to do so.  I'm not going to go back and forth like Zai did last time around though.  That induced one heck of a migraine and I don't really want to go through that again...

(Zai: No hard feelings if you're reading this, I did choose to play Mafia after all ;D)

Frelock, a question: why have you never brought up anything about your role?  A Vote Seer seems like a good counterpoint to the Vote Reporter, something that may have been used to balance things out.  That's one of the things that seems curious to me.

If I'm wrong, then I apologize profusely and congratulate all of the scum (and everyone else) on a game well played.  Also, I'll definitely need to start heeding my instincts more often.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 24, 2009, 01:21:28 am »

Apologies accepted.

To answer your question, Janus, since you stated your list of who's who day 2, my role has been completely useless and unnecessary.  We know who's voting for who, and what kind of powers they have.  There's been no real surprises since your vote bounced and Meph's didn't day 1.  Also, it seems to me that since the vote reporter's reports are made public, it doesn't need to be balanced on the scum side.  Let's not forget that the super voter is the only counter scum could have against the mirror voter, so there's balancing that way too.

In any case, Meph is scum for the reasons I listed before.  He started day 1 by accusing and then defending Chaoticjosh.

Hmm...I'm going to have to throw out there that Josh's role could actually be the Vote Stealer...might explain why WA shouted out that he had no votes? If it is, he's almost certainly scum for lying about it.

So either he's confused, lying to us, or you're lying to us again.
*sigh*
I'd be more worried about you lying, except that you always do that, even as town. So it's not a good scum-tell against you.

He then proceeded to persuade you to put enough votes on Panda that he was merely one vote away from being lynched.  Heck, if I had switched my vote then, and given the reason that panda was lurking, josh would have 2 votes to Panda's 3.  Obviously, neither he nor I couldn't know that Panda was the mirror voter, so he operated under the assumption that Panda could be lynched.

His real claim to townieness was voting for Diakron, while I didn't vote at all.  It was merely a clever bus on his part; with Diakron acting so scummy, and Panda and I out, he had no choice but to cast the unneeded final vote for his buddy.  He then proceeded to make sure that the arguably most powerful town role, the Fibonacci voter, was lynched.  He needed them out of the way before Zai got 3 votes and could basically control the lynch.  Yes, I understood his reasoning at the time, but the scum can use seemingly good reasoning against us.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24