Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Game Over!)  (Read 32474 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Day 3)
« Reply #285 on: August 19, 2009, 05:21:45 pm »

Looser in thought? No, I'm just specifically trying to avoid too much WIFOM and using Occam's razor on the situation. The idea of you killing Panda makes some sense. Is it a great scum-tell or anything, no. But it is a plausible reason for you to have killed him, more then anyone else.

Besides, that isn't why I'm voting for you. I'm voting for you because if Org is town and you're scum the town has pretty much lost. If you're town and Org is scum, the town still has a decent shot at winning. That's not based on WIFOM or voting patterns or anything except hard math. You get three votes tomorrow. That's as much as every other player combined at that point. More, if both you and Org are still alive tomorrow. In that situation you pretty much control the entire vote. Which is fine if you're town, but horrible if you're scum since you've pretty much won at that point.

Is it like josh's power last game, yes. However, I died in that game before it got to that point, so I didn't have to worry about it as much. This game I do. That game also had a very different set of powers involved, and that changed things quite a bit.

The fact that Josh's role was a town role last game means nothing. Web can and will shake things up all he likes, and as long as the resulting set-up is reasonably balanced he'll use it.

--

Really, there is no situation where I'll be content with both you and Org surviving today. If everyone is convinced Org is scum and wants to lynch him, and we have a reliable replacement for Leafsnail, I might accept that. We'd at least have a chance to lynch you tomorrow if people decide you're scum. Otherwise, it's just too risky to leave you alive, since your three votes against only two active townies would mean you win.

I know I'm voting on role, but I'm not voting on role because I think the role is scummy, I'm voting on it because of the consequences of it being scum. You have, by far, the most powerful role for Scum right now. So powerful that it's game ending at this point. Considering that the other two scum roles (Vote stealer and twin voter) weren't all that powerful, I wouldn't be surprised if Web gave the Fibonacci voter to scum. Especially since things would have to have gone oddly for the game to go past 4 days, so it's not really much more powerful then Josh's triple-voter role.

Janus, Frelock, Leaf (if you're here), what are your thoughts?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 19, 2009, 05:44:52 pm »

I'd actually be okay with a double lynch of Org and myself, as my death would hopefully be for the good of the town. This will require me to vote for Org, and only 2 of the remaining 4 (if Leafsnail's not back yet; if he is back, then it could be 3 to 3) to vote for me. If Org isn't scum, then the 3 that are left (assuming Leafsnail gets a replacement or the game lasts until he gets back) can decide who to lynch. If Org isn't scum, my suggestion would be to vote for you, though I'm still suspicious of Janus for having unvoted me at the beginning of the game seemingly just because I had posted (though he later cleared this up, that could easily have just been mafia reparations, and a lousy one at that), and I'm also suspicious of Leafsnail if just because of his role and the fact that he was just so good while he was here.

...What would happen if we had a triple lynch of Org, myself, and another person? This would leave 2 townies and 1 mafia if none of us is scum, which would be reduced to one townie and one mafia after the night. Both would vote for the other. Both would die because of the "if tied, all die" rule. So who would win? o,0
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 19, 2009, 05:47:18 pm »

Hmm...Pandarsenic's phrasing of Org's ability said that he was immune to all powers. I wonder if he's immune to your extra votes?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2009, 05:57:32 pm »

Alright then.  Web, in the scenario in which Org is scum, we lynch someone else, and it gets down to Org and another, does the town win (since they can out-vote Org) or does scum win?
The game is played out until there is no possible way for town to win or until the town has won.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2009, 05:59:56 pm »

We'll find out if you (Zai) vote for Org.  I placed my reporterness on you today, so web should tell us if anything other than a single normal vote occurs when you vote.

I would not be opposed to a double / triple / everyone lynch if you (plural this time) believe that would be wise.

I'm wiped out, I'll be back on tomorrow to figure things out.

Psuedo-edit: I'll take that as affirmative.  As long as no one was lying, we can easily out lynch Org even in a 1 on 1 situation.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 19, 2009, 06:34:58 pm »

I am not scum. Just have no time.:V

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2009, 06:56:30 pm »

We'll find out if you (Zai) vote for Org.  I placed my reporterness on you today, so web should tell us if anything other than a single normal vote occurs when you vote.

Well then I should probably vote for him now. >,>

Org.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2009, 07:09:29 pm »

Hmm, I wouldn't be so dissatisfied with a double lynch as Zai suggested; it's how we won the last game, after all.  However, if Org is indeed scum, then the town has already won.  It would get down to 1 person vs. Org, and that survivor could lynch Org.  That seems like it would really be unbalanced for scum.

In any case, I'll vote Zai for now, with a change pending Webadict's lack of an announcement.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 19, 2009, 07:11:49 pm »

Yeah, SV sucks. Cant do anything if its one on one with scum.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #294 on: August 19, 2009, 07:24:05 pm »

Org, your role somehow sounds like one of those things webadict would say:
'Do not underestimate or overestimate the significance or power of your role. You may be sorely mistaken.'

(And I'm quoting the OP, not a PM... please don't kill me ;D)

Now the only problem would be to figure out what's there to over/underestimate.

(I'm not sure how conductive being so tired + insomnia is too logic, but I can't sleep so I might as well try to logic at things)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 19, 2009, 07:32:32 pm »

Org.
WARNING! WARNING! Zaithemaster is voting for Org with TWO votes!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2009, 07:34:04 pm »

Org.
WARNING! WARNING! Zaithemaster is voting for Org with TWO votes!
DANGER, WILL ORGISON! DANGER!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #297 on: August 19, 2009, 07:35:04 pm »

Well, that shows at least that you are a Fibonacci Voter.

But I've thought through it a little more and this might be exactly what I mean.  Org might not ignore the additional votes until the end of the day.  It would look like he's going to die and then (amazingly) he doesn't.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 19, 2009, 07:38:04 pm »

Webadict?

Is that what might happen? Or wat?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 19, 2009, 07:58:00 pm »

Votes are an intrinsic property of voters, and do not affect others.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24