Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Game Over!)  (Read 32503 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2009, 04:26:41 pm »

So why would you want the Vote Reporter dead (as opposed to the Vote Seer)?  They sound similar, except the Reporter's information is public and the Seer's is private.  I'd say the Seer is probably the more dangerous of the two.

(And in a perfect world, each team probably has one of the two roles. :))
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2009, 04:29:58 pm »

I guess it would be really annoying if you had a secret vote, as the reporter basically makes secret vote type powers useless as long as they remain alive.  Basically, the Vote Reporter is more useful as Town (he can reveal his info without having to roleclaim and risk a nightkil) wheras the Seer would be more useful as scum, getting secret info.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2009, 04:52:09 pm »

Zai spoke up, so unvote and vote Leafsnail.  Leafsnail and Frelock are the only two (by my count) who haven't posted at all since the game started.

FoS Janus for unvoting me just because I posted. The point of voting people at the beginning is not just to get them talking. It's to judge their reactions. I made this mistake of unvoting as soon as the person voted in one of the Paranormals when I was Mafia.

Well atm i have very few things to go by i will stay a little tight lip until i have better idea of the person i suspect as i dont want them to get away.

Also I highly doubt that WA would make on of use a twin voter without informing the other...

FoS Diakron (or should I say ToonyMan? o,0) for refusing to speak. It's a stall tactic. Not contributing is not useful for the town. Contribute please. If you are killed without contributing and you are actually on to something with your suspicions, it's a complete waste. Share please.

FoS TM (or Diakron...damn twin voters) for his role. It can quite possibly be a liability for the town, even if he is actually a townie.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2009, 04:54:26 pm »

Eh? im currently playing kol and checking up here every great once in a while
Back to Mafia with me!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2009, 04:55:30 pm »

Well then, as Org has psudo-explained the role, I will keep my promise and Vote Chaoticjosh, though I agree with Zai that just because someone has posted does not mean they're town.  I reserve the right, however, to change my vote to Pandarsenic or Org, should they continue to be unhelpful lurkers.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2009, 04:57:11 pm »

I wish I can help you guys.   :(  I did my best.

Chance of hitting Sir Josh is like 1/11.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2009, 05:00:06 pm »

i still think toonyman might be scum but im going for harder evidence before people jump on me about "OMGUS" again...
Back to Mafia with me!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2009, 05:08:14 pm »

@Zai
More of voting for someone else than not voting for you.  I wanted to get everyone here at least a little bit and I only have one vote.

@Toony
Do you know when your ability actually votes?  If it's at the beginning of the day the Reporter or Seer could tell where you were voting for the rest of us.

Since there's still a bit more time in the day, I'm going to unvote for now.  I currently think Toony, Josh, and Diakron are the most suspicious.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2009, 05:10:28 pm »

Do you know when your ability actually votes?  If it's at the beginning of the day the Reporter or Seer could tell where you were voting for the rest of us.

It's at the end of the day.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2009, 05:10:48 pm »

Yep.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2009, 05:11:35 pm »

I was paraphrasing it, so I don't get modkilled.

*looks up into the sky, then darts his head back down

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2009, 05:20:44 pm »

Org didn't actually give us the full description of the reporter, and we had to work it out from webadict's strange bulletin early in the thread.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2009, 05:56:00 pm »

Pandar, where ARE you? I want to know what your thoughts are. I know you're capable, but it seems your holding back for some reason.

i still think toonyman might be scum but im going for harder evidence before people jump on me about "OMGUS" again...

Diakron, the town can't afford to be cautious. You can't use "What if I look suspicious" or "What if people vote for me" as a reason to not scumhunt. If you can't get up from that game of yours to help the town, then what good are you?! Tell me that!

Org's general silence and lack of cooperation isn't surprising, really, he acts this way when he's both mafia AND town, and it isn't helpful to either. I know you're busy Org (or atleast, you claim to be busy), but it wouldn't hurt to try to skim through the posts and form a more complicated opinion on the matters.

Also, @ Frelock, I can understand why you're voting for me, but understand that that lie was a real dumb move on my part. I wanted to start the day off nice, but then something unexpected happened, and I was very distracted at that particular moment, and I knew it wouldn't be prudent to have to explain that I already had an idea of what role somebody was, so I shambled together this terrible lie that never should have happened. I hadn't thought it through, is what I'm trying to say.

Now, WA, I want that vote count I asked for!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2009, 05:58:33 pm »

VOUNT COUNT VOTE COUNT.

*remembers modkillings

vote count vote count

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2009, 05:58:41 pm »

I agree with CJ, I havent seen Pandar. Although he might be sleeping or something.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24