Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Game Over!)  (Read 32443 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Day 1)
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2009, 09:24:25 pm »

I bet Sir Josh's role is actually mafia to throw us off.  I SAY WE LYNCH HIM DOOD.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2009, 09:26:27 pm »

So Zaithemaster, you were town last time, so you're obviously scum.  So how about you tell us about yourself and your known role... ;D
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2009, 09:38:12 pm »

I know of the Vote Stealer - They don't have a vote, but they can steal all of the votes of another player during the night. They get their vote(s) back at the end of the next day.

Interesting roles. Which would be worst in the hands of scum? The Fibinacci voter and Vote Stealer would both be pretty bad for the town in the hands of scum, I have to say.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2009, 09:43:36 pm »

Org, it's really weird how you popped up to say "Hi!" and then apparently wondered off somewhere, come share with us.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2009, 09:48:56 pm »

Well this game took forever to start. And I'm not really sure what my extra role's description means, but oh well. Here's my interpretation:

Quote from: Vengeful Voter
Anyone who has their vote on this person by the end of the night is killed during the following night, assuming the person with this role isn't dead.

I'm not sure how someone can have their vote by the end of the night. I'm not sure if that's from the previous day or in advance for the following day.

The Fibinacci voter seems to be like a changed Josh's Three Votes role. It's normal at the beginning of the game, but then becomes more powerful than Josh's Three Votes at the end of the game.

The Twin Voters role seems to merely be for a double lynching. I believe webadict said there wouldn't be double lynchings when there's ties this game, so that would explain the existence of this role, I suppose. But being Twins does not prove that they are both townies or mafia. Kashyyk's vote was tied to TM last game, after all.

I also think that Josh's No Votes role probably has some hidden part to it. I suspect him to be scum, but if there's anything I we learned from the last game, it's not to vote based on roles.

I vote Org, for what should be obvious reasons by now.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2009, 10:00:46 pm »

Hold up Zai, that doesn't make any sense:

Anyone who has their vote on this person by the end of the night is killed during the following night, assuming the person with this role isn't dead.

Shouldn't it say "By the end of the day"?

But yeah, I had no idea that WA would shout that I had no votes from the mountaintops, that was NOT in the description, and that's total BS! This leads me to believe that WA is leaving alot of vital details about everyone's role. Ask questions people, ask WA questions until his eyes fall out.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2009, 10:02:39 pm »

Hold up Zai, that doesn't make any sense:

Shouldn't it say "By the end of the day"?

Exactly. That's why I didn't understand it.

This could be a counter to another role that votes at night or something. I dunno.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2009, 10:05:15 pm »

Hmm...I'm going to have to throw out there that Josh's role could actually be the Vote Stealer...might explain why WA shouted out that he had no votes? If it is, he's almost certainly scum for lying about it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2009, 10:09:35 pm »

But why would WA point it out like that? That doesn't make any sense.

WA, if the vote stealer stole someone's votes, would they know about it?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2009, 10:11:02 pm »

Hmm...I'm going to have to throw out there that Josh's role could actually be the Vote Stealer...might explain why WA shouted out that he had no votes? If it is, he's almost certainly scum for lying about it.

Nice idea. We should probably wait for "verification" as to whether or not there is a Josh's No Votes from somebody else. Though a fellow mafioso might throw that out there instead of the role they actually got.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2009, 10:13:15 pm »

No idea. But then, I don't see why he'd point it out anyway. *shrug*

That might be the important part. People should let us know if their votes get stolen (assuming they know) so we can watch for the vote stealer.

That role concerns me, especially with the Fibonacci voter, since scum could easily decide not to steal votes until near the end of the game and grab a whole bunch from the Fibonacci to seal a win near the end.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2009, 10:23:53 pm »

I know of the...

*Checks*

Shielded Voter - His vote is worthless but he's totally immune to all powers - webadict, I assume Nightkills aren't counted as an ability?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2009, 10:24:22 pm »

That might be the important part. People should let us know if their votes get stolen (assuming they know) so we can watch for the vote stealer.

That role concerns me, especially with the Fibonacci voter, since scum could easily decide not to steal votes until near the end of the game and grab a whole bunch from the Fibonacci to seal a win near the end.

Ouch, yeah Meph, we should make sure though. WA, ontop of my previous question, would a vote stealer take all the votes from someone with multiple votes? Or if he targetted me, would he not get anything?

I've got this figured out though, I guess. Someone PM'd me, who asked to remain nameless, claiming to be a Vote Reporter, whose power is that he picks someone at night, and then reports it if it isn't how it appears. I have no idea why he did this though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2009, 11:16:12 pm »

Ouch, yeah Meph, we should make sure though. WA, ontop of my previous question, would a vote stealer take all the votes from someone with multiple votes? Or if he targetted me, would he not get anything?

I've got this figured out though, I guess. Someone PM'd me, who asked to remain nameless, claiming to be a Vote Reporter, whose power is that he picks someone at night, and then reports it if it isn't how it appears. I have no idea why he did this though.
If someone could, in fact, steal votes, the person from whom they were stolen is notified that their vote is stolen. And, I'm thinking... Yes, they would steal all the person's votes, assuming they could.

If someone with zero votes were targeted, they would still be notified of their "missing" vote(s).

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2009, 11:17:43 pm »

Sorry guys was at the store... crazy woman...

My known role is the Mirror Voter this lucky asshole has all votes bounce off him and on to the voter with no knowledge of that happening...
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24