Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Game Over!)  (Read 32478 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Day 2)
« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2009, 04:18:59 pm »

I dont know what you mean by not much depth i post what i see as needed... would you like me to redo some1 elses stuff are will you go read it yourself? i assume you can read as you are playing a forum game...

i do wonder about Leafsnail, afterall that is basically the same way my Ticking (vote) bomb work in toon mafia and i was scum in there. Other then that i dont have much to say i read what you all typed and when anything starts to look funny to me i will speak.
Back to Mafia with me!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2009, 04:39:10 pm »

I'm most suspicious of Zai and Diakron. Pandarsenic seems unlikely as mafia, simply because he's pretty much impossible to lynch. Zai's power worries me

Voting based on your suspicion of a role and not the actual person is bad. Terrible idea. I did that last game with Josh and I was oh so wrong (though I picked the right one in the end >,>).

However, nightkilling as scum based on roles is a good idea. I recommend doing that if you're mafia.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2009, 10:40:44 pm »

A few votes later...

Vote Tally

Diakron - Zaithemaster, JanusTwoface, Mephansteras (3)

Well, it seems pretty clear that Diakron is the winner today. He jumps up and down, screaming, "Omigod omigod omigod! What did I win?" A nearby politician holds up a noose and say, "A necklace." Then, with a quick throw out the window, Diakron dies.

At least someone had the indecency to go through his pockets. A family picture in his pocket shows he was a Twin Voter with ToonyMan!

Seems he also had several receipts from all his money laundering and tax evasion. Because he really liked receipts. They're all covered with the Mayor's blood!

You caught another miscreant.

It is now Night.

Twin Voter - You are twins with [ x ]. If someone votes for you, that vote shifts to [ x ] and vice versa. These votes will not show up except on count.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Night 2)
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2009, 11:12:13 pm »

Dawn breaks. Kind of like the mirror surrounding Pandarsenic. He has shards embedded in his body. The irony is that he appears to be a Mirror Voter!

Also, he's missing his Troll doll.

It is now Day.

Mirror Voter - If anyone votes for you, their vote automatically bounces back to them. They will not know this has happened.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Day 3)
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2009, 11:41:22 pm »

Zaithmaster, you now have 2 votes, do you not?  Also, web, is the "in the event of a tie, everybody dies" rule still in effect?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2009, 08:35:56 am »

Zaithmaster, you now have 2 votes, do you not?  Also, web, is the "in the event of a tie, everybody dies" rule still in effect?
Always.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2009, 12:25:57 pm »

Alright then.  Web, in the scenario in which Org is scum, we lynch someone else, and it gets down to Org and another, does the town win (since they can out-vote Org) or does scum win?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2009, 12:30:48 pm »

Frelock, why didn't you vote yesterday? You talked a bit, but never actually cast a vote.

For now, though, I'm going to vote Org. Why? Because every single living player in the game has voted to kill off one of the mafia. Frelock, Leafsnail, and Org the first day, and Zai, Janus, and Myself the second. Org, however, doesn't really get a vote, so he's the only one who really wouldn't have been busing anyone.

Everyone else had to have decided to bus another scum. Very possible, although somewhat risky.

My general order of suspicion:
Org - for the reasons above
Zai - would have to have bussed Diakron, but Diakron was pretty suspicious already. Also, Pandarsenic's death last night is suspicious. Why kill the mirror voter unless you're afraid of his ability? Well, the Fibonacci voter has good reason to fear an ability that can bounce all those votes back.
JanusTwoFace - Been very helpful, and after bussing a scummate he'd be fairly town-looking
Leafsnail - Isn't here...I always worry about that, although bussing josh on the first day would have been an odd move
Frelock - Worked hard to get Josh lynched the first day. Odd move for scum, but his lack of a vote on Day 2 makes me suspicous
Myself - I'm not scum and I know it. Also, no real reason for me to kill Panda instead of Zai, since the Fibonacci voter is way scarier then the mirror voter to me (since I ignore things that effect my vote).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 19, 2009, 01:33:48 pm »

Sorry, Meph.  I was planning on posting and voting based on the patterns that were there, but it was move-in day, and I never really got around to it.  I didn't want to vote with as few posts and as little talking as we had yesterday at the time of my last post.  I'm hoping people will be a little more active today, though thus far I have been proven wrong.

As for your vote on Org, it's well reasoned.  Along with the bus-free record, he's also been lurking.  I'd also accuse Leaf of that too, but he's on vacation IIRC, and was active before that, so I'm not so against him.

I don't agree as much with your reasoning against Zai, however.  If you know who the mirror voter is, you don't have to worry about your votes bouncing back and hitting you in the face, because you can simply not vote for them.

However, onto the scumhunting questions.  Janus, if you were scum, why would you have killed Panda?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #279 on: August 19, 2009, 01:49:31 pm »

Honestly, I wouldn't have.  If I were Mafia, I would have already known that Pandar was town.  He's not likely to have been mistaken for scum as he would have been nearly impossible to kill.  But he wasn't terribly dangerous at the point, just hard to kill.

So far as Leaf, I was looking at his profile and he hasn't been on the forums since Aug 14.  So unless he sent webadict a list of kills beforehand, I think it's safe to say that he's innocent.  Unless PMs don't activate the 'forum activity' thing?

I'm vaguely suspicious about Zai for FoSing a dead person.  Probably just an honest mistake, but it's also possible that he is scum and trying to put suspicion on anyone that's not scum.

For now, I don't really have any suspicions on Frelock, but I guess I have to have some suspicions or you'll feel left out.  ;D

For now, I agree with Meph and will vote Org
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 19, 2009, 01:59:24 pm »

Actually...I'm starting to think that we need to lynch Zai today.

My reasoning: He's the Fibonacci voter. If he is scum, and we don't lynch him today, he can probably flat-out win this.

Observe:
Today:
Org (0)
Zai (2)
Mephansteras(1)
Janus(1)
Frelock(1)
Leafsnail(1) (probably gone and not voting)

That's a total of 6 votes (5 without Leaf). Say we lynch Org, and me, Janus or Frelock dies tonight. Let's say it is me.

That leaves us:
Zai (3)
Janus(1)
Frelock(1)
Leafsnail(1) (probably gone and not voting)

Unless a replacement is found for Leaf, we lose if Zai is scum. Even if Leaf is here, everyone has to vote for Zai to kill him, and it's still a double-lynch with whomever he votes for. We'd win, but it's risky.

At that point, if we fail to lynch Zai he wins the next day because town just doesn't have the votes to stop him.

I still think there is a good chance Org is scum, but if he is our scum he's not a big threat. We can kill him tomorrow no problem since he gets no votes.

So, unvote Org and vote Zaithemaster instead. I'm just not willing to take the risk. Sorry, Zai.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 19, 2009, 02:01:11 pm »

Oh! And, if there is a double-lynch with Zai tomorrow and he's not scum (and whomever he votes for isn't scum), the town loses as well.

Too many ways to lose with him alive. I really think we have a better chance without him, considering how much the town outnumbers the mafia.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 19, 2009, 02:08:00 pm »

Ok, last post-in-a-row for me. I ran some more numbers. If Zai isn't scum, we're in lylo tomorrow anyway.

Still, with Leaf being away I think it's much riskier to risk Zai being the scum then Org. If it's not Zai or Org, we've probably lost this no matter what.

I am happy to hear of any other suspicions everyone else has, though.
Come play Mafia with us!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 19, 2009, 04:58:00 pm »

Really, Meph? Really? Either you're less...analytic (? can't think of the correct word) than I remember you being, or you're scum. You're pointing out WIFOM situations without commenting on the WIFOM (some put in play by webadict himself (my role)) and you're actually using them as the reasons for voting.

Also, I don't get your little thing about me being suspicious because I would be "afraid" of Pandar's role. His role was revealed a while ago. I had as much reason as anyone else (including you, but excluding Org I guess) to want to night-kill him. Was that you just being bad at trying to put WIFOM into play as scum, or are you suddenly "looser" in thought than I am?

And besides, if we're going off of abilities alone, I'd be suspicious of you. You were the only person who could have successfully voted to lynch Pandar (who was a townie), and your role doesn't seem to have any other point that I can see but to counter Pandar. Since the only way to day-kill a certain townie was from you (with an unknown alignment), that's some WIFOM related to a role for you, though it would be incredibly difficult (addressing this later on) and require a hell of a lot of trust from everyone... So I guess dismiss this point. >,>

My role is rather similar to Josh's Three Votes from last game which, as I recall, was a townie role. Speaking of Josh's Three Votes, I don't remember you being this suspicious of him last game. Why the sudden change in assessment of similar roles (my role will be, at most, if I am indeed scum as you claim, as powerful as his was)?

Also. Addressing some more WIFOM. Why would the mafia kill Pandar over me, when I would be able to more easily kill them? A) So that I can help kill an innocent. B) To bring this sort of WIFOM into the game. C) To get rid of the only person (correct?) who could not be lynched regularly, aside from the use of your role. Though for him to be lynched would require everyone else to abstain and for you to be the only person to vote and for you to vote for him. This would require certainty from everyone (except Org <.<) that he was scum over other options, and trust that you wouldn't change your vote at the last second.

I apologize if I come off as antagonistic with this post. Josh is rubbing off on me.

But aside from all that, it's good that Diakron was actually scum. I was doubting myself a little, thinking what I considered suspicious about him may just have been because he was a newbie to this sort of game. I was relieved when I read the day-end post.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 19, 2009, 05:03:35 pm »

Sorry. I keep forgetting Im actually in this.
Forgetting+AP Stats HW+DF Mafia=No time
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24