Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Game Over!)  (Read 32501 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2009, 08:51:19 am »

I have received confirmation from WA.  If someone has their vote on me at the end of the day I sneak into their house that night and murder them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2009, 08:54:58 am »

Okay, since there were votes for a Day extension, and I was supposed to end the Day about 9 hours ago, I'll give one more hour.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2009, 09:41:27 am »

I'm going to keep my vote on Panda. Josh, Mr. Person, and Janus are all pretty suspicious, but I haven't made up my mind which is town or scum. Lots of strange stuff going on, and I really want to see the results of this day and Night 1. With those, I should be able to figure out a lot more about who's what.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2009, 09:56:01 am »

Vote Tally

Org - Zaithemaster
Pandarsenic - Mephansteras, JanusTwoface
Frelock - ToonyMan
chaoticjosh - Frelock, Mr.Person, Leafsnail, Org
Leafsnail - Org

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2009, 10:10:40 am »

Is Org supposed to be on their twice?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2009, 10:18:52 am »

Is Org supposed to be on their twice?
No.

A couple of quick votes and a clear pick comes forth.

Vote Tally

Org - Zaithemaster (1)
Pandarsenic - Mephansteras, JanusTwoface (1)
chaoticjosh - Frelock, Mr.Person, Leafsnail, Org (3)
Leafsnail - ToonyMan (1)
JanusTwoface - (1)

It seems that chaoticjosh couldn't talk his way out of this one! You don't have anyway to kill him, given the utopia you live in, so you lock him in a room that you will call the jail.

You go through his belongings and find that he was the Vote Stealer!

You also find a bag with... the Mayor's head in it! He must be one of them ne'er-do-wells!

Josh yells from the room he's in about revenge, murder, and general wrongdoings.

It is now Night.

Vote Stealer - You do not begin with a vote. Each night, you may steal someone's vote(s). That vote is returned to that person by the end of the next day.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:43:51 am by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Night 1)
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2009, 11:01:21 pm »

As you all awake, you find the body of Mr.Person, with a deep cut in his head from a sharp corner and plenty of bruises from someone beating the daylights out of him. Quite a shame, as his medical bag indicates he was a Doctor Voter!

My god! It seems ToonyMan was also brutally stabbed last night! He seems to have left his Journal in his pocket, claiming to be an Undecided Voter!

It is now Day.

Doctor Voter - If the player you voted for during the day would die during the night, he will not die.
Undecided Voter - You vote at random. Your vote is shifted at the end of the Day. Your vote is not affected by active powers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Day 2)
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2009, 11:03:46 pm »

Also, Leafsnail went to Scotland or Ireland or something, and needs a replacement.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2009, 11:35:45 pm »

FoS Mr.Person because of a plan I had "discussed" with Josh last game that may have been utilized. Essentially, bussing to the extreme. I doubt it, but just throwing this out there. I also don't remember Mr.Person ever talking so much in a Mafia game before. It's almost as if someone could have written the posts for him... Of course, I have only played a few games with him, but oh well.

And woooooow at TM voting for Leafsnail. Very unlucky. I'm wanting to vote for Leafsnail because of his role right now, but I know better than to judge based on role, unless it's possibly detrimental even if town, like TM's role, though I suppose Leafsnail's could be, too (though he's announced it to "remove" the (extra) killings of innocents).

I'd like a comment from Janus as to whether he says the conversation Josh quoted actually happened or not.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2009, 11:37:22 pm »

Agh, my spleen.

*falls over dead

CURSE YOU RNG.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 14, 2009, 11:52:03 pm »

FoS Mr.Person because of a plan I had "discussed" with Josh last game that may have been utilized. Essentially, bussing to the extreme. I doubt it, but just throwing this out there. I also don't remember Mr.Person ever talking so much in a Mafia game before. It's almost as if someone could have written the posts for him... Of course, I have only played a few games with him, but oh well.

And woooooow at TM voting for Leafsnail. Very unlucky. I'm wanting to vote for Leafsnail because of his role right now, but I know better than to judge based on role, unless it's possibly detrimental even if town, like TM's role, though I suppose Leafsnail's could be, too (though he's announced it to "remove" the (extra) killings of innocents).

I'd like a comment from Janus as to whether he says the conversation Josh quoted actually happened or not.

You do realize I'm dead, right?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2009, 11:54:10 pm »

NO EXCUSES.

*dead for real this time

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2009, 11:59:53 pm »

You do realize I'm dead, right?

And this is why you shouldn't make posts after a long day.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2009, 12:29:24 am »

It happens. 

I'm somewhat curious as to what happens to Diakron, now that TM is gone.  Janus, who did you place your report on last night?  We can use them to determine what happens if we vote Diakron, or if we have to vote a dead Toonyman to get our votes on him.

Or we could ask Web to kindly explain the game mechanics to us...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2009, 12:41:05 am »

An Answer
Yes, the conversation between myself and Josh actually happened.  Most of the logic behind why I did it is included in the conversation.  If you don't feel like reading it, I was using my role to search for a Mafia member.  If Josh was mafia, then there was a decent chance that they would target me because of my role and he would be lynched.  If he wasn't then a townie knew what I was, no harm done.  I figured that Josh would be as good a target as any because he tends to be slightly angrier when he's mafia than when he's town.

Thus, you should all know that I am the Vote Reporter.  To clear up any confusing on the role:  Each night I choose someone.  During the next day, if their vote would behave differently than it appears to in the main thread, the difference will be reported.  The first night, I choose Josh so when he voted, I saw that he had no vote and that it actually affected someone that it wasn't targeted at (more or less).

A Question
I know all of the roles now except for two.  Would it be better to post those to the main thread or something else?  It would be handy for them to be public because then the 'uninformed majority' becomes informed, but problematic because the Mafia would then be able to choose more powerful targets.  Opinions?

A Bit of Hope
There are 6 townies and 2 scum left, if I read correctly, so we're still in good shape.  It's late here, so I can't really make any clear suspicions, but I'll look through everything tomorrow and see what I can see.

A Problem
Does anyone know how we would kill the Mirror Voter if he is scum?  For a while I was trying to think through a plan involving Leafsnail's Vengeful Voter, but I couldn't quite make it work.  Ideas?  (Other than to hope that that is not the case?)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24