Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Game Over!)  (Read 32524 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 2! (Day 1)
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2009, 10:06:49 pm »

Man, I'm bad at this "Sleeping during the night" thing. I just slept through most of the day.

I'm gonna back a lynch on Josh, because hiding the Secret Voter role is a pretty scummy thing, in my opinion. Before I vote, is there any desire on anyone's part to rehash arguments not to lynch him?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2009, 10:22:55 pm »

I'm saying this is a huge misunderstanding caused by one of the most giant moments of distraction I have ever experienced. God, I can't help but think that if I hadn't done that, I might be able to help some more.

WA, do you need any more votes for the day extension?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2009, 11:21:38 pm »

vote extension and im going to have to ask for webadict about something during it that i will discuss in PM to him and toony only.
Back to Mafia with me!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2009, 11:31:29 pm »

Alright, I'm not going out without getting my say in first! These are the people I suspect most:

Diakron: for general jumpiness, bad logic, not actively participating, and generally acting suspicious.

Janus: I need to let this be heard! You know how I said that I was contacted by a Vote Reporter? That's him! This is out PM conversation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can plainly see, he pulled some odd gambit that involved someone else, and generally trying to intimidate me for no good reason. I still don't get why the HELL he would reveal himself to me.

Leafsnail: I don't want to doubt Leaf's intelligence here, but his roleclaim felt.. staged. Like it was deliberated on, not by himself, but by a group, that he was ordered to do it.

Pandar: I know for a FACT that Pandar is very intelligent, and experienced in Mafia, but he's not showing that, at all. He's just going with the crowd, and generally lurking and being a pushover, as if trying not to attract attention to himself.

Mr.Person: For blatantly REFUSING to scumhunt, and instead relying on policies to do all the work for him. He is NOT working within the best interests of the town, I am sure of that! To a lesser extent, all this applies to Frelock as well.

Those are my highest priority suspects, when I flip town, be absolutely SURE to take a long hard look at these, and decide for yourselves that these are not in fact mafia.

Also, be very sure to keep the pressure on Org, he's WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too complacent with his lurking, and he never learns!

Meph, ToonyMan, and Zai, while least suspicious in my eyes, shouldn't be discounted.

I NEED you guys to think these things through, discuss a bit more. Be vicious in your scrutiny!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2009, 11:49:00 pm »

Aww, you forgot me, the guy who put the first vote on you.  Josh, Mr. Person may be trying to get you lynched based on policy, but you have to admit, it's a policy for a reason.  You're lying has only confused things up.  Of course, that was just your "no voter" gambit, or whatever it was.  Web admitted to confusing you, so I'll grant you that one.  I still don't know why you did the first one, though.  I understand you were confused, but that was strictly Diakron/Toony's fault, of no fault of yours.  You thought you had walked into a trap?  Perhaps you did; and perhaps you fell for it.

Panda still hasn't done much yet, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's busy.  Still, I'd like to hear his thoughts on this, so I'll vote for the day extension as well.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2009, 11:51:30 pm »

Edit: note to self, read names as well as posts.  Hi panda! *blushes due to his ignorance

So then, cancel my vote for a day extension.  However, Panda, what do you mean by the "Secret Voter?"  The "secret vote" was due to the twinning of Diakron and Toonyman.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2009, 11:59:14 pm »

Who said I wasn't scum hunting? I'm just reserving comment until you flip. Until then, it's hard to judge without knowing for sure you're town or scum.

For the record, you're far more powerful in the hands of the scum and than as town. If you're scum, you can steal a person's vote and force the town into lynching that person, if there's very few people.

I don't want a day extension. I know, I know, there's more info that can be gotten from questioning people, but I think enough votes and talk have been thrown out to go forward from your lynch. Still, a bunch of people want a day extension, so we'll probably get one. What do you guys wanna talk about?

Oh, and in case I die, I suspect Org for his lurking and the strange way he claimed the role he knew. Not very helpful, yeah, but oh well. He's also been acting real strange, even for him.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2009, 12:31:45 am »

Great logic there Mr.Person, "Reserving" your comment. You can't have one of your own until I flip, that, on the other hand, has the disadvantage that we'll be 1 town short at the end!

Also, you should KNOW that lynching someone on there role is as much of a fallacy as anything, and that it's just avoiding the argument!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2009, 01:05:22 am »

I know you're just trying to help and that's great, it really is. But please, be right when you argue something. You can say lynching based on role is bad, but have you ever played smalltown? Trust me, if you have nothing else to go on, lynching based on role is the best you can do.

Except in this case, we DO have something better to go on! Of course, if you flip town, I'll look like a fool, won't I? Well, I don't care. You lied about your role and your claim that you didn't know the rules on your roles is bullshit, imo. Webadict posted on the thread, page 3, that you would get all votes from whoever you stole from. I repeat, he POSTED ON THE THREAD VERY CLEARLY THAT YOU WOULD GET ALL THE VOTES FROM WHOEVER YOU TARGETED, NOT JUST ONE. It's VERY clear that you would get all votes from the person, both because Webadict said so and from reading the role PM, yet you still chose to say it would only steal one? I don't even have the role and apparently I knew more about it than you did.

Also, the fact you claimed you targeted Org was very, very stupid. Guess what? You just revealed Org's role. Brilliant. The only reasons I can fathom you claimed that was that you are either a moron who doesn't understand the concept of hiding info from the scum, or you are scum that just wanted to get that out there for some reason I don't understand (probably so the mafia wouldn't seem weird for knowing Org's role). In either case, you should be lynched.

So there are two possibilities. Either you're a lying scum with a very powerful role who's created a ton of WIFOM, or you're a lying, moronic townsperson who can't even read his own role PM or posts made by Webadict and has helped the scum. Guess what? Both are bad for the town, I want you gone.

The scum team is, I think, chaoticjosh, Janus, and Org. Janus shouldn't of contacted cj. You could of been a useful role for making sure the scum weren't lying about their roles, but no. You had to go reveal yourself early. Org is lurking something fierce and pulled some crap on his role-info that just seems a little... off. And of course, cj lied on his role claim, which I don't understand why he would do so. Was he expecting to not get found out? Was he expecting a mafia member to back him up? It doesn't make any sense to me. Did you think that we wouldn't find out there was no nonvoter in the setup? Please, go into detail as to why you decided to lie. You said it was a lapse of judgement, what was your plan?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2009, 01:15:46 am »

DON'T talk down to me! I asked questions about my role, and WA gave me FALSE ANSWERS! HE ADMITTED THIS! Don't say I didn't know anything about it when I DID!

Also, HOW is me claiming to target Org stupid? He CLAIMED just a few posts earlier! ARE YOU READING THE SAME THINGS I'M READING?!

And you ask what was my plan? Do you not understand lapse in judgment? I DIDN'T HAVE ONE! THAT'S WHY IT WAS A DUMB MOVE!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2009, 02:07:05 am »

Trying to sleep now, I'm backing the extension request - I need time to actually analyze this instead of making sleepy no-content posts.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2009, 03:10:38 am »

DON'T talk down to me! I asked questions about my role, and WA gave me FALSE ANSWERS! HE ADMITTED THIS! Don't say I didn't know anything about it when I DID!

Also, HOW is me claiming to target Org stupid? He CLAIMED just a few posts earlier! ARE YOU READING THE SAME THINGS I'M READING?!

And you ask what was my plan? Do you not understand lapse in judgment? I DIDN'T HAVE ONE! THAT'S WHY IT WAS A DUMB MOVE!

This proves something for me. Well, two somethings. One, I'm a dick on the internet, but more importantly, I don't think you claimed the number of votes you could steal wrong on purpose. Don't take that the wrong way, I still don't know how you could of gotten it wrong and decided you were so knowledgable on the subject you told everybody you could only steal one vote (Post the PM's Webadict sent you after the game is over and we'll see, since I am aware Webadict said it was confusing. When the mod agrees with one side, that's usually a good sign that side's right.). Yes, I just trolled chaoticjosh to get a reaction out of him. No hard feelings, right  :-\

Of course, this doesn't tell me a whole lot. I still think the only two explanations for your lying are thinking one of your scum buddies had your role info PM by mistake or trying to bus your scum partners. Anything else doesn't make sense to me. Lying on a claim is not an "Oops" kind of mistake. That was deliberate. The incorrect assessment of scum role PM's would be an absolutly ridiculous mistake to make, but possible if you have bad scum teamates. The bussing option seems the most likely to me, but that plan has major holes as well. Mostly, nobody was seriously attacking you for lying on your claim until I did so. I guess I get negative attention drawn to me, but it also leaves you lynched, so it's worth it.

Did you note how I left out the option of you just being a moronic townie? Wanna know why I left that out? Because I highly doubt you're that stupid, plain and simple.

Now, I want everybody to list their suspiscions and reasonings for them before the day ends. This is why we're getting a day extention, after all.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2009, 04:51:49 am »

Leafsnail: I don't want to doubt Leaf's intelligence here, but his roleclaim felt.. staged. Like it was deliberated on, not by himself, but by a group, that he was ordered to do it.
It was staged, to some extent.  I'd been thinking about doing it and the consequences for all day, and had already written the post several times and "deleted" (read: not posted) it.

And, to be honest, it's not like josh to make basic mistakes like that.  I know we all make mistakes, but josh has shown time and time again that he's very good at weighing up and calculating things.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2009, 05:44:23 am »

Sorry I was asleep. About to go to school.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2009, 06:41:29 am »

If Sir Josh flips town, we should lynch Mr.Person.  Aye?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24