Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: When Sieges go wrong  (Read 1680 times)

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Sieges go wrong
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 02:39:37 pm »

So this is year 3.  2 orc seiges had attacked before, but I had simply pulled up the drawbridge and waited till they left.  No problems.  However, I missed the human caravan both times because of this.  This year I caught it.

I've finally got a military (10 marksdwarves, 10 axedwarves.  Got steel production going too!)  when the orcs show up again.  Dwarven Caravans coming, and I'm out of silk cloth for a fey dwarf I'm quite attached to.  So I figure I'll send out my military and take care of it.

I've built a long corridor leading up to my fort, all outside with no roof.  Marksdwarves sit at the "gatehouse" and are able to see this whole corridor.  I figure I'll send my axedwarves out to stand in the middle to slow/stop the orcs, lock them out, and then leave the marksdwarves up there to shoot.   Should work like a charm.

The marksdwarves promptly, instead of going to the location I told them to, run outside UNDERNEATH the gatehouse.   2 of the axedwarves stay where I want them, while the rest of them go the long way around, presumably to stand near my designated station, except oustide the walls.

Oh, and one of them goes to take a drink at the brook all the way across the map.

Yea...  and that military was friends with pretty much everyone else in the fort.  Wheeee tantrum spiral.

(I was attached to that fort and tried to reclaim btw.  The orcs that where hanging out from the seige that broke me where listed as friendly.   Till the next seige....
"Why are there suddenly 20 angry orcs inside my fortress?  GAH!!!")
Pages: 1 [2]