Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Super-Lyncher Mafia Night 1 (REREAD THE LYNCH POST, ERROR CORRECTED)  (Read 11785 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Super-Lyncher Mafia Sign-ups
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 12:03:39 am »

Alright, I'll join in. 

I might also suggest that the reviver/saulus/judas revive after a nightkill or lynch.  Gives extra incentive for the mafia to kill Judas, by any means necessary...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 12:29:46 am »

I briefly considered having no mafia kills at all, actually, but I realized how easy that makes the lyncher's job.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 04:10:48 pm »

Leafsnail, did you want in? There's still tons of room for people to sign up.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 04:13:16 pm »

Um, I will be away next Friday.  Would that be ok?  If it is, I'll sign up.  (bear in mind I'll probably be dead by then).

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 04:30:00 pm »

I was gonna start Monday, but I'd be willing to start earlier. It'd probably be fine, since we only have 6 right now. We'll see how many people sign up and go from there. Thanks for the heads up, if nothing else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 12:48:20 am »

I'm not doing much till classes start again next month, count me in. At least here, I have a chance of being scum AND town. :-D
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 07:39:14 pm »

Bump, there's still lots of room to join, if anybody else wants in.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 07:55:34 pm »

* Servant Corps signs up.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 02:01:34 pm »

I'm sending out the role PM's now. Here's the flavor. I know, you guys don't care, but I do.

Journal Entry 1

Aaaah, Africa is a wonderous place, is it not? I am about to begin my expedition to a small African village with the strangest of rituals. Apparently, the believe that if the village does a ritual sacrifice, the person will be judged and brough to Paradise if they did well in life. Thus just seems like an excuse for a murderous lynch-mob to off the least liked members of the community, journal. Still, they have promised not to lynch me as long as I don't attack them and stay out of their affairs, which I will gladly do.

I have already learned the language of the villagers and they have agree'd to let me watch them, in exhange for some trinkets and supplies. Specifically, some of them wanted guns, to hunt with. This all seemed reasonable, so I agreed. When I arrive at the village, I shall write again.

Journal Entry 2

We have arrived at the village. There seems to be a dispute among the villagers. Apparently, there is a group of them called the "All-Seeing Truth" that thinks the lynching system is false and that true justice should be brought by humans, not the gods. It seems the group has used one of the guns I brought the village to shoot other members of the village. Oh dear, journal! Although they seem to dislike that I had a hand in all this, they have allowed me to stay, which I shall do. This all sounds fascinating!

The villagers have agree'd that something must be done about this group of hulligans. Much of the village has agreed to go along with the All-Seeing Truth, but because of the actions of other now-dead villagers, only 8 potential All-Seeing Truth members remain. The town has agree'd to lynch off one of these people a day, to be decided by the group, so as to either stop the All-Seeing Truth or elminate the All-Seeing Truth's last enemies. These 8 villagers have the following names, roughly translated into English:

1. Org
2. ToonyMan
3. Mephansteras
4. Pandarsenic
5. Frelock
6. JanusTwoface
7. Servant Corps
8. Leafsnail

(OOC: If anybody wants to replace Leafsnail on Friday, that's still an option. I think I accidentally didn't send one person a role PM. If you haven't gotten yours, please PM and I'll correct this error. On the other hand, I think I might of sent one person two role PM's. If so, sorry about that!
Also, yes, the game has started.)

I estimate that there are only 2 members in the All-Seeing Truth. I also guess that they have a private place to post messages and reminders to each other. I will now attempt to transcribe what the villagers said to each other.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:36:47 pm by Mr.Person »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Super-Lyncher Mafia Day 1
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 03:22:31 pm »

2/8=25%.

A quarter of us are not one of us.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 03:25:13 pm »

Indeed.

So, ToonyMan, who do you think these people might be?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 03:30:58 pm »

This could be more complicated than a normal mafia game, since many of us have strange and conflicting roles.  I'm up for it though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 03:42:49 pm »

Indeed.

So, ToonyMan, who do you think these people might be?

No clue.  I'll random vote Pandarsenic for the time being.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 03:47:31 pm »

This could be more complicated than a normal mafia game, since many of us have strange and conflicting roles.  I'm up for it though.
Indeed it could.  And this post should help.

Two things:

First, I'm going to go right out and say this: I am neither town nor mafia.  Basically, the town should hold off on lynching me, because that won't help them win the game.  The mafia can nightkill me if they want to, but they already knew that.  Plus, I'm less dangerous than most of the revivers in the game.  So kill me later.

I'm perfectly happy to help the town lynch people though.  That's what Mafia is all about.  ;D

Second, I'm going to vote Leafsnail for the time being for posting without actually having much content.  Not that ToonyMan was much better, but he's already been voted for.  So Leafsnail, who do you think is scum and needs to die?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 05:12:48 pm »

It's difficult to say, Janus, but you seem to have leaped on me rather quickly, going on very little evidence.  It would also be interesting for you to elaborate on your role.

Random vote Org for the time being.  Explain yourself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6