Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Super-Lyncher Mafia Night 1 (REREAD THE LYNCH POST, ERROR CORRECTED)  (Read 11770 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Super-Lyncher Mafia Day 1
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2009, 12:22:53 am »

Well, it seems the Jester has two ways to win. They can either win with their side (Mafia/Town) or they can get themselves lynched. A Mafia Jester will always win...but I highly doubt that Super-Lyncher-Mafia is that horribly imbalanced to allow for that.

Also, if the Saulus claim is true, a way to fix this for future Super-Lyncher-Mafia is to make the Saulus a "Mafia-Ally". That way, the Saulus can't sell out his mafia buddies.

I do not trust Frelock's claim. I think he may be Jester. However, there is no way to prove it unless we lynch him and he doesn't revive. So, Frelock for now.

Also, I urge everyone to lynch all claimed Jesters. A Mafia could be hiding under a Jester claim. The Mafiso could say, "LYNCH ME!", Town says, "Nah, we won't do your bidding!", and the Mafiso gets to run around and defeat the Town. We should not let the Mafia hide under a Jester claim, so lynch all Jesters.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2009, 01:24:12 am »

Well, it seems the Jester has two ways to win. They can either win with their side (Mafia/Town) or they can get themselves lynched. A Mafia Jester will always win...but I highly doubt that Super-Lyncher-Mafia is that horribly imbalanced to allow for that.

Also, if the Saulus claim is true, a way to fix this for future Super-Lyncher-Mafia is to make the Saulus a "Mafia-Ally". That way, the Saulus can't sell out his mafia buddies.

I do not trust Frelock's claim. I think he may be Jester. However, there is no way to prove it unless we lynch him and he doesn't revive. So, Frelock for now.

Also, I urge everyone to lynch all claimed Jesters. A Mafia could be hiding under a Jester claim. The Mafiso could say, "LYNCH ME!", Town says, "Nah, we won't do your bidding!", and the Mafiso gets to run around and defeat the Town. We should not let the Mafia hide under a Jester claim, so lynch all Jesters.

Good idea, thank you. In fact, I think next round Judas will revive into mafia-ally as well.

Anyways, the Day will end late Wednesday, probably around 9pm central.

Whiteboard:
(Votee- Voters)

Toonyman- Mephansteras
Pandarsenic-  ToonyMan
Servant Corps- JanusTwoface
Frelock- Frelock, Servant Corps
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2009, 05:36:59 am »

What if Frelock is actually a reviver, and is trying to be lynched and become a confirmed towny?  But yeah, I think we do need to lynch him to find out.  Vote Frelock.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2009, 10:39:28 am »

Well, people don't flip on death in this game, so there is no way to confirm anyone.

I'm going to unvote for now. I need to ponder things.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2009, 10:42:51 am »

Well, let's see, if we lynch Frelock -

And he stays dead - he's a jester.  He's won.  Good for him.

And he survives - he could be Saulus or a reviver.  He needs to give us the name of his accomplice.  We lynch them both.  We'll have then definately got at least one mafia member.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2009, 11:14:08 am »

He's also possibly a Judas, trying to join the Mafia at which point people may trust more if they believe the story.

Or a Mad Gunman trying to take someone with him, although I think this one is less likely.

In either case, I'm going to unvote for now.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2009, 01:58:14 pm »

So Frelock... I'm not town (as I've already stated), so I don't particularly care if they win or not; however, I would like to get in touch with the mafia.  If you're telling the truth about your role, then I would appreciate it if you convince the other mafia member to contact me before you die.  So appreciative that I could even be convinced to vote for you.  ;D

Tell you what.  You tell me your role, and I'll tell you my scumbuddy.  How's that sound?

I'm an Anti-Lyncher, I need to get someone night-killed (it's not you).  Thus why it would be helpful to contact a Mafia member.

(I'd prefer you not tell anyone, but it won't matter overmuch if you do I guess ;D)

Of course.  My scumbuddy is Servant Corps.

So, Servant Corps.  Frelock tells me that you're scum.  Like I said to him, I'm not terribly stuck on the town winning, so I'd be willing to help you out, if you help me out.  How's that sound?

Basically, I need to get someone night-killed.  If you kill them for me, I'd be perfectly happy to help you out in return. ;D

(Oh, and if you're not scum, please tell me that too.  I'm not sure what I'd do with it, but it would be useful to known)

Thanks Frelock. Thanks a lot. You just confirmed to me that you could NOT be a Saulus, since if you were Saulus, you wouldn't lie to JanusTwoFace about your scumbuddy. You are either already working for the Mafia, or you are a Judas just waiting to join up with the Mafia.

You could still be a Jester just lying to JanusTwoFace for fun, but I'm thinking you are being pro-Mafia here. And if you are some sort of Madgunman Mafia dude...voting for you could be deveasting.

UNVOTE. I am not a member of the Mafia, I am pro-Town.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2009, 02:10:47 pm »

To make my statement clearer, there are possible roles Frelock that I suspect Frelock to be:

---Mad Gunman (Mafia) or SuperSaint (Mafia), trying to sacrifice himself to kill a Townie.
---Jester (Mafia/Town), trying to get himself lynched.
---Judas (Town/Mafia), trying to get himself lynched so that he can work with the Mafia. If he is a Townie Jester, this could explain why Frelock chosen my name...he doesn't know who the other scumbuddy is!
---Reviver (Mafia), hopes that by getting lynched and revived, the Town will automatically trust him, allowing him to get one free lynch.

Now, I know Frelock lied. So he is scum, but what type of scum? If he is a Jester, lynching him isn't that bad. If he is a Judas, lynching him will harm the town. And lynching a Mafia Reviver would do nothing except waste a life of Frelock.

We could lynch Frelock twice (two times to get rid of the Mafia Reviver/Judas), but if Frelock revives, he gets a random new role, so he could end up rolling Reviver again, meaning we may have lynch Frelock many, many times.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2009, 02:12:05 pm »

Well that was the second most useful response I could have gotten out of this.  ;D

Yes, I am trying to get someone night killed and I could care less if the town or the mafia wins, just so long as I get my man.  ;D  On the other hand.

The question is though, is Servant Corps telling the truth?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2009, 02:55:09 pm »

I'm sure this isn't going to end up well, trying to help both sides.  Oh well.  At least it will be interesting.

To the town:
I'm going to vote Frelock for now.  I said I would and I stand by my word.  On the other hand, I didn't say I would keep my vote on him, so if someone comes up that seems even more scummy, I'd be willing to change that.

To the scum:
I still do need to get in contact with you at some point (and I don't mean on the other side of your murder weapon of choice) to meet my goals.  I will not tell the general thread who you are if you do contact me.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2009, 03:26:40 pm »

Tell you what, guys.  If Toonyman unvotes, I'll lay all the cards out on the table.  Complete and utter truth; I swear it upon my most sacred honor.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2009, 03:31:31 pm »

Fine.

Unvote.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2009, 04:46:35 pm »

Alright, here's how it is.  Meph was indeed right(though there are plenty of other reasons I would want myself lynched in this game).  I am the Jester, and a third-party jester at that, meaning I cannot win with either town or mafia.  Therefore, I have to find a way to get myself lynched, or I lose.

Janus, I believe, is probably in a similar situation to myself.  He too is a third party, who requires the night-kill of another.  I cannot fathom that Mr. Person would give him the neigh-impossible task of making scum kill themselves.  Therefore, his target is likely a townie who needs to be night-killed in order for Janus to win.

Now, as it so happens, both of our objectives co-inside with the mafia's objective: outnumber the rest of the players.  I am an obstruction to that, as is Janus's night-kill target.  Therefore, I see no reason why we can't work together.

Currently, there are 8 players.  There are also 2 scum.  With Janus, Myself, and the 2 scum, we have tied the majority at 4 players.  Along with Mr. Person's rule that the early bird gets the worm, this means that the first one to vote gets the kill.  Hence why I asked for Toonyman to unvote (as he would have voted earlier than I).  Now, due to SC's reaction, I am fairly certain that he is not scum.  Therefore, I vote Servant Corps.  Janus should be the one to hammer, as he can win even when not alive, therefore he is protected from the super-saint.  As to if he is a mad gunman, that will bring our number down to 6, but then scum gets a kill and we're down to 5, with 3 of us(the anti-town) alive.  Should Servant Corps revive, he can simply be night-killed, and then we're at 7 with only 3 town.

This is a beneficial relationship for all of us non-town.  You, the scum, kill Janus's target, lynch me to gain majority when it's down to just the 4 of us, and then we all win.  So, scum and Janus, what say you to this?  Responses can be by PM or in this thread, I care not.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2009, 04:51:44 pm »

So, just to make this clear.  You're help yourself, town, an mafia?

This is bizarre.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2009, 04:52:01 pm »

WHY CAN'T I EDIT MY POST DAMMIT.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6