Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d12] Game crashes after load, reason unknown [repeatable, save included]  (Read 790 times)

Fuco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, i've saved a game, then loaded it back, and after about 30 to 60 seconds (didnt count) it crashes. It is probably just a coincidence that it happenes after load, because if it was the load, i'd crash right away (i suppose). I have tried pretty much everything i could think of like causing a crash, ie, finishing a job, starting a job, canceling a job, blocking a path and stuff like that. So i've disabled all jobs and job queues, suspended constructions and so on. That didn't help at all.

Then i was searching on forums a bit but with reason unknown it wasnt much of a success. I've found something about pumps and lava flow, so i've disabled all pumps but that didn't help either. And i also can't stop magma, which is now slowly filling a channel. Maybe that is the problem, if so i wont be able to fix it without memory hacking, and there's no tool for 40d12 yet :( And im not feeling like hacking DF, that's not the right way to go =)

Game is pretty mature, year 10, lots of stuff done.

I've never experienced DF crash on any version on this machine, this is the first time. I was able to "reproduce" this crash 27 times straight, each time with different jobs canceled, or some changes in orders etc.

Save file: http://fuller.gjgt.sk/df/region5.zip
DF used: 40d12 (at least i hope, here's exe MD5: 6ea1de36af8e1666bd6478736e298c4c)
Mods used: none, i've only edited SIZE for goblins and humans to 1, coz i wasn't feeling like i want to fight them. Military is one thing i don't like much in this game - at least for now. You can change this on the fly and it will take effect after restart, it shouldn't be a problem. I've done it more then once and it never caused crashes.

Error message displayed: I have MS Visual Studio 2008 installed, it offeres me debugging of df.exe. All it says is
"An unhandled win32 exception occured in Dwarf Fortress.exe [PROCESS PID]." Windows doesn't provide any message. When i click yes, it will load the assembly, but that doesn't help me at all (at least not without spending week figuring it out).

Without a debug build i think i can't provide you with more info. If anything is missing, please let me know and ill post the required info ASAP.

Thanks, i hope this will help to fix any problem that there might be, i really like this fort and im eager to continue!

Much love to you,
Matt

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 02:08:08 pm by Fuco »