Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Redux suggestions.  (Read 51203 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play... The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2009, 04:19:35 pm »

First image is broken.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2009, 04:27:40 pm »

Fixed.
!!&!!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2009, 09:40:32 pm »

I really like that writ. It's TASTEH.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2009, 07:33:17 pm »

Might I recommend exploring at this point? You can get some good cash running rounds from mines, but you only get good treasures from going through dungeons. Also, most mines are egg mines, and eggs are heavy and not worth all that much. One of the Hlallu quests has you go into an ebony mine, however, so that's a start. The Caldera mine is an ebony mine as well, I think.

Also, more pretty pictures.

Bumped.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2009, 08:24:51 pm »

Taunt the miners to distract them while you steal the ebony . . .

Okay, that sounds odd.  But don't worry, they'll be too focused on the taunts.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2009, 08:26:55 pm »

Taunt the miners to distract them while you steal the ebony . . .

Okay, that sounds odd.  But don't worry, they'll be too focused on the taunts.
That sounds really funny, actually.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2009, 01:09:37 am »

Actually, I've just wrapped up a bit of the Morag Tong stuff. Where I end up puts me out in the wastes. A good place as any to snap pictures and explore around.
!!&!!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2009, 01:45:22 am »

I leave the Arena in high spirits. I was on the hunt, with my first Writ of Honorable Execution in hand. I promptly took a peasant's boat over to the Hlaalu Canton, and poked around the waistworks until I found the cornerclub I was looking for.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I ask for the man I seek, and am pointed to the gentleman standing with his face to the wall opposite the door. I walk over to him, wordlessly, quietly, and examine him carefully. He is my prey after all. Prey. In my hunter's mindset, I don't care to worry about propriety. Eventually, he seems to get angry with my fascination and plotting.
(I don't like the way you've been looking at me)

I answered him with a shrug, and casually jammed my Wakizashi in his gut. Unphased by this, he began casting forth magics of various kinds while the others in the room looked on in horror. So I stabbed him again, slashed him across the face, until I had eventually beaten his body into the wall so hard, it was difficult to tell where his body ended, and the wall began. Brutal, maybe, but not my problem.

I leave the Cornerclub and am immediately accosted by an Ordinator. I dutifully present my Writ of Execution to him, and he sends me on my way with a shrug and a nod.

Just like that, I'm in. The Morag Tong takes me as a full member. I'm granted another mission, this time to kill a hermit Ashlander.

I've never been to Tel Aruhn, or even out in that general area of Vvardenfell, and from the looks of it, I'll be going a good way off the beaten path to find my mark. It gives me an idea; Find my mark, and make way back to Balmora from there, over unfamiliar terrain. After all, most writs, aside from the special ones, can be handed out at any guild house.

I grab the boat outside of Vivec, and set sail for Tel Aruhn.

The place is damn freaky. In fact, I think I've seen this type of Bizarre growth out of the ground before from the mountain tops. Are they Telvanni controlled spires? Kind of frightening. But I'm not here to poke around here. I leave, and set my heading for the south west coast, dive in the water, an slowly swim away. A few minutes in I climb up onto a small island, and look on. I think I can just make out the yurt I'm looking for, like a lump on the shore.

Again, I dive in, and swim on, to that shore, and soon, I'm standing just outside the door to his house. For a moment, as I shove my way inside, I almost feel sorry for him.

But he decides to attack me the very second I step inside, as if he knew I was an assassin or something. Sure, I was, but it's wrong to make assumptions. What a jerk!

I rend him asunder,
and taunt him as he gurgles on blood welling up his throat. Then, I drag the body out the door, to leave for the Cliff Racers... I make myself at home.
!!&!!

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2009, 02:04:15 am »

Hmm, do you know what really helps for these long winded assassination missions? Flying...
You need to find yourself some accessories (or enchant yourself) that give you the levitate ability. Or even better, find a pair of the boots of blinding speed and combine with levitate. This will really help for the assassination quests that require you to go far out into the middle of nowhere as you can just fly there instead of walking, reaching the target in a fraction of the time. Whenever you want to look around simply unequip the boots for a few seconds. A hotkey here really helps.

These fabled boots are rumored to be:

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2009, 12:34:47 pm »

Hmm, do you know what really helps for these long winded assassination missions? Flying...
You need to find yourself some accessories (or enchant yourself) that give you the levitate ability. Or even better, find a pair of the boots of blinding speed and combine with levitate. This will really help for the assassination quests that require you to go far out into the middle of nowhere as you can just fly there instead of walking, reaching the target in a fraction of the time. Whenever you want to look around simply unequip the boots for a few seconds. A hotkey here really helps.

These fabled boots are rumored to be:
Can we read this as "stabbity stab stab stab"?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2009, 12:40:09 pm »

Man, we are an evil bastard.

MOAR!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2009, 12:40:47 pm »

I was under the impression that the speed of levitation depended on the potency of the spell and not on your actual speed.

Also, the Telvanni are awesome. Creating unholy growths in the middle of nowhere to live in, general dicking about because they are bored and how goddam crazy they all are.

The dwarves did not die out in Vvardenfell, they merely created the Telvanni.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2009, 12:41:42 pm »

I was under the impression that the speed of levitation depended on the potency of the spell and not on your actual speed.

Also, the Telvanni are awesome. Creating unholy growths in the middle of nowhere to live in, general dicking about because they are bored and how goddam crazy they all are.

So, stabbity stab stab stab?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2009, 12:47:21 pm »

I was thinking zappity zap zap. Although stab and zap are not exclusive in this game.

No enchanted weapon yet?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2009, 12:48:31 pm »

My theory about the dwarves in the Elder Scrolls universe is they warped themselves to a plane of Oblivion.

Yes, the Telvanni are awesome. It gets even better when you realize that the standard way to solve disputes in the Telvanni is dueling. To the death. After all, if you're able to win, OBVIOUSLY your arguement had more merit! Same applies for stealing, by the way. If you're able to take it, you MUST be the rightful owner! The Telvanni don't have rules, really. If you get kicked out of the Telvanni, you can get reinsated without any penalty or warning. They don't give a shit. You can even be a fucking vampire, they don't care.

Plus, the rewards they give you are fucking awesome.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14