Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Dawntide, an MMO in development  (Read 32106 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide, an MMO in development
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2011, 01:24:51 am »

Hopefully people will stop falling through the world one day :P

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2011, 07:37:16 am »

I was lead to believe there was a reptile race in this game, right up until I installed it and went to character creation.

After a thorough forum search, I can only conclude that (for all the talk of their 'pleasing animations' etc) they don't actually exist.

/uninstalls, disappointed. :(
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2011, 07:48:41 am »

Hopefully people will stop falling through the world one day :P
You mean that hasn't stopped yet? Darn. I was hoping to take another look at this.

I was lead to believe there was a reptile race in this game, right up until I installed it and went to character creation.

After a thorough forum search, I can only conclude that (for all the talk of their 'pleasing animations' etc) they don't actually exist.

/uninstalls, disappointed. :(
Odd. There was supposed to be. The game's help/lore/etc. stuff most certainly said there was one, and I know there's an lizardman NPC in the starting town.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2011, 08:42:26 am »

I haven't fallen through the world once. I'm having some inventory problems, but haven't fallen through the ground.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2011, 11:32:46 am »

So, how complete is the game now? What can you do?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2011, 05:09:05 pm »

I haven't fallen through the world once. I'm having some inventory problems, but haven't fallen through the ground.
Actually, I think they fixed the fall-through-world issue when I was playing, several months ago. Mostly, anyway.

I do remember inventory problems, espcially when it tries to put non-money objects into a coin purse(they enter nth-dimensional space, you couldn't access it, but sometimes counted you as having it) when you do something that poofs an item into your inventory(like mining).

So, how complete is the game now? What can you do?
Haven't checked it, but when I played, you could do quite a bit already. Most things were craftable, including boats and houses, though boats might have been broken at the time(fall-through-world and collision issues).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2011, 05:30:22 pm »

So B12 is making a village right? We'll need multiple people with different skills such as Masonry, Carpentry, Cooking, and more.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2011, 05:39:04 pm »

Well, making factions should work(they did when I played), so why the hell not?

I could be the village healer/necromancer. Got hurt? Heal! Healing didn't work and you died? Raise skeleton!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2011, 05:48:27 pm »

I'll play builder. Carpentry/Masonry, that stuff.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2011, 05:57:55 pm »

Well, making factions should work(they did when I played), so why the hell not?

I could be the village healer/necromancer. Got hurt? Heal! Healing didn't work and you died? Raise skeleton!

That. Is sig worthy.

How is pvp in the game? How does the magic system work? Any Crowd Control abilities?

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2011, 06:02:51 pm »

Joining the game. I can play until Friday, then will not be available until next week, because I am moving.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2011, 06:03:40 pm »

And to add to the questions: is there a list of skills/systems that have actually been implemented so far? Can I actually tame anything or do enchanting/make runes/however that works?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2011, 06:11:10 pm »

Played it for a while months ago... what's new?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2011, 06:40:45 pm »

Seems pretty intuitive interface.

Also there is a skill cap, so specialization is rather necessary. I'm going to be the weaponsmith.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:08 pm »

And to add to the questions: is there a list of skills/systems that have actually been implemented so far? Can I actually tame anything or do enchanting/make runes/however that works?
Last I played, the only skills that didn't work were Mounted Combat(or whatever it was), Gunnery, and the naval skills(of which Gunnery might be one).

I'm downloading the downloader, and looking at the website. There is indeed a lizardman race.

About FPS: Dunno. That might have been one of the reasons I stopped playing. It wasn't too bad after a certain point, so they might have.

@NOTEDIT: Finished downloading installer, downloading updates. No idea how long it will take, but the installer was 33MB, but the last time I played, to folder was over 1GB.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28