Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: Dawntide, an MMO in development  (Read 32071 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide, an MMO in development
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2010, 06:07:20 pm »

It is the lagpocalypse now, dear god. Definitely not ready to open :P
D:

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2010, 06:23:03 pm »

Actually, it's looks like my name's gonna be Kleeron. That is all.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2010, 06:24:57 pm »

I installed this intending to start a character of the lizardman race, as described on the website.
Got into the game, and apparently they're not implemented yet. But there's two races that aren't on the site.

Misleading much? I guess I'll wait a while before trying it out so I don't have to start over. :/

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2010, 06:26:04 pm »

I'm doing Vynn.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2010, 06:38:23 pm »

If the beta is like a normal beta, You'd have to start over anyway when the game is released.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2010, 06:47:08 pm »

I'm looking at the features of this game, and I like what I see. I like it a lot.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2010, 06:48:24 pm »

The installation for this game rivals WoW's for epicness.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2010, 07:09:54 pm »

Alright, downloading now. If only my crappy download manager didn't inexplicably stop my internet every minute or so. It's really annoying :-\.

Gonna go the not lizardman race Vynn. Most likely going to train blacksmithing, as well as possibly gunnery, because naval battles are awesome-kickass. And necromancy. That's awesome-kickass too.

I'm assuming it's a given that we're going to form a Bay 12 faction?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2010, 07:16:57 pm »

Welp, got in as Nenjin. Starting area was pure death, but once I got outside of town things smoothed out (to about 15 fps, anyways.)

Gathered some herbs, killed a rabbit and skinned him, and saw the named bunny that must have done others in.

Then I moved across a cell line and the game locked up. I should have taken a hint when I saw two other people running in place on the other side of the cell.

I did get a classic EQ flashback immediately upon logging in though. A pile of naked corpses sitting in the main room. I'll check back on this later.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2010, 08:27:09 pm »

If you're getting some ten frames per second at the start, just know that so is everyone else. Turning off shadows and getting to a different cell are supposed to help.

Also, set DT's priority to "below normal" to avoid input issues.

You seem to have misunderstood me.  My machine cannot run this.  I'm not running it poorly, I am incapable of getting it to start.  My computer does not have the required hardware to support it, and so the program crashes the instant I run the executable.

That's what I mean by not being able to run it.

Does it give you a runtime error? It did this to me every time i tried to run the thing, running it as admin fixed it though, theres two exe's in the folder, one's the game and the other is the patcher so make sure you either have them both set as admin, or just the game and run it from that instead of the patcher.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2010, 09:17:39 pm »

Cripes, just lost the big reply I had written up...  Goddamn mysterious "back" button that hides in strange places on my keyboard.  Also, goddamn Firefox for choosing this moment to not save my post.

Suffice to say that I have an nVidia 6800 GT.  My video card is utterly incapable of supporting the shader whatsits that Dawntide needs in order to run.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2010, 09:22:56 pm »

Ahh fair doos then, that sucks :(

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2010, 10:31:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure I can run it. Hell, I can run Shattered Horizon on near-full settings(setting AA to x4 or x8 causes wierdness), at least 50-60 FPS, and little lag.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2010, 12:13:40 am »

Welp, got in as Nenjin. Starting area was pure death, but once I got outside of town things smoothed out (to about 15 fps, anyways.)

Gathered some herbs, killed a rabbit and skinned him, and saw the named bunny that must have done others in.

Then I moved across a cell line and the game locked up. I should have taken a hint when I saw two other people running in place on the other side of the cell.

I did get a classic EQ flashback immediately upon logging in though. A pile of naked corpses sitting in the main room. I'll check back on this later.

Not a coincidence, the studio started as the devs of a popular EQ server, SoD I believe it was (can't currently remember the acronym's meaning)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2010, 01:08:46 am »

The game locks up as soon as I log in and click on play.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28