Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Bay City Detectives - Devlog  (Read 4986 times)

[P]sYDoNiA

• Bay Watcher
  • Quick, Hide the Weed!
    • View Profile
The Bay City Detectives - Devlog
« on: August 05, 2009, 04:20:07 am »

Hi everyone,

I know what happened to the last game I started... (Didn't even get past it's first turn! :o)
And it failed due to unforeseen circumstances.

Well now I'm back with a new idea and concept for a forum game.

You play as a detective in the fictional Bay City.
Bay City is beautiful metropolitan city, home to millions. Bay City is located on its own little slice of paradise; the Jewel archepelagio. Nestled on the interlocking Ruby and Indigo islands, Bay City sprawls over the island terrain.

You are freelance police, working for the Department of Criminal Investigation, more commonly refered to as DCI. The life here is mostly gentle and idyllic, but unbeknownst to the majority of the inhabitants, B(ay)C(ity) is ravaged day and night by criminals. The DCI work hard to keep crime rates low and to apprehend these felons.

This is where you come in.

You are an investigator, contracted to solve these crimes. You will recieve clues and information from the forensic analysts to begin your investigation. You can also travel to the crime scenes and use your wit and your perception to find additional clues. Trawl the internet and libraries to unearth old newspapers and reports that may throw new light into your investigation. Interrogate your suspects in the Grill and try to wean as much information as you can.

This is Bay City Detective RPG.

This Forum Game is unique from a number of others.

There will be multiple DMs. Each will seperately be incharge of different things; Some will create NPCs and deal with the matter of lore. Others will flesh out the city and its districts, creating an immersive world.

This will have episodic cases, basically multiple plot lines made by the DMs. It will take place in the city and the surrounding islands.

In case you haven't yet noticed, this is a the Bay 12 Forums citified. I guess that a few NPCs will be named after the forum goers.

How to play it? Read on...

To play, an episode will be selected by me or some other DM. The first person/people to post their character bio will be accepted.
If you have been accepted, your character will then be placed into the plot to begin.

Interested? Well please read on.

How to create a character...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stat Section...

Traits Section...

How to do stuff...

NOTE: This is still WIP and I haven't finished up things yet, I mostly just posted this as a 'kind of' request for help. I would like it if someone wrote some things about Bay City and expanded it out as a city. Im not too fussed what comes out cause I will just edit it slightly.

Please leave a reply if interested.

DO NOT MAKE A CHARACTER OR RESERVE SPOTS YET
This should be finished in 1-3 days.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 12:21:13 am by [P]sYDoNiA »
//The Knight of PsYDoNiA\\
\\     .:JoiN The Order:.   //

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay City Detectives - A Community RPG
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 04:27:39 am »

I am really interested. This sounds like my kind of thing, and I can't wait to see it get off the ground!  ;D
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:30:11 am »

Watchin' dis.

Also, why can you only be male or female? D:
What if people want to be genderless or hermaphrodite?

[P]sYDoNiA

• Bay Watcher
  • Quick, Hide the Weed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 04:32:11 am »

@Little

Thanks for the interest. I hope more people take a notice in this soon...

@Jack_Bread

This is set in modern times you know...
And also because I am a bigot.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 04:35:25 am »

Still possible, you know?

[P]sYDoNiA

• Bay Watcher
  • Quick, Hide the Weed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 04:38:13 am »

Well, I guess because this is community feedback based, I'll change it...

Done and done.

[P]sYDoNiA

• Bay Watcher
  • Quick, Hide the Weed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 04:42:50 am »

Well, I'm signing off for the night

But before I go I will share with you guys some of the plots im working on...

Lacuna Scion

A 10 year cold case is solved – a child snatched from his house. The kidnapper has been apprehended, the case closed, but strangely enough… No record of the kid exists. No parents, no relatives. Just what is going on?

Macabre Art

A whole barrage of violent homicides rips through the city. It is the work of a serial killer – one who views it as an art. Can you stop the madness?

Achilles’ Vengeance

There was once a lonely old stockbroker. He was murdered and all of his money stolen by an intrepid gang of robbers. One by one, the robbers have turned up dead, with their body mutilated and a single piece missing. Who is extracting all this vengeance?

Thats my first basic thought on these things, if anyone has something they would like to share, that'd be fantastic.

~Cheers

N' Good Nite.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 04:43:06 am »

:D
AWESOME!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 04:57:32 am »

This definetely sounds interesting, I hope it will be up and running soon.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 05:39:02 am »

Gonna watch this and wait for you to start,
Good creation on the Info that you have given us so far...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 05:55:04 am »

I'm really liking this. I'm going to be one of those hardboiled types with a heart of gold, but then it turns out I was faking it, then I shoot everyone in the back and laugh!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 09:25:16 am »

This looks pretty interesting actually. I'm totally gonna be one of those "nearly as bad as the killers" types.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 11:31:06 am »

I await the thrilling conclusion whereupon we struggle with the criminals in the darkness of the half-completed Asimov building, only to have them save us and then die, leaving us to wonder if we aren't the real criminals.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 03:04:54 pm »

My guy is going to the naive rookie cop, who hasn't seen the horrors of a city yet.  ;D
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

[P]sYDoNiA

• Bay Watcher
  • Quick, Hide the Weed!
    • View Profile
The Bay City Detectives - A Community RPG
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 12:10:29 am »

Howdy Ho.

Thanks for all the happy thoughts people, but I need some of you guys to contribute... also I'm gonna share some ideas.

You guys can contribute by writing some lore out...
Quite simply, write descriptions on people, both shady and noble.
Alternatively you could do companies or various buildings and areas of interest...

For example:

See? That wasn't that hard. About 15 minutes of writing. Now Bay City is so much more richer and established. I would like it if you guys did some simple things like that too.

I'm probably gonna rename this thread to 'Devlog' as I am probably going to make a completely new thread for the actual forum game, because it will be quite a few days before this gets up n' running.

Also, I'm thinking of adding skills... Not to sure and certain about that.. But I'll share with you some of the preliminary ideas I have so far.

The idea is that there are the Physical, Mental and Social trees, and their respective statistics underneath that. I wasn't going to add skills because that would too much of a chore and confusion... But I'll share with you guys the stuff I have thought of.

Proposed Skills... Draft #1

Just a first draft. Will add the Social tree skills later. What do you guys think about this?

Again, I will say it...

PLEASE HELP!

EDIT: Spoiler'd the Example
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 12:32:47 am by [P]sYDoNiA »
Pages: [1] 2 3