Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Fat Dwarfs  (Read 15878 times)

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fat Dwarfs
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2009, 10:59:16 am »

Cats will have a new "Sarcasm" personality trait that is tied exclusively to their weight, along with a propensity for lukewarm comedy.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2009, 11:12:47 am »

OI! They will have a preference for lukewarm comedy with the occasional outright hilarity.

If you're referencing what I think you are.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2009, 04:03:17 pm »

Rollers should get an unhappy thought from going up/down staircases

I actually think that's a good idea (although it would have to be a certain amount of staircases and should also apply to lazy dwarves)

It could serve as a deterrent against:
a. letting dwarves become too fat
b. having too many z levels

This and burrows = WIN

There already is a deterrent to having fat dwarves: They'll be slower.

Having to go up and down stairs too often should be irritating for anyone, not just fat guys.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2009, 09:18:17 pm »

Rollers should get an unhappy thought from going up/down staircases

I actually think that's a good idea (although it would have to be a certain amount of staircases and should also apply to lazy dwarves)

It could serve as a deterrent against:
a. letting dwarves become too fat
b. having too many z levels

This and burrows = WIN

There already is a deterrent to having fat dwarves: They'll be slower.

Having to go up and down stairs too often should be irritating for anyone, not just fat guys.
Thats why I liven things up by jumping the last 3-6 steps which I'm convinced is more likely to break the floor than my legs.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2009, 11:27:05 pm »

The joke was that rolling down or up staircases is rather unpleasant, not that they were lazy.
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2009, 11:31:51 pm »

Cats will have a new "Sarcasm" personality trait that is tied exclusively to their weight, along with a propensity for lukewarm comedy.
I dunno, sometimes they're better without the speaking, or not being there at all.

Omnidum

• Bay Watcher
  • Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2009, 10:52:23 am »

What I wonder is, will these kinds of changes affect non-Dwarves?  Will the King of Goblins be an Ahnold style Terminator of muscles, or perhaps some hyper-skinny waif, or even a right proper ball of lard, like all good kings?

Goblin Kings (who are not always goblins) are responsible for almost all of my recruit deaths, thanks to their love of crossbows. These are kings who go out and personally wreck your face.

Compare them to dwarf kings, who basically sit at home and make demands.

Gobbo kings'd better look like Ahnold! (Although being fat would probably give you more protection against blunt attacks?)

Jareth begs to differ.
this topic is about guys punching themselves in the balls, and nothing else

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2009, 11:39:40 am »

I never really thought about it, Jareth looking so much different from his underlings after all, but since that is where Toady's goblins took their inspiration...

Huh.  Turns out this whole time I've been slaughtering not knobby little greenskins, but in fact glam rockers.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2009, 12:09:28 pm »

I never really thought about it, Jareth looking so much different from his underlings after all, but since that is where Toady's goblins took their inspiration...

Huh.  Turns out this whole time I've been slaughtering not knobby little greenskins, but in fact glam rockers.
The goblin king is frequently a spirit of fire, right?

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2009, 12:29:42 pm »

The goblin king is frequently a spirit of fire, right?
No he's usally the generic Deamon, at least from my experiance.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]