Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: will goblins drown?  (Read 3372 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: will goblins drown?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 05:37:25 am »

(was under the impression that a cage on a Animal-type stockpile acceptign that creature would not 'pass on' a Dump select to the contents, but I might very well be wrong about that)

I don't mean this to sound insulting; but you are.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 05:46:16 am »

(was under the impression that a cage on a Animal-type stockpile acceptign that creature would not 'pass on' a Dump select to the contents, but I might very well be wrong about that)

I don't mean this to sound insulting; but you are.
No insult taken.  The way I did it worked well with how I dealt with the caged enemies, anyway.  I may or may not  change the way I do things, with this new/corrected information under my belt...  ;D

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2009, 07:20:50 pm »

Yes, I've found that a handful of marksdwarves can make simple matters out of otherwise difficult problems.

If something isn't working out to your favor, adding a squad of marksdwarves can only make it better.

Tantrum spiral. That is all.

Tantruming marksdwarves in the meeting hall noble quarters.

Remember, losing is fun. ;)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2009, 01:46:02 am »

People still dump stuff from the stocks screen? v-select creature-I-Enter on item you want to dump-d-space-go down and dump everything else you want.

It's great for stealing stuff from Merchants, without angering them.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2009, 04:22:23 pm »

It's great for stealing stuff from Merchants, without angering them.

Unless it's changed, merchants only count the value of everything/everyone they entered the map with, VS the value of what they leave the map with - it doesn't matter how you take it, or even if it was all the gobbo's fault, if they leave with less than they came with, it's counted against you.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 03:38:14 am »

Well, i still sell them stuff, so i wouldn't know if they get p***ed off or not.

Either way, it's still a lot quicker than going through the stocks screen...
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 07:55:27 am »

You can't look at enemy's inventories through the v menu when they are in cages. 

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 09:59:56 am »

You can't look at enemy's inventories through the v menu when they are in cages. 
Assuming you know what is/is not marked for dumping already (nothing at all, within the relevent categories of armour, clothing and weaponry makes things easier, unless they're also in the abit of lugging blocks of rhyolite around :)) then checking the stocks screen for dump items (and those items that have been dumped and that are now {forbidden} works.

And even when you haven't already laboriously catalogued the pre-existing status, you can usually work it out that the clothing/armour types that are narrow or whatever (and tagged appropriately) are the ones you just selected, but there are a few disavdvatages with that.  So checking the inventory of a caged combatant would definitely be on the top ten of my hoped-for features as of the next interface juggling.
Pages: 1 2 [3]