Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 542518 times)

Krall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #960 on: January 13, 2013, 07:58:07 am »

2nded, Cacame wouldn't be wielding some low quality poverty-hammer. Give him the real shit! http://images.wikia.com/pjdf/images/2/2f/Warhammer_render.jpg This looks more like what Cacame would use, although sadly, I'm pretty sure the lore only allows him one of them...

I really don't find unrealistic weapons like that cool at all. Real weapons aren't made to look good - they're made for killing (and/or injuring), and I find no-nonsense realism to be much more "dwarfish" than unrealistic, over-the-top design.

Other than that it looks pretty sweet, maybe a bit more cheekbones to make him look more manly? As he was;
a pretty Dwarfy elf

I did try giving him defined cheekbones, but it looked more like a weird scar. Plus, I'm trying to actively avoid making him look "manly" - people can be badass without being ultra-masculine, and I imagine Cacame as the embodiment of male-yet-feminine badassery.

Drawing Cacame ? Well, you must draw him in Frank Frazetta style, of course !

*Googles*

Eh, I'm not really into overmuscled nigh-naked men.  :P

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 13, 2013, 08:23:06 am »

Anyway, the hammer is too small.
I doubt that this little hammer would allow him to do things like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Krall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 13, 2013, 09:04:15 am »

I don't see how an anvil on a stick would make such feats any easier - if anything it'd be harder, because the increased weight of the weapon would make swings very slow and hard to aim.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 13, 2013, 09:23:19 am »

I don't see how an anvil on a stick would make such feats any easier - if anything it'd be harder, because the increased weight of the weapon would make swings very slow and hard to aim.

Well a blunt weapon with a large contact area like a anvil on a stick doing ths would be more realistic than a small warhammer.
The warhammer would probably plow right through the targets torso and come out on the other side without propeling him much (altho it'd probably destroy half of his internal organs and spine).
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 13, 2013, 12:04:12 pm »

It's all about mass. The Swing will only be negligibly slower if he's fighting gravity; most hammer blows are either sideways (full body rotation) or down (dropping the hammer) so a heavier hammer won't really affect that. It will be very hard to aim, however.
Still, a bigger hammer = more inertia = more force. Size isn't really an issue, but unless we're making a hammer out of super-dense materials, if we want to hit someone so hard they go flying, bigger is better.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 13, 2013, 01:50:38 pm »

I always imagined Cacame swinging the hugeass maul like it's made of paper, anyway.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 13, 2013, 03:06:28 pm »

2nded, Cacame wouldn't be wielding some low quality poverty-hammer. Give him the real shit! http://images.wikia.com/pjdf/images/2/2f/Warhammer_render.jpg This looks more like what Cacame would use ...
You are confusing a maul with a war-hammer.  His depiction of Cacame with a war-hammer is definitely the better way to go with it unless Cacame used a maul in combat.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

3df6c

• Bay Watcher
  • Aye, what of it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 14, 2013, 04:03:49 am »

2nded, Cacame wouldn't be wielding some low quality poverty-hammer. Give him the real shit! http://images.wikia.com/pjdf/images/2/2f/Warhammer_render.jpg This looks more like what Cacame would use ...
You are confusing a maul with a war-hammer.  His depiction of Cacame with a war-hammer is definitely the better way to go with it unless Cacame used a maul in combat.

Don't force me to bring magma.
We all know that Cacame didn't bring a f*cking potato masher into battle. But you do as you please, I'm pretty sure it will be sweet anyway! :)
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 28, 2013, 05:04:25 pm »

Necromancer: (gestures) Raaaaiise!
Me: Oi!!! (bashes out necromancer's teeth with a warhammer) Now pick those up and go suck on them, ya necrophiliac sod!
Necromancer: (holding his mouth with one hand, gestures to own teeth and scampers away followed by jumping teeth)

Well, since the topic is already undead, I might as well post on it... ;)

If anyone's interested, I've finished updating the Wiki page. There are a couple of issues, though:

-Warhammer: due to the being made of mithril, I expect it to have been created during a mood, and to have a name. Does it have one, or should we make one up?
* a mithril hammer would be too light to normally be made;
* although it's called a warhammer, it's usually depicted as a maul; if anything, the iron band around its head could give it enough weight to work;
*the spear head on the top, being mithril, would be nigh-unbreakable and would add slashing damage to every blow
 +optionally, if keeping enough range, it could also be used as a sword;
* the pole appears to be telescopic - it changes its length, up to Cacame's own height in the Colossus;
 +if so, the spear head on its end makes even more sense.
All this could actually explain why he were only a competent hammerer when he fought the dragon: he'd often resort to slashing or stabbing his opponents, gaining other skills instead...

-Since the pics posted by Holy Mittens were missing, I couldn't read the info directly. What was his mother's surname, maternal great grandfather's name, King Nithe's surname (and dub), and the predecessor dwarven king's name?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 05:06:37 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 30, 2013, 01:07:30 am »

That king is a SPYYYY

The spinning Obsidian strikes Valikdu in the head.
Valikdu has been struck down.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 26, 2013, 05:06:56 pm »

That king is a SPYYYY

The spinning Obsidian strikes Valikdu in the head.
Valikdu has been struck down.

[Urist MacNoob gestures!]

[Valikdu's mangled corpse shudders.]

[Valikdu's mangled corpse stands.]

...And I have nobody to sic you on but yourself. That's fantastic.
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 08, 2013, 06:34:28 pm »

Has this thread died? .-.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 08, 2013, 06:57:38 pm »

This thread died in 2010, my friend.

But every few months, someone new to the forums discovers it, either by forum delving or via the wiki, and posts without looking at the dates...

And usually, asks whether it died.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 08, 2013, 07:47:02 pm »

But (tree perverts) are supposed to be immor(t)al!

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 09, 2013, 08:09:33 pm »

This thread died in 2010, my friend.

But every few months, someone new to the forums discovers it, either by forum delving or via the wiki, and posts without looking at the dates...

And usually, asks whether it died.

Wow Im late
Derp
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 74