Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 547913 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #330 on: August 25, 2009, 03:33:58 am »

Huh, interesting that the Royal guard was out there already. Well, who knows, I've had plenty of regular Fortress Guard rush out into battle, maybe the Royal guards do that too.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 25, 2009, 03:44:22 am »

I've had them do it when they spot an enemy. Like in a previous fort where I had an outdoor statue garden. The Guard would hang out there all the time and if they saw a group of goblins or something nearby, they'd charge out and fight them. But I've never had a guard so distant from either a meeting place or barracks. Especially not one all by herself.

Of course, it could happen all the time. But just not in any fort I've noticed.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 25, 2009, 03:47:06 am »

I had a fort once where my entire Fortress guard got it into their heads to rush out and engage the enemy. Nicely bypassing my carefully stationed soldiers and ruining the entire ambush I had set up. *sigh* And they were no where NEAR the enemy when they started this run. So I know it's possible, at least.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 25, 2009, 04:28:00 am »

I am curious as to the game reason for his apparant invulnerability though; by all accounts that Dragons should have plastered him all over the walls,
did you miss the memo? Megabeasts are weak stuff. Sure, if it had breathed, the elf would be toast likely. But the dragon that visited my fort died from a single rock falling on it. (No, not a cavein. Just a rockfall.)

kobolds...I don't know. Was Jreengus? How can you GET a famous kobold with [UTTERANCES]?

If someone wants to draw something !MANLY!, I did just use Dwarf Companion to turn a few of the elf and goblin females I had caught in cage traps into members of my civ. I figured they have succumbed to his Immortal Onslaught,
alas that the game is coded for IMMORTAL MONOGAMY. So he won't go loving again, since his wife be chopped liver.

Actually, not sure if -no, since it doesn't delete the relationships to dead people, they shouldn't remarry afaik.

And, while Cacame Awe(so)medinade is such...'memetic badass' jokes are [MAXAGE:0]. (Or ought.) Instead of spreading memetic infection,- oh, good, the thread's back to Deeds Heroic.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 25, 2009, 04:33:06 am »

I have occasionally seen the Hammerer decide that he needs to go hammer the besieging invaders. I actually had him destroy an entire Ogre siege once, much to my shock.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 25, 2009, 06:43:36 am »

Is Cacame's wife's name listed, or is she an <unknown creature>?

Also, since he's technically a 'pet', does he have a relationships/thoughts screen?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 25, 2009, 06:47:56 am »

Must be listed somewhere (if not necessarily on the relationships screen) or we'd not know she was killed and eaten, wot?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 25, 2009, 06:58:46 am »

Yeah, I think Holy Mittens found that report in Legends mode.

We also know that an elf called Iwo shot and killed the elf that ate Cacame's wife, but beyond that, we don't know much.

Except that Cacame was apparently married when he was 16.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 25, 2009, 07:17:23 am »

Aye.  I'm raising the demand that we know more about Good King Cacame!  We demand screenshots of all the relevant Legends pages!
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 25, 2009, 07:26:23 am »

Yeah, how can we engrave without the details?  ;D

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2009, 07:36:47 am »

The Hammerer actually was there to pick up refuse (I tend to turn on hauling jobs for my nobles via Dwarf Manager). She just decided she was going to produce elves for the elf throne!!!1!

Fixed that for you.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 25, 2009, 08:42:14 am »

[size=9]BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
[/size]

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2009, 03:39:37 pm »

His wife's name was Nemo Ruyavaiyici. She was also a Guard for their town, but she had no notable kills or anything of that nature. She was also young, the same age as Cacame.

The "tame" non-dwarf Civ members can build relationships... but only with other members of the same race, it seems. The goblin continues to have no relationship with anyone, even though her personality screen defines her as "very friendly". The elf has become friends with Cacame, but no one else. Similarly, Cacame's only relationship is with the other elf.

I'm not sure if that has to do with language or simply race.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 25, 2009, 04:48:03 pm »

Actually, I was wrong about her being a guard for the town. She was actually a wanderer. I've gone back and gotten pictures from the Legends screen.

If you're wondering why is only goes up to 102 (and thus doesn't have Cacame's nickname and growing kill sheet), it's because it's an old save I have specifically to look at the Legends for this world. Didn't feel like going through the entire save scumming process to look at an up-to-date one since it'd be mostly uninteresting.

Let me know if you want any more besides these.

First of all, the man of the hour, Cacame himself:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, his wife, Nemo:

The elf that brought about Cacame's hatred of all things elf, Amoya:

The second-most badass elf in the world, the one that killed Amoya, Iwo:
In case you're wondering about Iwo's wife there... Yes, she was also killed by other elves. However, Iwo was there and killed her killer in return (Imiwa).

A few others mentioned in Cacame's history. First, Nisa, the one who managed to rip his lower body (presumably before he discovered his wife had been eaten):

And the elf Cacame was dueling down at the last event, Nithe:
As you can see, the dwarves of the Creation of Ferns are total kill stealers.

Cacame's dad, Fewetha:
Yes, his last name is Spokenthundered. And note what happened to him after he was killed. You will notice a similarity when you see...

Cacame's mother, Osime:

I think this gives us a lot of insight into Cacame. His mother was killed and then eaten by Gibberlings (grotesque creatures that exist to kill, eat, and reproduce), then a year later his FATHER was killed and eaten by them. A decade later, as he is beginning to settle into an easy life as a guard of the town he was born in, his wife was killed and eaten by other elves.

If you're wondering about the rest of Cacame's family, they are all living unimportant lives. Most tragically, they are still living in the elf civilization.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 25, 2009, 04:53:06 pm »

Cacame just can't get a break, can he.

Also, Iwo and Sibrek for the win! It's too bad they didn't follow him to your fort. Iwo is a mad elf killer.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 74