Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: In China, you can trust the prostitutes  (Read 5660 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: In China, you can trust the prostitutes
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2009, 11:45:09 pm »

I'm more terrorfied that religous workers are the most trusted.

Oh wait, what do they worship on the other side of the globe? That might have something to do with it.

Um, priests aren't as pedophilic in asia. That's a uniquely western problem.

PRIESTS ARE PEDOPHILIC?!

I take offense to your generalization. Not because I'm a priest, but because nothing is absolute. What if someone said that pedophilia was a uniquely "people who use forums names that start with a V" problem?

Weeelll, I did say that they weren't as pedophilic.

Also women are less likely to display pedophilic tendencies! (Yes, yes, that's another generalization).

Some of our (Asian) priests like money, though. Lots of it.

The problem there is that people assume that the (Catholic) priesthood makes people into pedophiles. It doesn't. But pedophiles see the priesthood as an avenue to accessing their targets.

While my generalization is unfair, well...

I do remember reading plenty of horror stories about New England priests.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2009, 11:45:17 pm »

First, look at a buddhist monk, and a farmer, who would you trust with your money, second, the religious people are trusted because all the people go to them for confessions, now, who would you think is a pedophile, a stalker, or The Pope?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2009, 11:50:52 pm »

First, look at a buddhist monk, and a farmer, who would you trust with your money, second, the religious people are trusted because all the people go to them for confessions, now, who would you think is a pedophile, a stalker, or The Pope?

I don't think the "religious workers" in the article are buddhist monks, though. Buddhism is more passive, whereas christianity is more likely to try and reach out to people.

Also I don't think the Pope is a pedophile. I just don't like the current one as much as John Paul II.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2009, 11:53:54 pm »

notapopestalker.com?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2009, 11:55:05 pm »

Also I don't think the Pope is a pedophile. I just don't like the current one as much as John Paul II.
Are you the one who planned this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvBD3efXxb0

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2009, 11:56:48 pm »

That was the... stupidest thing you've ever said.

Though I did like the guy who shot John Paul and afterwards became good friends with him.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2009, 11:59:00 pm »

Are you the one who planned this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvBD3efXxb0

Woah, what? Now I'm planning assassinations all of a sudden? ???

Anyway, everyone knows that Pope Benedict XVI can't be assassinated. He'll stop you with his force lightning.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 12:01:54 am by Vester »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2009, 12:00:42 am »

That was the... stupidest thing you've ever said.

Though I did like the guy who shot John Paul and afterwards became good friends with him.
Well that time I was joking, and my comedy is stupid, very stupid.
Though pedophile priests, are a bit... strange, maybe thats why I don't go to church.

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2009, 10:53:37 am »

Re: Roosterfighting:
Its pretty much a sport over there. In some areas, you'll see just about every house has at least one rooster chained up outside. And pretty much all of the televised stuff was done with huge knives strapped to the roosters' legs.

Note: By sport, I really mean it. They have different brands of fighting feed, vitamin supplements, etc etc, and blood lines like in horse racing o.o
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2009, 11:03:45 am »

Weird. usually the "monks" you see in Asia are just beggers, drunks and winos that pretend to be monks to recieve handouts. Thats the vast majority unless you go to the monastary itself.

A bit like the hobos in the USA that say they are veterans but will be hard pressed if you ask them what unit they were from or why they don't just get VA disability money...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2009, 11:42:31 am »

In China, you can trust the prostitutes

Well, in Soviet Russia, the prostitutes trust you!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2009, 11:46:17 am »

Lets not make Soviet Russia jokes...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2009, 11:47:40 am »

IN SOVIET RUSSIA THE JOKES MAKE YOU!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2009, 12:07:37 pm »

pedophiles see the priesthood as an avenue to accessing their targets

The problem was that things were blown out of proportion (Though any news story is) and people started to believe it was running rampant and ultracommon and that no other profession had such. (Teachers... hmmm)

Also yeah I loved John Paul the Second.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2009, 12:20:24 pm »

Also yeah I loved John Paul the Second.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:30:36 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5