Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: In China, you can trust the prostitutes  (Read 5667 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: In China, you can trust the prostitutes
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 12:21:48 am »

Dude, my friends gramps only took supplies from subs unless the japanese got there first. He was at the island called Ilo Ilo or something.

Iloilo is in the central Philippines ;D.

The Japanese weren't as strong there, I think.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 01:59:54 am »

Nah I visited with a friend, he bought me a fighting cock, I left it with his uncle, he actually sold it.

I am not quite sure what to think here.

Heck I am not even sure if what you just described is legal.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 02:05:21 am »

I believe I'm seeing a pattern in the threads you make umiman...

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 02:14:05 am »

Only 7.9% thought they were trustworthy? And thats the 3rd most trustworthy job?

Maybe the that concept/word isn't translated perfectly?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 02:25:26 am »

Nah I visited with a friend, he bought me a fighting cock, I left it with his uncle, he actually sold it.

Cockfighting is legal over here, and it's a (relatively) big thing with sponsors, official feeds for the chickens, so on and so forth.

The roosters don't actually hurt each other, they just fight until one of them no longer wants to (and it sits down).

Mind you I only know this from older folks, I've never actually seen a cockfight nor have I any interest in seeing one.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 03:24:43 am »

Cockfighting is legal over here, and it's a (relatively) big thing with sponsors, official feeds for the chickens, so on and so forth.

The roosters don't actually hurt each other, they just fight until one of them no longer wants to (and it sits down).

Mind you I only know this from older folks, I've never actually seen a cockfight nor have I any interest in seeing one.

Do they put the rubber shoe things over their talons?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 03:33:32 am »

Oh dear, I just got reminded of the "bear pits" conversation from Thief.  It's 1:30AM here, I shouldn't be laughing now.

I'm also intrigued by how this thread went from trusting prostitutes to cockfighting.  As has already been made clear there is most certainly a joke in there, but it probably wouldn't be allowed.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 03:37:34 am »

I don't think we have any Chinese members, so we can't get a firsthand view of what this means.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 03:42:00 am »

Do they put the rubber shoe things over their talons?

Cocks normally fight using the spur on their heel. I think what they do is remove the spur or dull it with a file so that it can't puncture flesh, but I'm not sure.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 04:45:04 am »

Where cockfighting is illegal, they normally add another blade to their feet. The fights are a lot more brutal and end a lot faster that way.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 04:46:28 am »

Where cockfighting is illegal, they normally add another blade to their feet. The fights are a lot more brutal and end a lot faster that way.

That... that explains why it's illegal, in those places.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 04:51:05 am »

It really depends on the rules of the area, so to speak. Some places just prefer sharpening of existing talons. Others want more blood. Some encourage the act of making the roosters go insane before a fight.

I never saw the appeal of it, but if you give people an exciting avenue to gamble, they will do it.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 04:53:36 am »

I guess I can understand why they'd be trustworthy. Good for repeat business. A disappointed customer is a lost one, so it does make a sort of sense.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 05:02:06 am »

Wait a minute.. 7.9% of the respondents find them trustworthy? That sounds like 90% of the respondents don't find anyone trustworthy at all!
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 05:07:32 am »

No, more like they had a huge amount of choices to choose from and each had to select the best three.

Statistics baby! It's always wrong and so sexy doing it!

If I had to select the top three general service workers I'd trust the most, it would be...

1. Bicycle repairman
2. Small bookstore owner
3. Fireman
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5