Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: RTD in the Future Turn 10: Normal, Normal, Normal.  (Read 19041 times)

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 10: Normal, Normal, Normal.
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2009, 02:06:46 am »

I have a good look at RAM's rocket launcher, and attempt to repair it to a point where it is non-faulty. If you don't mind me doing so, RAM.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2009, 02:18:43 am »

Yeah, go for it, what sort of friend would keep all the firearms to themselves!

I will assist in the effort to take the real Blueprints to the Admiral, and stash the copy someplace, probably amongst Frelock's components on the ship. If the Admiral complains about the wait I simply point out the perfectly reasonable requirement of any good engineer to install 'executive upgrades' on any ship they are operating...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2009, 03:18:19 am »

I spend one more day doing the boob jobs and such and then head to the Bar to try and gleam some rumor info.

Anything new at the shops? A combat knife would be pretty kick ass.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2009, 04:01:59 am »

A'right STOP!

Maybe we should sell the blueprints.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2009, 04:06:49 am »

An intriguing idea, the real question is, would we last long enough to buy our safety. How important are our employers, and how expensive is to build one of these cloning deals?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2009, 04:10:25 am »

Well, my guess is that our employers are super important as out ship does not have one of those drives (yet). And we are not sufficiently supplied to go out on our own. I say we give the copy (No matter how good, a copy is a copy) to the Admiral. Until some more of the story fleshes out.

(Then again, i dont get the reference. >_>   )

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2009, 04:23:25 am »

(Then again, i dont get the reference. >_>   )

(You probably wouldn't - It's just that a Mr. Invisible (random semi-hip-hop band) song I've got on my iPod, "Rock Rock", which was on The What CD Vol. 2, has "A'right stop/Who's still bobbin'/We've got the knot on your neckbone throbbing" as a couple of lines.)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:55:02 am by James.Denholm »

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2009, 05:15:04 am »

(You probably wouldn't - It's just that a Mr. Invisible (random semi-hip-hop band) song I've got on my iPod, "Rock Rock", which was on The What CD Vol. 2, has "A'right stop/Who's still bobbin'/We've got the knot on your neckbone throbbing" as a couple of lines.

That being that, i stand my my vote to give them the copy, not the original. How will they know it is a copy anyway?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2009, 05:38:15 am »

I don't see the point in keeping the original, if the copy doesn't work, then giving it to HQ is probably a bad idea, and if it does work then it doesn't really matter to us which version we have. And it should be possible to tell if it was made using Terran technology if they decide to examine it closely or if the Martians start collaborating with them.

Also, deliberately giving our superiors forged documents probably counts as treason...

RAM: hand over the original(probably has copy)
Frelock: hand over the original

KlanK: hand over the copy
James.Denholm: hand over the copy or sell it(probably has original)

Little: Look for a job wiring explosives.

If someone switches sides or Little has an opinion it would be easy enough to leave it to a vote.
Read the First Post!

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2009, 06:08:39 am »

(You probably wouldn't - It's just that a Mr. Invisible (random semi-hip-hop band) song I've got on my iPod, "Rock Rock", which was on The What CD Vol. 2, has "A'right stop/Who's still bobbin'/We've got the knot on your neckbone throbbing" as a couple of lines.

That being that, i stand my my vote to give them the copy, not the original. How will they know it is a copy anyway?

It was a random reference! Just to gain attention, it dosen't mean anything! Stop reading into things this far, we aren't playing Mafia. :P

Anyway, let's look at this. GM said it's a full-fledged copy, right? That probably means that it's the same in content (though perhaps in our language - GM said deciphered), but I doubt that it's written on sand paper.

But... what about making a copy of the copy, giving the original to the admiral, and selling one of the copies to a corporation (auction maybe?) for megabucks [size=9]ultrabucks?[/size]

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2009, 05:21:19 pm »

It was a random reference! Just to gain attention, it dosen't mean anything! Stop reading into things this far, we aren't playing Mafia. :P

Anyway, let's look at this. GM said it's a full-fledged copy, right? That probably means that it's the same in content (though perhaps in our language - GM said deciphered), but I doubt that it's written on sand paper.

But... what about making a copy of the copy, giving the original to the admiral, and selling one of the copies to a corporation (auction maybe?) for megabucks [size=9]ultrabucks?[/size]
Just had to jump in here..
Making a copy out of the copy would take a shitloads longer then the old one did, and will most likely be faulty, but if you can make one you could theoretically sell it at a auction, but if it was faulty they would probably want their money back/sue you, for millions/billions/trillions of UC.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2009, 06:09:11 pm »

Oh...

Well, we can still sell the copy (seriously, what would we do with one of these engines?) for ultrabucks.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2009, 04:01:57 am »

Bump!
We give the original to the admiral and keep the copy a secret, when we have the resources we will build our own interstellar ship and nobody will know about its ability.
Read the First Post!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2009, 11:10:36 am »

(seriously, what would we do with one of these engines?)
You kick ass all over the universe, obviously.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2009, 09:10:55 pm »

Smuggling, spying, running our own missions... At first all interstellar ships ought to be tracked, being able to go places that we shouldn't be able to get to would be a great alibi if ever we need one...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12