Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: RTD in the Future Turn 10: Normal, Normal, Normal.  (Read 19060 times)

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 8:No?
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2009, 04:56:33 am »

RAM... I may be wrong, but I don't think any of our characters have PhDs in aerospace engineering. I get a feeling that the blueprint is very complex.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2009, 05:54:19 am »

I can build jets out of spare parts...
The blueprints themselves are probably complex, but they are still just records and data, and I don't have to copy them out by hand. if it is difficult there will be a dice roll, if I roll a 5 it will work, if I roll a 1 it will be very very very bad, if there is no dice roll and I fail then it really isn't an option.

I want to make a copy of the blueprints, I don't care how I do it, I just want a copy...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2009, 06:06:38 am »

Just don't destroy the original, okey?

EDIT: Perhaps it's time to post my action. I try to help RAM make a copy of the blueprints.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 06:09:15 am by James.Denholm »
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2009, 06:49:33 am »

I go to the firing range and practice with my pistol.

(couldnt think of anything helpful >_> )

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2009, 07:28:36 am »

Turn 9:A little alien technology on the side...
I go to the firing range and practice with my pistol.

(couldnt think of anything helpful >_> )
You start heading to the firing range and take fun in using your pistol in a long time.
Just don't destroy the original, okey?

EDIT: Perhaps it's time to post my action. I try to help RAM make a copy of the blueprints.
You help RAM decipher the blueprint..
I can build jets out of spare parts...
The blueprints themselves are probably complex, but they are still just records and data, and I don't have to copy them out by hand. if it is difficult there will be a dice roll, if I roll a 5 it will work, if I roll a 1 it will be very very very bad, if there is no dice roll and I fail then it really isn't an option.

I want to make a copy of the blueprints, I don't care how I do it, I just want a copy...
[6] After hours of drawing on the board, crappy copys, and intense concentration,With james help, you manage to decipher it and produce a Full-Fledged copy of the blueprint, but your head aches from the hard hours of work[-1 to all mental rolls].
I look for a place to train my repair skills.
[3]You look around, only to find a small 10 minute job fixing a pipe leak in maintenance for 50UC.
I suggest we find some sort of scanner that could copy the blueprints down, so we could build our own drive.

Anyhow, get to the turret, and see if I can optimize the systems a little.
You stare at the vast array of wires and circuits, only to be dumbfounded on how to uprade the turret.[Needs crafting III]

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 9:A little alien technology on the side...
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2009, 08:42:28 am »

The admiral will probably take it badly if we don't deliver these blueprints now.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2009, 11:02:38 am »

I Take the copy of the blueprints, buy a couple of tonnes of steel and have it moved onto the ship, while that is happening I will try to build a rocket launcher. If I have any time left over I will try to practice my crafting by building some disco lights and a sound system in the lobby of the ship. Yes, I will need to steal some components from Frelock, but what they don't know won't hurt them...
Read the First Post!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2009, 12:49:35 pm »

I don't mind you stealing my components, but for a dance floor?

In any case, I'll watch RAM to see if I can't gain any insights into crafting.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2009, 03:26:52 pm »

Look for a way to train my repair skills.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2009, 03:33:07 pm »

Who is going to deliver the blueprints?

I head to the local Med station and charge people for plastic surgery and boob jobs.   >_>

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2009, 06:08:31 pm »

Someone should probably deliver the copy, rather than the original.

I look around for odd jobs. Preferably something that will provide a fair bit of cash.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 06:20:47 pm by James.Denholm »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2009, 11:45:01 pm »

Turn 10, Normal, Normal, Normal.
Someone should probably deliver the copy, rather than the original.

I look around for odd jobs. Preferably something that will provide a fair bit of cash.
[2]You look around for a job but can't seem to find one.
Who is going to deliver the blueprints?

I head to the local Med station and charge people for plastic surgery and boob jobs.   >_>
[3]You find the med station, but only manage to make a little money as a freelancer surgeon.[500 UC gained]
Look for a way to train my repair skills.
[1] You look around but can't seem to find anything, and on the way a pickpocket steals 20 UC from you![20 UC lost]
I don't mind you stealing my components, but for a dance floor?

In any case, I'll watch RAM to see if I can't gain any insights into crafting.
[4] You huddle over RAM and observe him putting the gadgets and gears into place, asking what 'this one' and 'this one' does. You scoop some info from it, but are a long way from knowing how to make something.
I Take the copy of the blueprints, buy a couple of tonnes of steel and have it moved onto the ship, while that is happening I will try to build a rocket launcher. If I have any time left over I will try to practice my crafting by building some disco lights and a sound system in the lobby of the ship. Yes, I will need to steal some components from Frelock, but what they don't know won't hurt them...
After buying all the steel, you get to work on the launcher.[6]After about an hours work, you finish the launcher, it came out a bit faulty so it will need to be activated.[2]You start the disco room, but all that happens when you turn it on is a high pitched squeal and a blinding light from the disco ball.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 10: Normal, Normal, Normal.
« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2009, 11:52:47 pm »

Meh, needs work. I leave the launcher on the ship and take the copy of the blueprints to the Admiral.

I think it would be better to take the original to the admiral, the copy should work just as well and I would rather limit the evidence of there being a copy.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:11:06 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2009, 11:58:26 pm »

I agree, we should take the original to the Admiral.  In any case, I'll guard the RAM and the others.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2009, 01:26:28 am »

Look for a job wiring explosives.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12