Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: RTD in the Future Turn 10: Normal, Normal, Normal.  (Read 19106 times)

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 5:Caves?
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2009, 11:41:29 pm »

Sorry, was working all day

I head over to the door with my gear.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 5:Caves?
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2009, 12:47:25 am »

TURN 6, WHAT THE HELL?
I go look for a job that will net me some easy cash and allow me to use my repair skills.
You find a small job repairing a miner's AC unit for about 100 UC[100UC gained, job finished.
Sorry, was working all day

I head over to the door with my gear.
I find some miners and ask them about the caves, mostly for information on the terrain but I will keep an ear out for rumours... Then I head through the door to the right with guards around it.
They talk about rumors of aliens with elongated heads.
I head to the aforementioned door and await the rest of the squad.
Well, since the missile launcher didn't go so well, store everything save 2 ration packs, some water, and my rifle in the shuttle and go through the door.

After finally all meeting up, you proceed through the door and scout around a bit...

Walking down the tunnel, after what seems like about a day, the tunnel widens and pulls down..
  Several humanoid creatures live in this red living space, their skulls are elongated and they emit a radiance. a river to the right runs like one on earth, a few rocks but all good. The humanoids are worshipping a totem pole that emits a blinding light, but  other then that there are modern things here, AC units, beds, engines, etc. The walls remain normal, rock.[4]You barely manage to stay hidden from the worshipping humanoids.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 56:What the hell?
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2009, 12:54:59 am »

I look for something to train my repair skills on.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2009, 01:44:33 am »

"A'barra, Eberswalde, cover us and hold the door. Anteron, See if they are willing to talk, but don't take any risks. I am going to go have some fun..."

I hide behind the engines and try to see how they work.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2009, 01:54:26 am »

"A'barra, Eberswalde, cover us and hold the door. Anteron, See if they are willing to talk, but don't take any risks. I am going to go have some fun..."

Yessir!

I sneak over to the mouth of the tunnel. I take out my Karbine training it on the nearest Humanoid, looking for any signs of hostility.

Wouldn't it be better to wait to examine the engines until after the encounter?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 02:31:40 am by KlanK »

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2009, 02:18:30 am »

((Silly Lear, should have bought a pistol as well. A sniper's next to useless here!))

"Sir... Yes sir. You two... try not to shoot me if everything goes pear-shaped."

I cautiously walk up to the humanoids. If/when they break their worshipping, I attempt to communicate with them.

[spoof dialogue]
I... am... Gie-ran An-te-ron. Pl-ea-se... don't... kill... me. You... are?
[/spoof dialogue]
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2009, 02:35:47 am »

"You got it."

Move to set up a position where I can maintain a cross-fire with KlanK, and fire only if things get ugly.

((Oh, and by the way, those last 50 turns went by really fast...))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 02:38:27 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2009, 03:04:06 am »

TURN 7, NEUTRALITY?
I look for something to train my repair skills on.
[6]After looking around for some time someone asks you to fix some pipes on his ship for 200UC, you sign it and go there but figure out that there were ALOT of pipes to be fixed.[2 turns to complete contract]

[4]you manage to sneak up to the engines and start examining them for usefull information.

Yessir!

I sneak over to the mouth of the tunnel. I take out my Karbine training it on the nearest Humanoid, looking for any signs of hostility.

Wouldn't it be better to wait to examine the engines until after the encounter?
[4]You huddle over and lie prone at the side of the tunnel mouth in the shade, locking your aim on one of them, waiting for hostile signs.
"You got it."

Move to set up a position where I can maintain a cross-fire with KlanK, and fire only if things get ugly.

((Oh, and by the way, those last 50 turns went by really fast...))
[4]You huddle over to the opposite corner of the tunnel, lying prone adjacent to KlanK.
((Silly Lear, should have bought a pistol as well. A sniper's next to useless here!))

"Sir... Yes sir. You two... try not to shoot me if everything goes pear-shaped."

I cautiously walk up to the humanoids. If/when they break their worshipping, I attempt to communicate with them.

[spoof dialogue]
I... am... Gie-ran An-te-ron. Pl-ea-se... don't... kill... me. You... are?
[/spoof dialogue]
[6+1, automatically goes to 5]You walk up to them and speak to them in your normal language. Your mind, it does not hear any words, but it feels them coming from the alien in a cryptic voice. "Those old miners of your civilization, we killed them. They refused to leave our home tunnels in peace, and mars is ours, not you'res to exploit. We have observed you're race for many a milennia, and we can tell you that you're planet is dead. You have gone too far to regain the health of your planet, and it will die within the next century. Our planet is early, and we shall nurture it. If you, and your people do not leave, we will take drastic actions. This is not a act of aggression, but of self defence. We shall give you a blueprint of one thing of our technology, and one thing only. A Compression Engine, it will transport ships at a rate of 1 light year, as you humans call it, a day. It is not the best compression technology, but it gets the job done. You're leaders will most likely be able to decipher the blueprint, it is for you're race to survive and colonize other planets of the cosmos, consider it a 'gift' "
One of them stops worshipping and walk forwards, grabbing a small piece of confined sand paper out of a sack on his stomach, he extends his hands towards you and[5]you manage to resist the lock, he frowns and drops the blueprint into your hand, extendes unseemingly without your knowledge. He starts speaking in a cryptic speak, high pitched, like a squeal. You lose your strength, and fall to hte ground. You're mind feels like it's on fire, and then you are blown back, but with a feeling of knowledge.[You have learned Native Martian]
He walks away and starts to continue worshipping the totem.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 7:Neutrality?
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2009, 03:29:30 am »

"Oooookay... Thanks for the tip, we'll pass along your message. Lets just leave these nice people to keep doing what their doing." I help Gieran Anteron up and head back to the docks. Trying to take note of anything unusual I noticed about the engines(were they alien at all?). "We should probably radio back, anyone want to try explaining this?"

(*sigh* too bad there wasn't a good opportunity for sabotage...)

That assumes that I heard the conversation, can we all speak native martian now? Or did most of that only happen to Gieran Anteron?

(Also, I got to be team leader for a turn, heh heh heh...)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 03:38:34 am by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2009, 03:40:35 am »

I thank the Martians in their native tongue, pick myself up, dust myself off, and follow RAM.

This new language gives me an opportunity for a whole new range of cheesy pickup lines!
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2009, 03:59:09 am »

Yeah, I guess if we know their language we must know how many genders they have, you can't speak the language without knowing how to address people...
Read the First Post!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2009, 04:10:09 am »

"Oooookay... Thanks for the tip, we'll pass along your message. Lets just leave these nice people to keep doing what their doing." I help Gieran Anteron up and head back to the docks. Trying to take note of anything unusual I noticed about the engines(were they alien at all?). "We should probably radio back, anyone want to try explaining this?"

That assumes that I heard the conversation, can we all speak native martian now? Or did most of that only happen to Gieran Anteron?

RAM, the alien spoke to james/gieran only, so you didnt learn the language, only lear/gieran/james knows it, but over a series of time he could teach it to you.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2009, 04:22:47 am »

RAM, the alien spoke to james/gieran only, so you didnt learn the language, only lear/gieran/james knows it, but over a series of time he could teach it to you.

You assume that I want to. :D

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2009, 04:28:51 am »

I get up off the ground, dust myself off, and head back to the docks with the group.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2009, 04:42:26 am »

So all we know is that the unknown entities walked up to gieran, touched him, and he fell down?
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12