Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: RTD in the Future Turn 10: Normal, Normal, Normal.  (Read 19111 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 4:Mine that metal boys!
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2009, 04:26:04 am »

If it just takes a 4 or better to gain a skill it might be possible to get some very high skills very quickly.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2009, 06:17:36 am »

I head over to the man beckoning to us and engage him in conversation to see whats going down here at the mining station. 

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2009, 12:03:18 pm »

If it just takes a 4 or better to gain a skill it might be possible to get some very high skills very quickly.
that gives me an idea. alright, new rules. after getting [6] rolls up to 4 turns, you learn a skill. buying a skillbook is better but costlyier.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2009, 12:06:50 pm »

Oh, that's right, Lear went on that vacation of his. I'll contact james.denholm and ask him if he wants to take his place till lear get's back.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2009, 12:36:20 pm »

The 8th is still tomorrow where I'm at so here's my last action until I return.

I will look around the station and inquire about the cave(s) we're going to be heading into.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2009, 01:05:46 pm »

TURN 5, CAVES?
Is it possible that you meant 100 pounds of components?
If our ship can carry much weight we could make a killing selling unused freight space to get stuff to the station. *sighs* Why did I spend al my cash before coming here...

I ask around about the caves and try to get some appropriate transportation to reach them. "You might want to go easy on the shopping until we know what we are dealing with, you never know when you are going to have to lug some alien monolith back home to study..."
I walk to the man who is beckoning to us and try to find out what they want.

I 'think' that I am the only one in the team with Crafting I. I would be happy for the opportunity to make stuff blow up but you can probably find some random person around the facility with the necessary skills, I am kind of busy this turn though...
The 8th is still tomorrow where I'm at so here's my last action until I return.

I will look around the station and inquire about the cave(s) we're going to be heading into.
I head over to the man beckoning to us and engage him in conversation to see whats going down here at the mining station. 
I buy the radio, stash it back on the ship, then got to the man beckoning to me.
You lug your radio back to the ship and meet up with your squad to speak to the man.

"Ah... Hello, i'm the commander of U.E.S.F. Operations here, in the last few weeks we've lost 3 miners of the 4 we sent to something, incidentally, in the new cave system we were exploring. We we're scouting for the river that the satellites had discovered, but 3 of the miners havnt came back yet and 1 came back, but was jabbering about 'Psychics' and 'Aliens'. We took him to the clinic for a pyschilogical evaluation. Anyway, if you go out the airlock to the right and continue down the tunnel there'll be a door to the right with guards around it, go through there and scout around i guess. Radio back to me when you've found the river or escaped from an engagement with.. Hostilites."
The goal of my action is an attempt to learn crafting, through my knowledge of weapons systems and steady repairman's hands.
[2] The launcher came out as a garbled mess, you failed at crafting the launcher.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 5:Caves?
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2009, 03:24:49 pm »

I go look for a job that will net me some easy cash and allow me to use my repair skills.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2009, 04:01:23 pm »

Well, since the missile launcher didn't go so well, store everything save 2 ration packs, some water, and my rifle in the shuttle and go through the door.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2009, 04:07:36 pm »

Well, since the missile launcher didn't go so well, store everything save 2 ration packs, some water, and my rifle in the shuttle and go through the door.
wich door?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2009, 04:08:39 pm »

Anyway, if you go out the airlock to the right and continue down the tunnel there'll be a door to the right with guards around it, go through there and scout around i guess.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2009, 05:50:57 pm »

I head to the aforementioned door and await the rest of the squad.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2009, 07:32:56 pm »

I find some miners and ask them about the caves, mostly for information on the terrain but I will keep an ear out for rumours... Then I head through the door to the right with guards around it.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2009, 11:24:06 pm »

Hey guys! Because of me being on the waiting list and all, I've been asked by x2yzh9 to stand in for Lear while he's away, which I intend to do, if that's okay with you all. That is okay with you all, isn't it?
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2009, 11:30:17 pm »

Yeah, you're cool.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2009, 11:38:59 pm »

Ok, KlanK hasnt posted in.. a considerable time, guess ill just GM him.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12