Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: RTD in the Future Turn 10: Normal, Normal, Normal.  (Read 19098 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 3:Let's Get this show on the road!
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2009, 12:05:50 am »

I'll familiarize myself with whatever armaments our ship has.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2009, 12:13:48 am »

I examine as much of the ship as I can (systems, weapons etc). If there are Class I Ship Weapons I will station myself at one.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2009, 12:22:23 am »

I find a palce to stow my gear in the ship, look for any medical areas/stuff and strap myself in. Who the hell is going to pilot this thing anyway?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2009, 12:58:43 am »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2009, 01:37:11 am »

TURN 4:MINE THAT METAL BOYS!
I find a palce to stow my gear in the ship, look for any medical areas/stuff and strap myself in. Who the hell is going to pilot this thing anyway?
You pile your gear into a small chest at the foot of your bed, and find some emergency medpacks in one of the crates of the lounge, and turn on one of the movies to pass the time.
I examine as much of the ship as I can (systems, weapons etc). If there are Class I Ship Weapons I will station myself at one.
You look around, and finally find a small hatch in the corner of the bridge that, after opening it and looking down, drops into a chair with some joystick controls with full pivoting, a small turret attached to the bottom of the ship.
I'll familiarize myself with whatever armaments our ship has.
[5]After browsing the shuttle you find a small crate in the lounge that has a old missile in it. You somehow manage to get it online again, but have no idea where it might go. It seems about the right size for a missile launcher.[launcher needs 15 LB of steel, 1 LB of components.] You later find Lear scanning his radar at a turret in the corner of the bridge.
Okay, in which that case I go see if there's anything that needs to be fixed/maintained.
[5]you stumble upon a small pipe that leads to the AC, and after fixing it, manage to find some extra components inside it without messing it up[1 LB of components gained]
I get behind the controls, request permission to leave and that the hangar door be opened, warm up the engines and shout to the rest of the crew "Hey! Are you lot ready to go yet?", in that order...

Why am I the only one able to pilot?

Oh, I think I have chosen my catch phrase: "Ramming speed!"
 heh heh heh, those poor pools, RAM's character was just going to be an eccentric techy, but she ended up behind the wheel of a vehicle...
You get behind the navigation console, flip the switches. All lights green, and blast off into space, heading towards the coordinates Lear told you to go to[that in turn the commander said to go to.]
As the ship slowly hums into the atmosphere, the sky turns tawny, dust storms rage on the surface as lighting streaks across the sky. A uncomfortable BUMP is felt as the shuttle lands in the small docking port of the Martian Mining Facility, after gaining clearance, of course. The hangar door slowly closes as a flurry of dirt, soil, and rock fly about outside in the storm. It is calm.
Docks
Five docking ports exists here, 1 occupied by your shuttle and 2 other occupied by somewhat moderately sized freighters. Engineers and hauler bots slowly walk around, flipping through quotas, hauling steel, and generally repairing some old components on one of the freighters. A small store sits in the corner, next to it is a door leading down to the main complex.

Store
-The Little Pick, 100UC[this is a damn mining facility, so don't ask why it's cheap ^^]
-'Earth Shovel? Hah! Only the Martian ones survive!'Shovel, 50UC
-1 Ton of steel, 200UC
-1 Ton of components, 500UC
-5 Tons of rock, 20UC
-Radio, with M.N.N. preprogrammed in[Martian News Network], 200UC

Main Complex
After walking down the ramp from the docks into the main complex, you step into a large tunnel-ish. the ceiling and walls are a large tunnel, with the exits parts, walls protecting from the environment. A cafeteria is dug into the tunnel wall in the corner, and interspeakers boom over the assortment and rows of benches, TVs, and rooms broadcasting M.N.N. A man stands in a corner and beckons for you all to come to him. You spot a small door with a glowing light that says 'Hotel' above it.

Hotel
Some shabby doors line a hallway, a bellboy sits at a desk writing some papers, above him a sign reads,
Welcome to the Locust Hotel! We hope you enjoy you're stay, and at a steal of only 50UC per night[turn] how could you resist! We promise quality service, and wonderfull food. Enjoy you're stay.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:56:35 am by x2yzh9 »

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 4:Mine that metal boys!
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2009, 01:59:18 am »

I buy the radio, stash it back on the ship, then got to the man beckoning to me.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2009, 01:59:30 am »

I'll pick up a ton of steel and components.  If anyone else would care to use them, feel free to pitch in.  Then I take my purchases back to the ship, and begin work on that new missile launcher.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2009, 02:09:50 am »

I'll pick up a ton of steel and components.  If anyone else would care to use them, feel free to pitch in.  Then I take my purchases back to the ship, and begin work on that new missile launcher.
Eh, you only have Repair I, not Crafting I, so you'll need to find someone who has at least that and see if their willing to craft if for you.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2009, 02:17:56 am »

Is it possible that you meant 100 pounds of components?
If our ship can carry much weight we could make a killing selling unused freight space to get stuff to the station. *sighs* Why did I spend al my cash before coming here...

I ask around about the caves and try to get some appropriate transportation to reach them. "You might want to go easy on the shopping until we know what we are dealing with, you never know when you are going to have to lug some alien monolith back home to study..."
I walk to the man who is beckoning to us and try to find out what they want.

I 'think' that I am the only one in the team with Crafting I. I would be happy for the opportunity to make stuff blow up but you can probably find some random person around the facility with the necessary skills, I am kind of busy this turn though...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 07:51:42 am by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2009, 02:31:15 am »

to RAM:I mean 1 ton, hehe. This mining station mines load of iron and melts it into steel, and extracts the oil and refines it to plastic like a mofo, as such they can make hundreds of tons of steel, components, and rock and such. The ship could hold 5 extra tons if a hovercraft or such was inside the lobby of the shuttle, and 20 tons if a hovercraft or something wasnt in there.
 To Frelock, if you brought the components and steel to the mining complex you could find a contracter persons and haggle for a cost, ranging from 10 UC to 100UC, using the diplomacy skill. You could ask one of your squad mates to haggle for you, of course. Wich would give a +1 to the roll and a -1 if its a [6]

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2009, 02:47:32 am »

*drools* That many components could last me for a week! *distant expression* Maybe I could sell some organs, the U.E.S.F. would probably replace them if I came up with a good story...
Read the First Post!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2009, 02:59:45 am »

The goal of my action is an attempt to learn crafting, through my knowledge of weapons systems and steady repairman's hands.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2009, 03:05:59 am »

Well take my advice, if something doesn't explode then you aren't trying hard enough.
Read the First Post!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2009, 03:08:19 am »

The goal of my action is an attempt to learn crafting, through my knowledge of weapons systems and steady repairman's hands.
This seems feasible, though the action will have a roll associated with it, obviously 3 gives you a gain on your knowledge of it and 4-6 learns it.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2009, 04:14:13 am »

This seems feasible, though the action will have a roll associated with it, obviously 3 gives you a gain on your knowledge of it and 4-6 learns it.

Well certainly; it wouldn't be an RTD if it didn't have a roll associated with it  :).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12